1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombieland Information

Discussion in 'City of Trinsic' started by Skye Wolfbane, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    **NEW INFO:
    • Zombies have the chance to drop "a rotting zombie head"
    • Take the rotting zombie head to one of the zombie portal cauldrons scattered throughout zombieland
    • Double click the cauldron and any zombie heads will be converted to event crystals and added to your bank in the normal world
    • Prizes will not be awarded based on points, those are bragging rights only
    • The cure recipe has been changed
    Zombieland is coming this weekend it seems and for those who have never played there, there's a pretty good learning curve.

It is completely different than regular UO. It's set in Delucia, so..fun! You are your character, but your skills are different. Most start t about 80 and there's no skill cap so you can be a mage, fencing, blacksmith tailor.

You start off with a knife and bandages and you will die..a lot. Over and over and over and bounce around the world each time you die. When starting, this is the time you try to raise some skills as you bounce, hiding when you find a good spot or your fighting skills, etc.

We try to group up in Zombieland but you can't talk in guild or alliance chat. There is a world chat, [ZC and then when we do find each other, we can party which makes finding the group easier once inside Zombieland.

We generally try to find a spot near a forge to hold up and defend. There are chests you bury and dig back up, called "caches." They require finding a chest and a green shovel.

There are also different targetting options that will be explained in more detail.

It's pretty necessary to be in voice chat, even if you can listen to me ramble on (if you are in Trin/alliance but people should get in UOF voice too if they don't have a guild).

Anyone can hop on test at any time to check it out. Go to the Test Center and type [z and a gump will pop up and click "join event."

Please feel free to ask questions here in this thread and I'll do my best to answer if you can't make the Zombieland Training on Tuesday.

Some more things to know:
    * Targetting is arcade style which is explained here (along with some other information): Or we have a steam macro that I will post in this thread that overrides the arcade targetting. It's kind of neat though and not too hard to master but takes some time to set up the hotkeys.

* Most other macros won't work in Zombieland so for example, healing self has to be done under Options in the game options. Make sure to TURN on new targeting system. I don't know why this works but it's the only way it will let you set a macro.)

* You will lose everything when you die so if you get a good stash, bury it. But remember where it is. There are maps with the locations you can keep in a buried cache, just remember where that one is buried. Don't keep the maps on you. When you die, people can loot them and find your caches.

* Kill every bird you see for feathers - trust me on this.

* There's a quest. We generally try to do this as a guild so that everyone can accomplish the quest. We help each other find recipes and get them in order. (you'll get this more once you've been playing in Zombieland more.)

* I will share some macros and maps to make it easier to find each other.

* If you're stuck, and don't want to work hiding for a while, say "I don't want to live." (I may have to double check that wording.) You'll die but get moved somewhere else.

* When you log, make sure to do it through the Zombieland gump, [Z command, otherwise your character will become a zombie essentially and start attacking everyone (which is pretty freaking funny when it happens.)

*Items can be thrown like weapons - spoons, plates, stools. Very funny, very cool.
    (Will add more as I think of them.)

Video about Zombieland (a bit old but still pretty much the same concept):

PS: You do not need to be in our alliance to ask questions here about Zombieland. We want as many people there as possible so please feel free to ask or share your experiences, offer tips, etc.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. Skye Wolfbane

Jan 22, 2013
    Macro to override the arcade targetting. Just copy and paste into Steam and loop. (Remember, while running this you won't be able to use other macros..some won't work at all in Zombieland so best to set some targeting self healing macros, etc. in the in-game Option gump)

@setalias 'self1' 'self'

@getenemy 'enemy' 'criminal' 'gray' 'closest'

pause 750

if @inrange 'enemy' '1'

attack 'enemy'

setalias 'vendor' 'enemy'

while @inrange 'vendor' 1

pause 850

if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1'

msg '!3'

endif

if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' == y 'self1'

msg '!7'

endif

if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'

msg '!1'

endif

if @x 'vendor' == x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'

msg '!9'

endif

if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'

msg '!2'

endif

if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' > y 'self1'

msg '!4'

endif

if @x 'vendor' > x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'

msg '!6'

endif

if @x 'vendor' < x 'self1' and @y 'vendor' < y 'self1'

msg '!8'

endif

endwhile

endif

3. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I messed around with this on the weekend, Mugan was there as well, and think I put in a couple of hours playing when I should have been enjoying 2x.. But hey, this was a ton of fun.. I'll definitely be there on Tuesday, this will be a ton of fun with a group. At one point I had a heater, and a power katana, and was killing daemons, and abominations and such, building up to it was a blast. And then in the blink of an eye, one slip up, and it was all gone.. So much fun though!

Skye Wolfbane likes this.
  4. Swango

Swango Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Swango
    It's fun.

Skye Wolfbane likes this.
  5. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    thanks! helpful information

6. Streets

Streets Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Actually looking forward to the practice just to have some fun before the event. How to see you there.

7. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    Zombieland

8. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    NEVER PLAYED ZOMBIELAND BEFORE?

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View:

If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out.

View:

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY IF THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ZOMBIELAND FAQ

Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

baddie likes this.
  9. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    we need a Razor Macro for Z land

10. baddie

baddie Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Dolf Lundgren
    Banshee Cry
    a lot of great info in here, thanks!

can the quest be completed solo? i'm still trying to find a resource on how to do it. i remember a couple years back literally spamming http://discord.uoforever.com offering gold to people to just give me information on the quest stuff. i got really far with weapons, armor, accumulation of spells saved in my spellbook after probably over a dozen hours.. but i couldn't find any information on the actual quest, and the map is huge with some areas densely populated with big bois. (feathers = arrows to kill big bois, she ain't lying)

11. Skye Wolfbane

Jan 22, 2013
    Sorry Baddie just saw this. We'll have to see what changes they make for the next zombieland because anything I tell you right now could all be for nothing.

baddie likes this.