Creating 21 DIVERSIFIED characters

Hephastus

Journeyman
Now that we can have up to 21 chars per IP (buying character tokens), here is my personal favorite character template portfolio (not saying that I finished all of them, though I did 3/4th).

While some are geared towards pvp, some obviously only work in pvm while a few are mules. This portfolio is primarily paying attention to DIVERSIFICATION if you're planning to play UOF literally forever. You might make more gold by creating 21 BOD runners or 3 fishermen, and it is probably more fun for pks to play 21 reds - but again, if you're willing to experience almost every land mass and setting of the UO world, this character portfolio works out fine. I hope it inspires new players who (similar to me when starting out) had no clue what characters to create in the very long run.

1. provo tamer
2. mage tamer
3. one-handed fencer with poisoning
4. two-handed macer with alchy
5. one-handed macer with parry
6. two-handed fencer with peace
7. two-handed swordsman with lumber
8. stealth thief
9. disarm steal mage
10. tank mage with swords
11. heal stun mage
12. provo mage
13. pure bard
14. wood-and-livestock crafter (lumber, bowcraft, carpentry, tailoring, cooking, music, magery),
15. ingot-and-reg crafter (mining, smithing, tinkering, inscription, poisoning, alchemy, magery)
16. t-hunter
17. fisher
18. dungeon chest lockpicker
19. pure archer
20. stealth archer
21. provo archer

Note that this list is far from complete. Feel free to add interesting templates.

Mango

Grandmaster
I am for sure one of those 20 BOD runners, 1 PvM kinda person, but I really like your list. I feel inspired to try out some of these ^_^

C

Carl

Not sure where you are getting 21 from your math is a bit off. The most you can have per ip is 18 characters that's with all 3 accounts, and buying the char slot tokens max per account is 6.

C

Carl

Last time I checked it's only 6 per account i'm pretty sure you can't make a 7th.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
yeh.. .theres no open slot to make a 7th, people like bromista are claiming they have 7 chars on their accounts.... might be using a different client version?

Bromista

Grandmaster
Last time I checked it's only 6 per account i'm pretty sure you can't make a 7th.
Confirmed 7 per acct.

Does the freebie/revert bonus slot not count towards your total perhaps?

I noticed on my third acct I created post revert I did not have the bonus 4th slot, perhaps maybe that account can only reach 6 chars even purchasing tokens?

C

Carl

Confirmed 7 per acct.

Does the freebie/revert bonus slot not count towards your total perhaps?

I noticed on my third acct I created post revert I did not have the bonus 4th slot, perhaps maybe that account can only reach 6 chars even purchasing tokens?

Likely the case

Bromista

Grandmaster
Heh even still...20 chars is certainly more than enough!

Or 18 chars eventually for those who are only recently joining us.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Now that we can have up to 21 chars per IP (buying character tokens), here is my personal favorite character template portfolio (not saying that I finished all of them, though I did 3/4th).

While some are geared towards pvp, some obviously only work in pvm while a few are mules. This portfolio is primarily paying attention to DIVERSIFICATION if you're planning to play UOF literally forever. You might make more gold by creating 21 BOD runners or 3 fishermen, and it is probably more fun for pks to play 21 reds - but again, if you're willing to experience almost every land mass and setting of the UO world, this character portfolio works out fine. I hope it inspires new players who (similar to me when starting out) had no clue what characters to create in the very long run.

1. provo tamer
2. mage tamer
Two tamers on opposite accounts is the only way to fly. Provo tamer/mage tamer (or in my case archer tamer) combo is nasty.

3. one-handed fencer with poisoning
Might I suggest alchy nox fencer?

4. two-handed macer with alchy
5. one-handed macer with parry
I don't even have a macer but these are certainly capable builds.

6. two-handed fencer with peace
Ehhhh I'd skip the peace especially if you have two tamers to do your farming. Another PvP fencer or a champ fencer with hiding/magery?

7. two-handed swordsman with lumber
Maximum damage on a swordsman with magery = bring the pain.

