Buckler vs. Heater Shield

Both of shield do not have a Dex penalty, but Heater Shield provides higher AR.

So... is there any comparable merit to Buckler now? Like successful Parry rate or something like that.

If not, I'd like to suggest adding some benefits to lower AR shields, as I mentioned above. Actually, any alternatives would be welcome, of course. Any idea? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Some servers have low AR shields have a higher Parry rate. Dunno' if that was always the case or not, if it came from any particular era, but it was something I've seen before. I don't think that it's active here, though.

Some servers have low AR shields have a higher Parry rate. Dunno' if that was always the case or not, if it came from any particular era, but it was something I've seen before. I don't think that it's active here, though.
Yea, I won't say the exactly same thing must be implemented here, but I think that any trade off between higher ARs and "something" would bring much more diversity for players.

Bromista

Grandmaster
As it stands the lower AR shields are actually good to use in one situation: for training berserker talismans. You get all the benefit of being able to block a hit with as little penalty to gains as possible.

I save fortified and indestructible wooden shields and buckler's for this reason.