1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombieland Event!! September 20th, 2014 - Starting at 2PM EST

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Staff, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG]
    The zombie event will be paused starting 9/24/2014. It will recommence on Sunday for the day. On that day, I will run it in the early morning and spawn the dragon bosses sometime during primetime. At the end of day, the zombie event will conclude and rewards will become available.

****Tentacle kill points will be refactored from 1 point to 5 point on the next restart. If you are caught afk killing creatures in the event for points, you will have your score wiped. We consider this AFK resource gathering as the creatures provide points for rewards.

****It has come to our attention that people are abusing LoS issues with T2A to easily kill some of the more difficult monsters. In particular, people have been doing this against the horrifying tentacles. For this reason, we will be refactoring scores to include horrifying tentacles from their previous 45 points to 5 point. We have also done a general refactoring of all other mobs points. Aside from the horrifying tentacles, this will not have anything other than a visual impact upon your scores. It will not impact upon the value of your points towards rewards (the rewards costs will also be factored to accommodate this change).

****Being caught farming on an incline (so that mobs will not attack you) will result in your points being wiped.

We are once again running our famous Zombie Survival event. This event will last for a week starting on September 20, 2014 and running until September 27th, 2014.

THE EVENT WILL START BETWEEN 1PM-2PM EST

THE RACE FOR THE MAIN OBJECTIVE (FINDING THE CURE) WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY.

MOB KILLS AND COMPLETING THE OBJECTIVES WILL CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR SCORE. REWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT SIMILAR TO HOW REWARDS WERE DONE FOR THE BATTLES TOURNAMENT.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS SKILLS OR ITEMS BEING EDITED IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL CONTROL A "ZOMBIE AVATAR" DURING THE EVENT.

[​IMG]

There will be two objectives: The initial and main objective is to find the cure for the zombie plague. You will be given a cure item at the end of the event if you have inoculated yourself against the Zombie Plague.

The secondary objective is to slay the Chaos Dragons which will be located in the T2A desert. Damage done will be used to tally the winners for this sub-objective.

Lastly, all mob kills are being tracked.

when the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere

The event is currently up on the test center as well. If you want to try it out, log on to login.uoforever.com and port 2598.

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY

UPDATE: If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out (it's neat, Youtube can do it for you automagically!)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzdFua5jRng

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! WE WON'T BE HAPPY IF YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

FAQ:
    Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: How do I make the cure?
    A: You have to mix the proper ingredients together in the proper sequence and in the right way. There are white-robed mobs named "____ the Seer" who give you hints that you must remember--pay attention to the step numbers! There is a small chance that those hints also drop on corpses. PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL THE CURE STEPS IN GLOBAL CHAT!

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

Q: Are there any mounts?
    A: No mounts at all!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    8 people like this.
  2. Akillah

Akillah Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Akillah, Ruby Red, Janis Joplin
    YAY, ZOMBIES FOR MY BIRTHDAY, JUST WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED!!! <3

2 people like this.
  3. 84brian

84brian Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Happy day of birth. ^_^. Will this add on to our event battle points? Or separate?

2 people like this.
  4. Sapperman

Sapperman Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Looking forward to this again. Only thoughts are Wednesday!?! That's like throwing a keg party at 9 am......o_O

5. A Stoned Figure

A Stoned Figure Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Trillx
    A Stoned Tamer
    :)

IRC "Stoned"

6. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    This event makes me want to kill small creatures and yet...I love it.

7. Balen Embraced

Balen Embraced Active Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Ugh and im working 6 day weeks all this month. Eh who needs work? There's zombies that need killin!!

2 people like this.
  8. Razimus

Razimus Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Sounds cool, lookin forward to this! Reminds me of an event from another game, that game which shall not be named was pretty mediocre except for 1 zombie event they had involving a virus that spread, players complained so much, that even though the virus was directly interwoven into the storyline that the devs removed the virus event which was supposed to go on for a few more weeks, it was the funnest thing I ever did in that game, so really lookin forward to it.

9. Gore

Gore Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Best event in UO history.

10. Nanashi

Nanashi Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Is stealth skill available or hiding!?

11. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    @Adam you really need to change your name to Rick for this week so we can have Rick, Shane and Carl for the zombie event. (Would be great to see these as mobs in zombie land maybe even ran by corresponding dev. )
    Also Smith zombie event needs to kick off immediately after the premier of the next season of the walking dead. October 12th.

5 people like this.
  12. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    You will have to train it from 0.

13. Greed

Greed Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Gonna be fun ^^

14. Ghaldoun

Ghaldoun Member

Jan 25, 2014
    What so it can freeze up again no thanks ill stay logged out that day

15. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    k

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  16. Yagyu

Yagyu Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Lol I love all the replies bitching about doing it during week, or logging out for the day...good to see they didnt even read the post=)

17. EllEssDee

EllEssDee Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Well now I have to come back to dunk nerds

AMIRITE

2 people like this.
  18. Turner13

Turner13 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2013
    Sorry if it's posted somewhere but any idea what time it starts?

2 people like this.
  19. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    It has been rescripted in C#. I am hoping this improves the efficiency of the event. We'll see. I am going to try to get a big test going today.

20. Nigel Thornberry

Nigel Thornberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Will this be starting at midnight tonight or during the day sometime tomorrow?