Classic Houses

lost

Grandmaster
This bug has been around awhile, and I've mentioned it to GMs before but have yet to seen it be fixed. It appears there is a problem with placing custom plots around pre-existing classic houses. If the classic house is there before, the custom plot must be TWO tiles away on any of the sides, excluding the front and back.

On log cabin's, you must place 6 tiles infront of the cabin instead of 5. I have lost two max plots due to houses falling with classic houses next to them, thus putting me into the position that I'm trying to place against a pre-existing classic house that has screwed me out of one tile needed to get max storage.

But if the classic house is placed after, it can be one tile between the classic and the custom, on the sides. I've seen people place 7x7 blocking plots, then someone places a classic house along side it, and when that person goes to resize their 7x7 later, soon as they pick it up they have lost one tile on the side if that classic house is along the side.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
Not sure if this is related, but there IS a "bug" about placing houses where the house plot overlay won't actually be lined up with the spot you see on the ground unless your game window is ALL THE WAY in the top-left corner of the screen. If you click the gold bar around the game window, you notice you can actually drag it around -- this needs to be all the way in top left corner or else you won't be able to place properly.

I didn't know about this until I read it in the FAQ about a week ago.

lost

Grandmaster
yeah I'm aware of this, but I've had GM's come look at the placement, try it with their player toons and agree its bugged and should be able to place. Just too many idocs I've seen fall and cant be placed the same way it was because of classic along side it.

Yagyu

Adept
I dont see the problem? No one is making you do idocs, just place a smaller house.Or buy a house. No shortage of houses on server. I wish they just got rid of the classic houses they are inferior to the custom houses in every way (except doing the roof) you can easily make a custom house to the same specs as a regular house. I guess people find reasons to cry no matter what!