1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We want your feedback....

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corpor

Corpor New Member

Jun 29, 2015
    No, that has always been a part of UO and even happened on OSI quite regularly. I have very vivid memories playing on Europa while [FATE] pretty much ruled the shard for months if not years.

Nethertheless, speeking of being a part of UO. I do not actively play on UOF, therefore I might not be entitled to post in this thread. But you shouldn't simply dismiss the idea of putting Delucia into the game! The Lost Lands were always part of UO (well at least since 98) and playing on a shard that doesn't feature T2A simply doesn't feel right! I do unterstand the concerns of thinning the population out, but let's be honest: The majority of players used the Lost Lands simply for banking in Delucia (and perhaps using the fine hunting grounds outside the city to train taming). Hardly anyone really ventured further. But: on a shard with a very limited number of champ spawns (and these spawns being pretty much dominated by single guild), it would make sense to open the T2A-spawns as wells. Might give this guild more trouble to ghost cam all the spawns and it may give people an incentive to do spawns again (with a reasonable chance to get to the end). And if anyone remembers Terra Sanctum champ spawn: I nearly shit my pants while doing a spawn there and suddenly seeing several ships full of Reds entering the screen.

And btw: I've played for years on Defiance. And among other great memories I still remember the pvp in Delucia. Great fights!

Personally, the abscence of T2A and Delucia was the main reason I joined another shard.

2. tomakmobile

tomakmobile Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Natus Cainum
    Zombie Chicken
    I dont like pre-cast, but UOF if biggest shard for this time.
    I like this shard, huge community and a lot of action.

Maybe some ideas:
    What about add mana potion? Like 30 sec timer and + mana gain like Greater Heal?
    What about add tracking power scroll for longer tracking distance?
    Now we can track maximum of 12 target. Add other pages to tracking GUMP.

Please, add reward for tournaments. Actualy participates in very few players. Like 10-20k reward for participant depending on the ladder can attact more players to events like CTF, 7x etc..

4 people like this.
  3. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Agree with all of these... sounds cool. The more number of different types of powerscrolls out there, the better the economy(see 120 scribe).

4. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013

Makes me wonder why there's never been an intelligence potion in UO... considering we have strength and dexterity.

5. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    @parsnip has made some very good points here that I'm not seeing addressed by anyone else, but I want to focus on the spider food powerscroll/event drop suggestion:

Spider relics successfully gave value to low-end powerscrolls but we are getting to the point where 105's and 110's are the same price. I think it's a great idea to open up other avenues, and the suggestion of cocoons to feed spiders is a great one.

Look, it's no secret that events and event rewards are done very lazily here. It's a fact. Minor invasions are copy/paste and have traditionally not been rewarding in the slightest. The major holiday invasions have addressed this with crystal fragments which were a great idea...but there are also some really lame and uninspired drops added to the mix. Orange webs/cocoons/blood waterfalls for halloween, now green webs/cocoons/blood waterfalls for st patricks day? Oh boy! The community lets out a collective sigh.

It would be nice if these crap drops had a little bit more purpose.

And if that's a no-go, can we get some more inspired/better drops for events? Because seriously.

6. Bretylium

Bretylium Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Been playing production since 1997. I actually came to the shard to play with EQMS. Glutts has a very good reputation in very large forums. Glutt has interested and recruited more people to this server than you realize. EQMS has a very good support system for new players to the shard. Production I have more experience and inner knowledge than most. I will just leave that here.

PvP needs a way to make money. On Production they control resources like champ spawns. You need to be able to make money as a PvPer. Your PvPers actually promote your shard. If you take a look at the successful shards, it is the PvPers that promote it. They form large groups for mutual support and spend money ( gold and real life ) to make sure they have the support.

Support of large guilds. I have noticed there are favorites and hated. Some " Large" guilds get special support. I think that needs to be based on your current activity level. You have to treat everyone the same.

Give some type of dismount. This actually makes it fun. Chasing a group of people that are very fast all over the server is NOT FUN AT ALL. They know they are faster than you. This actually makes it so that your losing people.

7. GluttonySDS

May 2, 2013
    Well put -- love EQMS or hate them, we do our best to make sure UOF stays the #1 shard in terms of population. We realize that if UOF dies, UO dies and our addiction goes unfulfilled.

My god yes... the fact that you can run forever in PVP is ridiculous -- I get that people say "well I dont wanna die 10v3" or whatever but no one is talking about adding these anti-runforever mechanics to all players, just factions. Factions are a system designed for endgame, large group PVP -- if you are crying about dying 9v2 in factions, go make 4 friends and you can easily win a 9v6.

