1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Hey everyone,
    Every once in awhile i do one of these posts. I try to get some general feedback on what players would like to see, or where they visualize Ultima Online Forever in the future. We've come a long ways, some people are here from years ago, and some have only been here for less than a few hours. However all of your input is important. In all honesty we've done very well and the stats show that. People generally seem very happy to be playing on Ultima Online Forever, and although not everyone agrees with everything we do here, i believe the majority of the player base and community now see that we do things for the greater good of the server and players.

Now, keeping positive and open minded, while trying not to state current conversations happening all over this community forum;
    What we are wondering is:

What would you like to see on Ultima Online Forever in the future & Why?

( Keep in on topic, positive, while keeping the entire community in mind. )
    *TIP: Try to suggest things that help everyone on the server, not just your play style or based on your own personal views. Please keep an open mind!

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    9 people like this.
  2. Jani

Jani Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    1. More faction pvp, especially when it isn't like 10 pm or later, so more pvping Europeans, Russians, Australians and Asians around. Also, more pvping Americans. New players and guilds, so more marketing I guess.

2. Booty island with mounts. I don't like running around mountless in 2015. In my opinion mounts should be allowed everywhere including all dungeons. Mountless areas are only good if you're looking for peace. If I'm looking for some action, do I wanna walk around some huge area mountless or go to some dungeon mountless? Not really. Allow mounts if you wanna make places like that active.

3. Skill balls as donation items. I don't see any reason why these shouldn't exists. People would pay rl money to use this shortcut. Creating new chars isn't that hard or 7x gm chars some great privilege. Let's not be so greedy. Just don't include gm or higher pvm / crafting skills and it's all fine.

4 people like this.
  3. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    i like to see the old boots recovered form a ship wreck back in the game do to what i remember for when i start UO back in 98 i know it small but it just a change in the program to do it

2 people like this.
  4. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    breathe life into mule skills like begging, spirit speak and cooking..

19 people like this.
  5. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    To the pirates and players, Red and Blue, of UOF. To all my fellow brothers of the sea all around.
    For many years pirates been sailing the seven seas, mate. Now we are a big part of UOF and we came from all around the world to play. I love to hold my rum bottle in the air and a give you all a big "Aye!"
    One problem is we have no rum bottle to allow me to give that the toast to you. So, Adam and Shane, we need your help. Savvy? We need our RUM. So, with a big "Aye!", can you give me and my brothers of the sea some rum so we can party? Savvy?
    As from Captain Jack Sparrow, I ask, "Why is the rum always gone?" Now you see the problem we are having. Too long I've been parched of thirst for rum and unable to quench it.
    Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died.
    I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face, nor the spray of the sea, mate. It's in the Pirates code that we must have a rum. I know there are guidelines, but we pirates of UOF
    must have are Rum. Savvy? So, for this I say to my fellow brothers of the sea give me a, "Aye Savvy!" for Adam and Shane to give us our rum bottles with the SOS on the
    monster. Now, if you like, we could have rum barrols for the rares in whirlpools.
    Yes, we need more Pirates items on the vender. Not all treasure is silver and gold to this
    fine game of UOF, mate. Now, I promise to commander one of these ships, pick up a crew in, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out.
    Now bring me that horizon! "And really bad eggs and rum." Drink up me'earties. Yo ho. Godsrage, Aye!"

15 people like this.
  6. Fattson

Fattson Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I would love to see carp and bowcrafting bods! Bods and rewards seem to be what keeps crafting alive around here, so maybe expansion on that would help the crafting community.

21 people like this.
  7. Kears

Kears Well-Known Member

May 7, 2014
    1) Tigger as a tamable, preferably as a 115 or 120 taming-only 2-slot specific mount.
    Stats/skills proposed to be similar to death beetle.

Proposed Tigger:
    800 hits 650 str 190 dex 550 int (transfer hits into str)

2) Varying stats for nightmare, nightridge, nightfrenzy, nightwolf and nightbear.
    Current max stats: 525 hits 525 str 105 dex 125 int

Proposed nightmare:
    525 hits 525 str 105 dex 125 int (unchanged)

Proposed nightridge:
    550 hits 525 str 105 dex 100 int

Proposed nightfrenzy:
    500 hits 525 str 130 dex 125 int

Proposed nightwolf:
    500 hits 525 str 120 dex 135 int

Proposed nightbear:
    525 hits 550 str 105 dex 100 int

In a nutshell, making more tamables in the future alongside the new contents. IMO exploring the world, conquering bosses etc with well-trained pets feels absolutely wonderful and this feeling can really last, like forever. With the increase of dungeon bosses, RDAs and booty island, my thoughts are that wonderful creatures should also come along with it, not forgetting to make their stats unique so that tamers can choose which to use and for what purpose. This will also allow a much more interesting and exciting situation with pk scenarios and boss fights.

Let's face it, with the current meta pet addition, tamers are working towards a goal more than ever and the meta pet with full relics ie. qs is the ultimate killing machine at the moment. Since we already have a "most powerful pet" benchmark, the world can freely add unique tamables without the need to surpass the benchmark making tamers OP or anything but simply allow tamers to have much more fun, choosing different pets' combo etc. In short, let's make the taming scene much more fun!

