Why I will never donate another dime to UOF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledz Epplin

Master
I'm sure this will probably be taken down, or the admins will close the comments, or that I will be flamed by the masses for QQing, that's fine, I feel I have a legitimate gripe and here's my beef. I was taught when you claim to do something, you do it. In life or in business. I live by that rule, and I run my own successful small business by that rule. Even when it has cost me, I still honor my word.

So... when someone says as a reward for spending x amount of your hard earned dollars to support the shard, you will receive x bonus, then at some point you expect they will follow through. Not here though.

I asked immediately after purchasing $500 worth of plat coins as I expected based on the verbiage, that was part of the purchase, but it's not, it is something you "will receive at a time that is whenever they decide is a good time". Now maybe to some people, that isn't anything and not worth complaining about, to me it is. I was told it takes time, Shane is a busy person etc... Ok, I get that.

I asked after a month. I was told the plat (tier bonus) is released slowly as to not over saturate the economy. Even though I could have purchased another $1000 worth of plat and received it instantly, Ok, I get that.

I asked after a few months, then 6 months, I was told the same thing and once even Shane said sure no problem, send me over your paypal info (again) and I'll get it sorted out, nothing again.

I even finally asked @halygon who politely said he would look in to it for me, then told me to pm Shane, again. So again, after a full year now, I asked and my messages aren't even looked at by Shane.

So this is how you are treated, the customer. I would have donated way more by now, simply because I enjoy the game and the shard. However, the powers that be here have no honor, they do not keep their word. It's just excuse after excuse.

So no, I will never give another dime to this shard, it's too bad really.

I'll go out with an old favorite of mine....

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” - W.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Something definitely that needs to be looked into. I think this is a fair post and you're not being hateful or anything so I doubt they'd take this thread down. They shouldn't, anyway. It should be addressed.

Also +1 for the amazing George Dubbya reference.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
If i had to guess - you @Ledz Epplin did not bump your PM as much as it should have been, regarding this tier reward.

I know a few people who have been able to get theirs..it takes time but he gets to it.....how many times did you bump your PM to @Shane ?

Shane has a lot of people who hit tier rewards, and he cant give them out instantly so it doesnt mess up the value of dono coins.. but he does give em out within time.. Just have to bump your PM to him every few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.