2 people like this.
  8. drasked

drasked Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Add custom PVP content. *cough*kingdoms*couch*

9. Kantalope

Kantalope Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I don't think they were referring to the actual animal lore scroll, but rather the bonus for 100% control of pets (I think it's a sigil bonus? It's still active). It's pretty silly that you get 120/120 taming and lore, your pet evolves, and you have ~60% control until you earn like 16M more exp. I think getting to 120/120 is enough of a feat and cost that you shouldn't have to be concerned about controlling your pet.

4 people like this.
  10. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    NO. The sigil bonuses are no longer active. You do not get any more control being in a faction than any other non-factioner.

2 people like this.
  11. Bring tax

Bring tax Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2015
    I would like to see cooking skill be useful, perhaps fish and farm items from certain mobs to cook food to make multiple different temporary maybe 30 min buffs both for pvm or pvp and even for growing plants or pets etc etc I think would just add a little something extra to the game. besides that you guys to a great job. oh just to add about events that's go on, could you maybe start them a day earlier for people like me outside the US, in Australia a lot of events don't start till Saturday evening and finish on a Monday night so I only normally get 1 day during certain events :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2017
  12. GluttonySDS

May 2, 2013
    • EQMS purple hued items on donation vendor
    • TRIN light purple hued items on donation vendor

6 people like this.
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2016
    A Koala
    Fix the whiffs with PVM!

2 people like this.
  14. Spyte

Spyte Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Heya, just a little 2 cents today. I'd like to see more stone crafting items available. Granite is difficult to mine and some cool house deco items would make it more profitable. Plus, it looks cool. ;-)

8 people like this.
  15. Kantalope

Kantalope Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Regardless of how they are supposed to be working, I've heard this faction bonus is still active. I don't have a tamer with control issues, so I can't confirm, but maybe a check on this would be warranted.

16. Lord Madruk

Lord Madruk Active Member

Oct 7, 2014
    I'm a three year vet, in the end game content with a tamer and two meta dexors, one zerker and other def. Its going slow but i've been going about it the way i think it was ment to be, Zerker is lvl 8 with phase shift, doing awesome damage with slayers and with my tamer i'm stuck at a lvl 6 and a gold relic. Been slowing getting the gold to choose either a QS relic or 120 taming.... or a double strike. I have yet to spend any real money and have enjoyed all the benifits that the ones that do. The game content has been great and challenging so far! Love reading the forums and http://discord.uoforever.com, and able to play through my phones hot spot. I have read all the other pages and came up with my little list.

I love Del, and would love to tame and repopulate the cow herds, but its just nostalgia. Don't need it, so much other content!
    if you were to have ridable cows/bulls, then needs to have a nightbull....
    Bone armor dye tubs, craftable deamon bone armor from deamon bones
    Bone armor vendor to sell to,
    Slayer runics and runic armor for BS's
    Throw id wands back into the mix for Mobs instead of just chests
    Dragon Bone Armor !! soul forge required and 120 smith and tailor
    Meta pet armor !
    Fire beatle, Tameable fire steed
    Bag of sending, love the idea of the virtue system again!!
    Thieves are out of control, dont do events cuz that is all that is there, blue thieves should be able to be attacked on sight in towns.
    What about Paragon Molochs, golems, and tenticles of exodus and some some of the other spawn in Khaldun
    Meta Golem ?! and remove the damage recieved from golem taking damage
    Feed metas other tamed pets to aquire unique perks ex 100 ice worms to gain ice/frost breath

5 people like this.
  17. Sparty

Sparty Member

Jun 19, 2013
    I don't think it would affect the mall real estate prices much at all. You still have to go to the vendor to buy, if they aren't overtly price gouging people will still go there because they can find several things in the same place, can be more easily accessed, or shop from guardzone in some cases. The gump would just tell you where said vendor is and the price points. Vendor malls will still have a convenience aspect that people will pay a premium for and, depending on location, a safety aspect that people will also pay a premium for.

18. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    Aren't these hues already available via dye tub?

2 people like this.
  19. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Great suggestions thus far. We will be closing this in another day or so.
    After we close it we will be evaluating it closely while also keeping in mind what we've seen in pages, on http://discord.uoforever.com in the suggestions threads/forum and all that.

This is all about letting players have a voice. Over all i think most players are really happy here it seems, however they would like the staff to stick to their guns more on content creation. There's reasons why things were not implemented or put off for sure, but that's for a whole new thread.

I'm really happy with the responses here and not only were the majority of them mature and reasonable, they were backed up by certain experiences that player or players have had to get to those conclusions. That's what we want and respect.

Again, thank you guys.

6 people like this.
  20. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Make Bomberman mean something!
    Bomberman is awesome. I would bet 80 percent of the shard doesn't even know it exists. But once they do, they have a blast. But it's 1k gp to play. And you never play just one game. I get it's a gold sink, but maybe you could either make it free, because, honestly, not much gold is being sunk since people don't play, or maybe a way to make it more like a CTF. I don't know but it's a great little feature that gets no love.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.