1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's to come...

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jun 16, 2018.

1. NickyScarfo

NickyScarfo Novice

Apr 2, 2017
    Burnshankx Nicky Scarfo
    Love this server, love whats been done here. Cant speak enough about how its managed , I expected the inflation of gold to sky rocket since I took a break , but you guys kept everything in check. Great to see how well this server is I will always play here as long as you guys keep doing what you all are doing, don't get me wrong I will have to take breaks from time to time some short , some maybe longer but as long its managed with love and care like it is now I will always be back. I need to donate soon, not even for the dono rewards which are awesome , but simply for the care and love this server taken care of. Thanks UOF Staff!

the stever, KoldesLives and ADabLDo like this.
  2. submarine

submarine Neophyte

Mar 8, 2013
    But being logged in on some arbitrary holiday is different?

ADabLDo likes this.
  3. Mordoc

Mordoc Master

Jun 25, 2014

bring back the conquest system

4. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    I agree with this - you can remove the time related ones from conquest, but if you base all the rewards on hitting achievements/goals in game, doesn't that cover people ACTUALLY playing? instead of just being logged in, or logging in for events only?

Conquests are a progression based system, they help set some goals that UO otherwise doesn't provide - I'm sure I speak for many when I say I'd love this..

ADabLDo and Kulle like this.
  5. Mordoc

Mordoc Master

Jun 25, 2014
    it actually gives you something to work for at any level so even new players can feel they have achieved something.

alot of people got screwed over because it was taken out while they was close to hitting a level of achievement for a title etc.

ADabLDo likes this.
  6. ADabLDo

ADabLDo Apprentice

Dec 31, 2017
    ADabLDo
    Or your at work and not logged in. I do not get rewards because I have a job to pay for these Donos?

Mordoc likes this.
  7. ADabLDo

ADabLDo Apprentice

Dec 31, 2017
    ADabLDo
    I have three jobs, Truly Colorado ADabLDO my website and my painting company. how do I even have time to ply? I dont have a chick lol

8. Projectstfu

Projectstfu Master

Jul 11, 2013
    It says new Meta pet on there. Is there any information on role it would fill, like replace spider/dragon or another style of mount or something.

Also how many billions of gold will it cost? If the spider is any indicator the new meta will be almost a billion gold. Spider was good in theory, but 200 scrolls per relic was insane. I know they were being tossed on the ground before but that is way to many for the economy to keep up with. Making spiders costs 130+ million gold is insane. Only the extremely wealthy in game or IRL can actually participate in content gated by a money wall that large.

Phrygian and ADabLDo like this.
  9. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014
    130m isnt that much for active players

there also alot with 2-3-4 spiders

10. Dulcinea

Dulcinea Grandmaster

Jun 5, 2015
    upload_2018-7-27_11-31-9.png

That was what Shane put up on http://discord.uoforever.com, so we will see. It sounds like it is all being a secret, for the reveal of a big surprise. Just a little longer to wait. :)

11. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Grandmaster

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    The age old argument on MMO's (who should have access to end game content), and the powergamers response. There's a very small percentage of the population that actually has spiders, those with spiders, can farm much faster than those without, so it's much more common for their 2nd & 3rd spiders to come along before many others get a spider.... But that doesn't mean they are easy to acquire... or that 130 m isn't that much gold, it's an extreme amount of gold.

While I don't agree that everything is hidden behind a paywall, nor that you should be able to get a spider in your first year of game play, I do understand the size of the mountain ahead of new players when looking at how efficient veterans can farm, versus a newer player.. It creates a gap between the two that is often insurmountable, as the veterans are always widening the gap with their efficient farming tools. Only the truly dedicated, who jump in bed with some of these veterans really stands a chance to catch up.. And I don't know that as a 20 year old casual game, that's the approach the shard should be taking.

I've already seen far too many tamers burn out before they achieve their goals, due to the in game gold requirements needed to achieve them..

Sephid, Phrygian, Sketeg and 3 others like this.
  12. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014
    spider dont allow you to farm faster.

lollo and baseball dad like this.
  13. Elizabeth Gold

Elizabeth Gold Grandmaster

Feb 12, 2016
    Elizabeth Gold, Skiff, Mackinaw, Rorqual
    a challange appeared, find me 20 active players who claim 130 m isn't that much.

14. Kyain

Kyain Master

Feb 20, 2018
    Kyain
    Cyain
    I still consider myself a new player as I've only been here about 4 months now.

130m is a lotta freakin money. I knew right off the bat that a spider was just not in my cards. I still trudged on and made a provo tamer as my first character, so that first month was just spent leveling taming, but in that short time period I have gotten up to a lvl 6 dragon with QS,BT and molten.

That said I'll always be behind the gold curve. I got lucky on having awesome in game friends for my steed, but that spider... that spider is still not on my table even where I'm at now. I can't even afford the outrageous price of a 120 taming much less the spider at this point lol (and that's even with prices coming down in the summer)

AreYouKidden and ADabLDo like this.
  15. baseball dad

baseball dad Master

Sep 10, 2016
    Farm smart, not hard.

Lord_Puffy likes this.
  16. lollo

lollo Grandmaster

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    You've been playing for 4 months and you have a lvl 6 dragon with the 3 best relics and a meta steed. That's a good 40+m right there.

WTF are you even complaining about? If anything this is proof that it's WAY TOO FUCKING EASY to make gold these days. I definitely didn't have all that shit after 4 months. At this pace you're probably gonna own a spider in a matter of 6 months

girana and drasked like this.
  17. lollo

lollo Grandmaster

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Also, this.

I just got one yesterday and for farming it's definitely slower than meta drag and steed combo. It's just more relaxing because you never have to heal it

18. girana

girana Grandmaster

Jul 9, 2014

u need to understand if it takes longer as 2h to catch up to players with 20k hours it is not balanced.

lol.

steve-o, lollo and Bobby123 like this.
  19. Bobby123

Bobby123 Grandmaster

Jun 20, 2014
    Bobby

Well said

20. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    Nothing girana has ever said has been well-executed, but every now and then a blind squirrel may manage to find a nut.

Spiders don't make for faster farming. They tank things other pets can't, and as such they make for brainless farming. They are a big bg help for high end holiday spawn, paragons, and bosses. Which, you know, being able to do those things well comes with it's own RNG-based immensely huge benefit lol.

But yeah even a broken clock is right a couple times a day GG, still clearly so wrong about the vast majority of the statements made. Claims of being a troll are just sad in 2028, the pattern has been established and the kid has a brain made of mush.