1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Life Outside of UO (work, hobbies, etc.)

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by SidX, Mar 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SidX

SidX Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Sid
    Just curious what you all do for a living/hobby outside of UO. It's always nice to know a little more about everyone aside from just their UOF names!

I work in IT (specifically in information/data storage). My workday typically consists of me being locked in a cage, in a locked room inside of a datacenter, configuring systems that house massive amounts of data of all types (streaming video, databases, cloud storage, etc).

My only hobby in life is playing UOF.

Skye Wolfbane and Shorted like this.
  2. WRSampson

WRSampson Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2013
    I am an avid motorcyclist and used to be big into the outdoors. Been schooling and working in emergency medicine for the past couple years. Currently an EMT and heading back to the paramedic program in a couple of months. Hopefully I will be able to start my career as a firefighter in the next year/year and a half.

Skye Wolfbane, Shorted and SidX like this.
  3. Torrun

Torrun Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    I'm a Project Manager but have gone back to school. Just received my B.S. in Networking & Telecommunications and will be returning in the falls for Masters in Cyber Security. Oh yeah you have my dream job, tired of baby sitting I want to be locked in a closet with devices or watching for threats.

Outside school/work I grab some UO time, 4x4 in my Jeep, hike/fish and throw in some battlefield or a total war game.

Skye Wolfbane, Shorted and SidX like this.
  4. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I do Ultima Online Forever that is a full time passion job now for myself. As hobbies i goto the gym, player guitar/sing, do graphic/video design, work on my house and lately been trying to get into some other video games which i think will help root some new idea's for UO FOREVER's future. I also have an interest in investing etc if that is a hobby.

I spend time with my significant other, daughter, friends and family a lot. Try to do one good deed every day and am all about karma.

Great post here! Love reading the interests of others on UOFOREVER.

Shorted, SidX and Torrun like this.
  5. hiroshima

hiroshima Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Hello, I own a nightclub and a bar in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. My only hobbies are playing UOF and going to the gym actually.
    I also follow everything related to investments. I graduated from Finance in Miami three years ago.

6. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I'm a Commercial Account Manager at a bank...I do the banking for big businesses and law firms.
    I'm married with no kids and have a dog.
    I play volleyball and soccer as hobbies. Outside of UOF my other video game addiction is Fifa.
    I enjoy working with my hands doing reno's at friends' houses or at the family cottage.
    For the past 10+ months been avidly following and investing in weed stocks.
    I love scotch and the devil's lettuce to unwind after a long day. Big fan of craft beer too.

7. Shorted

Shorted Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Shorted
    Greetings!
    I am an Operations Analyst for a large financial institute I have been with for 10 years. Very boring but I have a great team which makes me love my job.
    Married with 2 young kids ages 5 & 10.
    I have only been playing UOF for about 50-60 days but I enjoy it for the most part so far. I played on Great Lakes in it's prime before trammel in the O^E guild.
    I enjoy being a Dad more than anything which is why I am only on at night when they go to bed.
    I enjoy watching sports, hanging with the wife and friends, and last but not least craft beer! I have had almost 2,000 different unique beers and I also own and run a 5,000 member FB page for craft beer in my state. Cheers!

Skye Wolfbane, lollo, Torrun and 2 others like this.
  8. baseball dad

baseball dad Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Job: Expert cryptocurrency trader and ultima online freeshard owner
    Hobbies: Men, riding the bus, croquet, collecting stamps, public bathrooms, decorating mother's basement and fat chicks
    Fav movie: The Notebook
    Fav food: SAUSAGE
    UO playstyle: Piece of sheeet

SidX likes this.
  9. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Pretty much outted myself already to like the world recently in my PC Gamer article but, I'm 50, a mother of three, grandmother to 5. I'm a journalist for a newspaper, covering mostly local government, crime and the school board. (support your local newspaper! #4thestate)
    Been on UOF since 5 days after launch. Gm of the guild Trin. I love them dearly.
    I started UO forever ago when my then-11 year old son started playing and convinced me to make a character. I'm still really bad at the game.
    I have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
    I live in Mississippi and I'm an Ole Miss Rebels football fan. Don't judge me.

EDITED: I also like to debate stuff on FB with that guy down there *points to Shortbus and waves*

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Phineas, Edwin Fox, SidX and 2 others like this.
  10. Shortbus

Shortbus Moderator Staff Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Shortbus, Krats, B.U.F.U., Jynx Maze, LongDuckDong, Kylvio Vertiro, Fran Lee, Jacob Scallywag, Kris Hansen, Hugh Jassdik, Chunker, John.Kimble
    I work in IT...everything from Hardware to Networking.

Married with 3 kids. I enjoy spending time with my kids, sports, going to the gym, music, reading, gaming (tabletop and UO is really all I get into anymore, except for some occasional D3, SC2 and Hearthstone).

I'm also a driveway mechanic and like tinkering, and used to be a DJ (money was good, but not the lifestyle for me now with kids).

Bromista, SidX, Shorted and 3 others like this.
  11. Jazzy Jay

Jazzy Jay Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Jazzy Jay
    Jazzy Jay Time
    I'm an aspiring Animal Patrol officer. I shall be taking your pets in-game, and irl.

SidX, Skye Wolfbane and Edwin Fox like this.
  12. Edwin Fox

Edwin Fox Active Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Edwin Fox
    I guess I'm a mix of sorts in real life... lol.

Languages and Literature professor, translator, writer (18th/19th-century-style sonnets), alchemist (distilling, making perfumes, deodorants, lotions, potions at a small lab I set up at home), tool-and-die merchant. Also, I develop History-Tactics-RPG boardgames.

I'm almost at my 700 skillcap =P

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Phineas, SidX, Skye Wolfbane and 2 others like this.
  13. MixEd LeTTeRs

MixEd LeTTeRs Member

Nov 30, 2017
    SiR BaRt
    I have been a police officer for 9+ years I recently had my second kid so I have chosen to take the next 2 years off and be a stay at home father.. I play UOF as my first main hobby. I also hunt, fish and go to the gym...

14. StegcO

StegcO Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    StegcO
    My work? PM/IT
    My hobbyes? drinking/smoking/receiving tickets for speed limit/teaching philosophy in d.iscord

But I dont give a fuck about that, my heart beat only for fishing.

[​IMG]

cups likes this.
  15. Psymon

Psymon Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm 37 YO. I work as an Assistant Superintendent for the 2nd Largest Transit agency in the US.
    I am happily married with 2 wonderful children. Most of my time is spent at Lacrosse, Football, Basketball games
    for my Sons, ages 12, and 4. I started playing UO in 1996 when my friend was invited to Beta test. He showed me the ropes and I've been playing on and off for what seems like forever. (UOForever) lol.

16. Poptart

Poptart Well-Known Member

May 17, 2013
    Hello, I'm an IT nerd. I run my own consulting business and travel the world supporting the troops. Been to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kuwait, Qatar, and now Germany. I enjoy offroading my ranger, drinking bud light, and streaming.

Single with no kids, thank god.

Tschüss

Lexington likes this.
  17. Double Tap

Double Tap Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    Double tap Mac drizzee MaCe
    Did the Marines 5 years two Combat Tours, Now I work as a Correctional Officer at Californias oldest Prison. Married with no kids.

18. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Outside of UO... Retired amateur body builder / enthusiast. Just turned 50 Sunday! I’ve been married 22 years with one grown child. I work in the automotive retail business for Toyota Canada. I still enjoy fitness, variety of sports and outdoors adventures. My back yard is the worlds best playground.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    WRSampson likes this.