Delayed Reponse to actions in UO

I am updating my post because I have narrowed down the issue.

I am having an on going issue. When making actions in UO it seems that there is a delay. For instance, when I pick up a pile of gold the gold does not stay under the cursor. It will trail behind the cursor and then when I stop moving the cursor it will catch up and land under my mouse finally. When clicking on a rune book the double click to open will register as picking it up to move it. It is making my game play extremely frustrating.

Things I have done to troubleshoot:
I have reinstalled UO twice
I have installed the old UO OSI and the problem did not follow.
I have tried three different Internet Service Providers.
I loaded the game through UO Steam and the problem followed.
Last thing I have done is installed UOF on a spare computer, and the problem did not follow. (so using the same ISP for both computers)

So I have ruled out it being the new server, my ISP.

I now know that it is specific to my computer, though I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I am going to at some point try wiping my computer and re-installing the operating system. Before I do that I am looking to see if anyone has had this issue and can give a fix.

Side note:
When un-installing razor, and then re-installing it my settings are still there. I am curious as to why it is not fully un-installing. When I re-install UOF it knew to run as administrator and saved my compatibly settings. I am curious if there is something corrupt with my UOF, and it is not fully getting deleted so when I put it back on the problem comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:

De Medici

Grandmaster
There is no fix, its called lag. You just have a bad ping thats the problem and I have the same issue.

My ping is around 130s, that should be good enough. Is there any staff members looking into this? I put in two pages and the end result was to post on the forum here. Some type of response would be welcome.

Dellan

Grandmaster
Razor has 600ms delay when it comes to some stuff. Can be lowered, UOsteam has it too. Unsure aboout mouse in separate thread, have you tried unchecking that?

Bump, Would love for a UOF staff member to look into this. I was told by a GM in game to post here for help and still nothing.

crazy-horse

Master
See if you Anti-Virus is causing your lag. It can do it. Turn it off for a few minutes and see if the lag goes away.