Bug: Skills Zero Out when Starting with Mysticism

halygon

Grandmaster
I was creating a new character tonight and saw the skill Mysticism on the list of starting skills to choose from. I was curious to see what starting items this gives since it is not an enabled skill on the shard. I gave it 10 points starting.

Character got created except all starting skills I had chosen were zero. My real skill was zero. In addition to this, no starting items were given (probably because no skill points were given).

So here I have a newbie character with no skills and no items except for the starting gold and the clothes on my back.

This isn't a show stopper for me as I will just buy up the skills to 45-50 but I thought you guys should know about it.

Vindicate

Neophyte
So in other words, only thing u would have to turn down would be this Mysticism for only 10 points, allowing you to reach 700 cap in the desired skills? Also, do you mean by thats the ONLY starting skill? Not a 50-40-10? and would it be the same if it was like that just 50-40 in those skills?

halygon

Grandmaster
So in other words, only thing u would have to turn down would be this Mysticism for only 10 points, allowing you to reach 700 cap in the desired skills? Also, do you mean by thats the ONLY starting skill? Not a 50-40-10? and would it be the same if it was like that just 50-40 in those skills?
No, I started with
50 points skill 1
50 points skill 2
10 points skill 3
10 points mysticism

All four of these skills loaded as zero when my character was created. So I actually received no free skill points.

IF it had actually given me 10 points in mysticism, then yes, I would have had to turn the arrow down to gain back those 10 points.

JoeB

Adept
We are aware of this. Thanks for writing this actually because hopefully this will get a bit of word out. We do get the rare page with this issue. If you choose a skill that is not in the UO:R era when starting a char it will give you 0 skills in all categories chosen. Stats will remain as chosen.

Luckily buying up skills costs 1gp per 1pt so no players who have paged in regards to this have had
issue buying skills up. Plus as you know you can buy up to nearly 50 in most all skills. Typically veteran players, like yourself, just toss them some gps and they buy up the skills. I have gotten companions over to these players sometimes as well to help them out when they happen to be brand new and paged in.

halygon

Grandmaster
We are aware of this. Thanks for writing this actually because hopefully this will get a bit of word out. We do get the rare page with this issue. If you choose a skill that is not in the UO:R era when starting a char it will give you 0 skills in all categories chosen. Stats will remain as chosen.

Luckily buying up skills costs 1gp per 1pt so no players who have paged in regards to this have had
issue buying skills up. Plus as you know you can buy up to nearly 50 in most all skills. Typically veteran players, like yourself, just toss them some gps and they buy up the skills. I have gotten companions over to these players sometimes as well to help them out when they happen to be brand new and paged in.
Can you buy up taming? I think that's the one skill I've never seen on npcs. It's not on animal tamers or vets.

JoeB

Adept
ab7d679d358f8d684f236f6fcb3b0d53.png

Yagyu

Adept
Easy to buy up 50 taming on a new character or a new player, why pay for all those horses when you can tame them at 50?