1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombieland Mini-Event 8/15/2015

Discussion in 'News' started by Staff, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Sabadou

Sabadou Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    So server maintenance in the middle of an event? Good idea

2. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    :eek: braaaiinno_O

3. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Man there were a few scores that were wayyyyy too high.

Why do people cheat in Zombieland? I don't understand. I just banged out 500+ pts solo in two hours, pretty happy with that.

2 people like this.
  4. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    500 in 2 hours. 24 hour event. 12k possible. Were the top scores higher than that?

5. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Well the difference is the fulln24 hrs wasn't up last I checked, I didn't die once, and I'm a fucking boss at zombieland.

A couple of those scores are pretty damn inflated.

Being a known exploiter yourself, you could probably tell us how it is done!

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    As to top scores being too high I would say that people did play these things almost the whole time they were up so I'm sorry your two hours doesn't compete with that.

Although I do disagree with giving the top rewards based on score alone for a long event because encouraging 24-7 really isn't healthy. I think a system where you can choose to do a final hour for your character by saying something (Ie. "This is the hour of my death") that way you can play for as long or as short as you want but as long as you can put in one solid hour you have a chance to compete for top prizes. Power games would be able to do it on all their chars and might still win but would stop people from feeling they can't log out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2015
    2 people like this.
  7. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    I don't expect my two hours to compete with people pulling all nighters. That's not the point I'm making, and you know it.

See this is a fine example the kind of passive aggressive bullshit you do that I was talking about.

But you do make a good suggestion.

I watched a few people skyrocket up the leaderboard in those couple hrs this afternoon. And there are confirmed methods of cheating in zombieland, if you remember correctly people were abusing the z axis "incline" exploit in past events. Because of that I ruled out getting the 800 pts for completing the cure quest, but I suppose it's possible that there is a reasonable explanation.

This has happened before and will continue to happen. You need to either wake up or go back to sleep, buddy.

You never, never reply when I call you out for being a cheat so I don't know why you would choose to start now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  8. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    By the way I do not want to discourage people from participating by accusing players of cheating. The reward is the event itself not being at the top of the leaderboard.

If staff catches people cheating they get their scores wiped. So that's that.

I fucking hate cheaters. Can anyone tell?

2 people like this.
  9. Elite

Elite New Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Being as I am one of those people that were a top the leader board.

Its really nice to come on to check what the forums are saying about a mini event... a mini event I dedicated a lot of hours into. Just to see someone like Bromista saying the only way that its possible I did so well is, I was cheating.

You may not "want" to discourage from trying hard at these events, but you are.

However, your bullshit views on myself or other people. Hold little if any merit.

Those who fail, blame the success of others on cheating. Always happens, always will happen.

People like Bromista will always be around crying "oh poor me" "the world isn't fair"

Suck it up butter cup. Be better.

4 people like this.
  10. Decoy

Decoy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    What did the scores eventually get up to? I logged off around midnight est with around 3.1K? or so and someone had about 3.8K in first.

11. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    You must be new here.

I didn't say everyone who scored high cheated, did I? No, I did not.

Add to that the fact that there are known ways to cheat...well you sir look rather foolish.

12. Rouge

Rouge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Did the top 50 get anything? I feel like there's no way in hell I didn't make top ten but haven't gotten anything. Anyone?

13. ProdigyOsi

ProdigyOsi Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Calsifer [Werkt] - Guild Leader
    via: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/how-to-get-zombieland-rewards.64550/unread

Nothing yet though.

2 people like this.