8. stealth thief
Skip the thief! Unless you are determined to have one.

9. disarm steal mage
Always thought about it never pulled the trigger. With changes made to stealing I think this template just got nerfed, might wanna stick to the stealth thief if you must.

10. tank mage with swords
11. heal stun mage
Can never have enough PvP mages.

12. provo mage
Skip it if you have a provo tamer.

13. pure bard
See #12^

14. wood-and-livestock crafter (lumber, bowcraft, carpentry, tailoring, cooking, music, magery),
I would recommend moving carpenty to crafter below.

15. ingot-and-reg crafter (mining, smithing, tinkering, inscription, poisoning, alchemy, magery)
Ditch alchemy, poisoning, and inscription. These skills are useful in PvP and are not required to combine with other crafting skills for any reason. Ultimate crafter template: Tinkering, Tailoring, Carpentry, BS, Mining, and some Magery/Med allows you to do all things crafting that require multiple crafting skills (like legendary crafting stuff)

16. t-hunter
17. fisher
Sure why not.

18. dungeon chest lockpicker
Not very fruitful and can be done with your t-hunter depends on how you set up his skills.

19. pure archer
20. stealth archer
21. provo archer
I'd say rock a mage/med archer and if you're feeling frisky a stealth archer. And again you don't need a provo archer if you have a provo tamer, however a provo archer is definitely a good build in the absence of a tamer. Certainly recommend provo archer over a mage archer any day.

If you decide to skip some of the above builds due to redundancy you can always replace them with more PvP mages. Alchy stun PK/factioner, scribe stun factioner, nox mage, alchy scribe, hide/stun griefer mage, etc.

Note that this list is far from complete. Feel free to add interesting templates.

Hephastus

Journeyman
Well, then let's just say that the max slot number is between 18 and 20 (at least until somebody tries out 21).

I believe that this kind of important information should be officially provided in the new FAQ section as this is definitely a "Frequently Asked Question". Maybe some developer can add this info after double-checking the code and consulting with his colleagues.

@Bromista:
Interesting comments. I agree with every word about redundancy, but I was actually running out of ideas for pvm templates (other than adding pvp variations). An interesting template you mentioned in your last sentence is a griefer, which I have actually never thought of and might be fun to play occassionally.

Bromista

Grandmaster
lol hide stun is fun :)

Oh and I forgot to mention Peacemaking is broken here, failure rate way too high and duration way too low. Always provo over peace.

Hephastus

Journeyman
Yeah peacemaking is broken here, particularly when attacking tougher mobs.

I found it most useful to farm liches, higher eles and titans though, as you can hit them without taking much damage (at least at 120 peace) while controlling the spawn next to it. It is also very useful if you're hunting werewelves and other mobs that start running away incredibly fast when they're at low health.

The biggest disadvantage of the peacer is that you cannot really keep the paragon versions of the aformentioned mobs peaced (even at 120 peacmaking and using a slayer instrument). In that case, I usually move on or try area peace (never fails and is on a very short timer but only lasts for like 2 seconds).

It is not my favorite template, to be sure, but it is fun to play every now and then. A provo-based template is of couse superior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hephastus

Journeyman
I almost forgot alchy stun.

I personally went heal-stun because I am GM lagging evertime i am limitted to WLAN. Try cooking pots with a lag spike ... ouch.

Vahk

Neophyte
No inscription mage? Doesn't inscription make spells stronger?

You have a two handed macer with alchy? What's the point of that? Does it make drinking potions more effective?

Bromista

Grandmaster
No inscription mage? Doesn't inscription make spells stronger?

You have a two handed macer with alchy? What's the point of that? Does it make drinking potions more effective?
Scribe only has buff/defensive boosts here (reflect, protect, reactive)

Oh and alchy adds a boost to explo pots which can now be thrown with two-handed weps.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
my accounts can only hold 6 per account... how do some of the kids have 7 per account?? do i need a different client??? i was here when the extra char slot was given out, but im still at 6 and no option to make a new char