Contructive feedback regarding 10% skill loss on pets upon death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowdyRandy

Novice
Well, I'm a tamer, two in fact. And I approve this change! It adds more excitement to taming. Besides pets train SO much easier here than any other place I've played.
+1 staff!

Gerosin

Adept
At the end it's up to the staff to decide and what they feel is right and beneficial to the community as a whole. If they believe this change is necessary despite all the feedback, it's still their game. They are in charge and can do whatever they like with it. I'm just aware that when my pets die twice and are in the 70s during that day I can not feel confident anymore to bring them out again. I had hard time to keep them alive fully trained...another death would result me ending up just training pets constantly until they are viable for PvM.

I have some backup pets I decided to use for the time being. Let's see how long I can use em before I find myself quiting the game for being unable to play my character. If the staff believes less players can help the server somehow then this was surely the right move in my opinion.

C

Carl

Too add to what Bryce said keep in mind not all changes are set in stone. Some things you just have to throw out their and see how it goes. We already have a few tweaks to make but at the moment we are ok with 10% but we will be fixing it so it doesn't go below 90%.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Jut another example of group A having it too good for too long and a kneejerk reaction going above and beyond what is reasonable punishment, effecting new players ten times more than it does veterans.

Let's find a better number shall we?

Messremb

Grandmaster
SMH, the staffs recent changes have all had negative impacts on PVM players, while griefers and PKs still have it supper easy. ya, this is the end of my PVM on this server.

on a side note, tamers already had lots of risk. more risk than any other type. I lost a 300-400k mare the other day cause I forgot to change over my pet palls (no I was not PVPing with it.) when was the last time a PK lost that much? also if a PK gets stated they just log on another PK. it costs only like 40k to make a PVP char. if a tamer wants to do that he has to either spend weeks training or spend Mils.

I hope you guys decide to stop making shit harder for the PVM players and do something about PKs and griefers. that shit is seriously out of control, and all you seem to want to do is shit more on the PVM types.

halygon

Grandmaster
How about making the All Follow Me command work when a player is a ghost, then? That'll allow Tamers to get their pets out of certain death situations when a mob accidentally murders the tamer. Instead of standing there for 5 minutes waiting for the inevitable death of the pets - of which nothing can be done about it - allow the tamer to at least have a chance to walk their pets out of that situation.
I'd support this if it required GM Spirit Speak to work :)

Bigwyrm

Adept
Tamers are important part of this economy ..it is one of the skills people will donate farm or contribute to the server in many ways to achieve there goals to become a tamer.

I think they should be able to send there pets into mobs to get there provo started ..or recall out when a pk is near..after all that work
that isint favoring simplicity ..so this is why we being punished ??

as for this new 10% loss at one death so you at the cap of 90% after one death is not well thought threw..should be like 2% each death so after lets say like 5 death your at cap of 90% would be a good thing ..so each death hold a little weight..not all at once

Last edited by a moderator:

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Carl stated everything.

We randomly hop around, we scan the happenings and daily activity of the server.

This change is long overdue. People become complacent in their behavior.
Is it possible to DC in game? Yeah. Just like a murderer could dc and lose his character for 48 hours.
Won't take a tamer 48 hours to train back up that/those pet(s).

It's a constant that tamers disregard their pet's safety for simplicity. Be it recalling away from the sight of a PK, to "all kill tank and spank" sending it in to a swarm of mobs while everyone gets their provo's off and melee trains going hard. With 3 accounts now, this has and would only rise. Send them in and amass as many points on other characters as you can.

Risk. There will be a risk to managing your pets. Worried about a paragon spawning and taking it out if you dc? Work in groups. Just like with pk's. Many opt to farm alone for full loot. The drawback being that they will get zerged down. Risk.

The game being more difficult is a good thing. Are we cranking up damage done to followers? No.

Tamers have had it easy for a long time. Too long. Sure, it's a hard and long skill to work. But that doesn't means it should be a light at the end of the tunnel. Not a concrete wall.

The same issue arose when Barracoon was fixed. Many thought it was an "over buff". But he's legitimately functioning as per its original written code. People were just so used to the laid back ease, it came as a huge culture shock.

Take care of your pets. Take care of your friends pets. Work together, not against them. :)

Skill loss is a punishment for murderers, 10% skill loss for pets each death is a punishment for having a tamer?
A tamer takes ages to make, a pker can be made in less than a day. Pkers go out murdering people yet tamers and pkers both deserve punishment?
If its capped at 10% that would be ok I suppose but still a bit harsh. I do a bit of everything in UO so I am not just looking at it from a tamers point of view.

Bryce

Adept
This thread has gone from constructive feedback, to us explaining the reasoning as well as the 90% cap that Carl and I agreed on last night, to people explaining that they feel the game is now too hard for them to cope/play to bartering.

As with everything in the game, we'll be monitoring these adjustments. That's not to say we're asking people to page in with their disdain on the matter. We can scan the world and its situations with ease.

We'll watch and see how things go. Mind your pets!!

Status
Not open for further replies.