I may not articulate this vision well, probably someone who understand what i meant can explain further, lol.

4 people like this.
  8. krowneck

krowneck Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Nancy,mandily,meseri corda
    I would like to see a faction only zone where only same number of each faction can enter. So if there are there are three minax in the area, only three of each other faction would be allowed in, until a fourth entered and so forth. Anyone waiting to get in can que in line.

9 people like this.
  9. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    One thing I Iove about our big sandbox is the vastness of the open world. Britannia is huge and I simply enjoy running through the wilderness and seeing what's out there. Finding RDA's or a greatly worn house is always a pleasant surprise but I always hope to find something more. Think about those mini-adventures where you have an NPC in distress, a couple of lizardmen to fight, and a treasure chest reward. What if that idea was expanded upon?

I would absolutely love it if I found an awesome adventure while running through Britannia. What if you could run across a small mob with a named boss that spawned randomly? I envision a challenging mob but one that could be handled by a solo-player. The boss could have a small chance to drop certain rares or artifacts. Maybe the different types of mobs/bosses could tie into a quest.

There's a lot of different and exciting directions to take the idea. I just know as a player that I'd love to see some unexpected adventure while I'm out exploring.

24 people like this.
  10. StrawberryInYourFace

StrawberryInYourFace Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    I would like to see some love for archers. They have to stop to hit the target and trying to pvp with them are pretty difficult. Specially when your going up against a mage. They can heal between shots. Maybe make their hits a little faster or...ooo... You can make different types or arrows such as explosion, paralyze and poison arrows. I know this could be op, so maybe make the chances of succeeding 75%. And the other 25% just a regular shot.

16 people like this.
  11. lambofgodd141

lambofgodd141 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Bring back the koreans Aka KL . i miss them guys

Also Need to fix the Embark onto boats while holding chests, ( did idoc and group of 5 + where just embarking with huge chests ) very lame situation jumping 15-20tiles onto a boat with 30k chests , very stupid

10 people like this.
  12. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    range is only like 9 tiles last time i checked, same as boat plank

13. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

I dunno I just miss having NPCs with some backstory that talked. If there's one thing I miss most it's the town drunk.

add npcs that wear platemail and make robot noises. Needless to say you're going to have to use your imagination on this one.

4 people like this.
  14. Drakken Payne

Drakken Payne Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Lost Lands.

11 people like this.
  15. Hunter-

Hunter- Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2015
    need more NEW stuff
    magic weapon-katana with lighting etc.
    magic armor- give+skill( mage set,warrior set)
    default runuo stuff very bored
    i mean i am kill good pvp mage and what i can loot??leather armor worth 2k and 50 bottles :))?
    Much better when people spend gold in armor and weapons,not useless item

but i am understand - all this features very hard to get balanced(on shard with 700 skillcap)
    its just my dream :))

16. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    want more combat tournaments! Battles is a positive component of the game.

I propose to create - something fun and not difficult for new players,
    for example "wrestling for survival", it will give them the basics of combat, as well as prizes for further growth in the gaming world.

it is very important to have equal chances of winning \ randomly for both experienced and new players.

5 people like this.
  17. tonkLoD

tonkLoD Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2013
    koakuma
    Ferio Cerio
    a taiwanese boy
    3 new meta skins. they work just like how the current metas do with leveling and relics. just need to find the different starting drops instead of an egg. which can be something else.

they will be basically the same as the dragons. however with the difference of one being a spider, two an undead or last a balron.

spider : spider egg or web
    1. wolf spider
    2. trapdoor spider
    3. giant spider
    4. dread spider
    5. black widow
    6. mephitis
    7. navrey night-eyes

undead: skull or bone pile.
    1. skeleton
    2. zombie
    3. ghoul
    4. bone knight
    5. bone mage
    6. ancient liche
    7. primeval liche

balron : claw or wing.
    1.mongbat
    2. imp
    3. succubus
    4. gargoyle
    5. gargoyle destroyer
    6. demon
    7. balron

figured we needed another thing to destroy the market. =)

oh and my statue idea

http://uoforum.com/threads/statues.55893/

9 people like this.
  18. GreatLakesDad

GreatLakesDad Active Member

May 7, 2015
    6 people like this.
  19. Toguro-pac

Toguro-pac Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Implement T2A

Track and punish those using more than 3 accts for houses

Make some of the hardly used weapons more attractive (increase swing speed on 1 hand maces, etc).

7 people like this.
  20. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    totally agree! time difference - annoying, many of us grew up with 90's and became family men and don't have much time - wait when start next tournament or search for a decent PvP.

it would be great if i entered the game and in the near future i will to take part in the fighting tournaments, At least increase their number at the weekend - in accordance it will increase more good pvp videos on YouTube.

also ... If I'm a fan of factional battles. I don't want to see - a situation, where one faction totally dominated in all over the world, 90% of the players are moving into it - because it is more profitable and faster)
    and when I come to the aid, according to that point was attacked, there were no often cases 1 vs 6 =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.