1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombieland Mini-Event 8/15/2015

Discussion in 'News' started by Staff, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

We are once again running our famous Zombie Survival event.

• YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS SKILLS OR ITEMS BEING EDITED IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL CONTROL A "ZOMBIE AVATAR" DURING THE EVENT.

• DUE TO THE SHORT DURATION OF THIS EVENT, PLAYERS WILL BEGIN WITH NEAR GM SKILLS
    OBJECTIVES
    This is just an interim run of the event. There are no objectives. The top 50 players will receive a small reward for participating.

*While the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere

NEVER PLAYED ZOMBIELAND BEFORE?

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY

If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzdFua5jRng

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY IF THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ZOMBIELAND FAQ

Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

Q: Are there any mounts?
    A: No mounts at all!

4 people like this.
  2. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Christmas?

3. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    W0oT!!!

4. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
  5. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    I love you. No really. I do.

6. Leggoo

Leggoo Active Member

Jun 27, 2015
    What time does this begin?

7. Skye Wolfbane

Jan 22, 2013
    But wait..am I missing when and for how long? One night only or the weekend?

8. Rouge

Rouge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Loving this event but having an issue. I've now found two maps to cache chests but every time I try to open them it crashes my client :( Any thoughts?

9. Nesha

Nesha Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Nesha
    how do we get in zombieland? i cant seem to find portal

10. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2013
    *While the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere*

2 people like this.
  11. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Little bit of feedback for the battles event: way wayyyyy too much "heavy" spawn.

In past zombie events there were times when there wasn't enough. Looks like we went too far the other direction :p

12. Skye Wolfbane

Jan 22, 2013
    I've never been able to use the maps.

And yeah spawn is heavy but I also think less people are playing.

2 people like this.
  13. Deadpool

Deadpool Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Zombies?
    As in undead?
    As in not living anymore?
    As in reanimated corpses?
    As in Ultima Online is turning my brain into mush?
    Oh shit, I am the zombie.
    Do I need to run?

2 people like this.
  14. Rouge

Rouge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    @Skye Wolfbane, it seems like the map is more for your own use. You double click a green shovel and click the map. You then bury the chest and can dig it back up by using the green shovel and clicking on the spot that you burried it.

What I'm ASSUMING is that this is so that if you build up a nice cache of equipment that you don't want to lose, bury it somewhere and if you die, just get a green shovel and get your stuff back. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be the idea.

@Deadpool Yes, run far away :p

15. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    You don't have to click on the map to bury your cache. I personally don't use the map.

2 people like this.
  16. Rouge

Rouge Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Right on Kilike, thanks for the info. I buried a chest before I eventually logged so here's to hoping I pop up in the same spot when I log back in, ideally without swarms of the undead about, lol.

2 people like this.
  17. Skye Wolfbane

Jan 22, 2013
    Only during zombie events am I up at almost 6 a.m. on a Saturday.....<3

8 people like this.
  18. KillaKalan

KillaKalan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Killakalan Jazzy Belle
    How long was the event this time

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

19. Zoobler

Zoobler Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Spider, Petyr Baylish
    Long enough to be a freaking blast but not so long as to cause burn out. Early Friday evening to early Sunday morning? That's ballpark.

Excellent job staff. Thank you for the fun filled weekend ;)

3 people like this.
  20. KillaKalan

KillaKalan Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    Killakalan Jazzy Belle
    Loved the event extremely sad though cause i had to car shop all weekend and only was able to play for an hour. Fml

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2 people like this.