anatomy - 100
arms lore - 100
tactics - 100
healing - 100
parry - 100
resist - 100

but i am picking up 720 skill cap soon.
not sure if i should drop parry and pick up 70-80 hide
dont think magery is really needed. some say 38-40 magery for magic reflect but with a maxed out talisman and relics, dont think reflect is much use or a big concern.
and is hiding really needed and is 40-50 parry worth having

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
What is your build?
mine currently is:

swords - 100
anatomy - 100
arms lore - 100
tactics - 100
healing - 100
parry - 100
resist - 100

but i am picking up 720 skill cap soon.
not sure if i should drop parry and pick up 70-80 hide
dont think magery is really needed. some say 38-40 magery for magic reflect but with a maxed out talisman and relics, dont think reflect is much use or a big concern.
and is hiding really needed and is 40-50 parry worth having

Those are some good points. 10-20 points in magery can also be useful. If you are fighting lethal poison mobs then being able to cast cure/arch cure from scrolls can be beneficial.

tankian

Grandmaster
Those are some good points. 10-20 points in magery can also be useful. If you are fighting lethal poison mobs then being able to cast cure/arch cure from scrolls can be beneficial.
and do you recommend using cure from scrolls or from book. also arch protection add 11 more to your armor rating i think. so how would you set your stats?
and would you drop parry all together and pick up hiding and rest into magery?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
and do you recommend using cure from scrolls or from book. also arch protection add 11 more to your armor rating i think. so how would you set your stats?
and would you drop parry all together and pick up hiding and rest into magery?

Right now I'm running the same build as you. I had hiding before the Arms Lore bullshit.

Its a tough choice parry/hiding. I choose parrying though. The trade offs are intense. Hiding allows you avoid ganks and escape mobs. On a dexer hiding will save you more than magery. Parrying allows me to wear phoenix armor and a hardening invul shield and fight any champ or most mobs. Its a big trade off but I would rather be lazy and not have to worry about changing six pieces of armor and repairing it later each time I finish a champ or dungeon run.

Honestly, its a shame that we must choose between parrying/hiding. I think the Arms Lore benefit should have been included in the meta talisman rather than requiring that we kill off a skill slot.

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
I have a maxxed out defense meta as well. I prefer the utility of magery over hide/parry. 90/100/35 stats. I use the phoenix armor and equip a heater shield even w/o parrying. Definitely take a little more damage w/o the parry but it is manageable... at least for how I use my char. Also w/o parry the heater shield doesn't get beat up as quickly.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I agree with @Enthalpic, I also preferred to have some magery over parrying/hiding. With a couple of pieces of slayer armour, a swampy and level 7+ defence talisman, you already have a lot of damage mitigation. My preferred points template was:

100 weap/arms/anat/heal/resist/tacts
70 magery
50 parrying

Enthalpic

Grandmaster
If you intend to use your char in group pvm play... the utility of magery trumps parry/hide imo. If you do your 720 skill cap and go with like 85 magery/35 med you can help out a group a lot more than parry/hide will. Throw up a para field on a bunch of aggro, a quick greater heal or cure on a friendly, nox fields at champ spawns for extra damage... and more.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I am foregoing the armslore bonus for alchy. I want to be able to PvP more so here is my build that is only in transition. My actual skills arent whats listed but what i plan to get to eventually. I may still tweak which ones i have in the 90s to keep some functional magery. This is with a 720 cap.

100swords
100tact
95anat
100 resist
100LJ
95 heal
90alchy
40 magery