1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We want your feedback....

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

It's that time again!
    We have made posts like this in our previous history to see what the general census of players are looking for or any/all feedback they may have. This is your chance to give us some insight on what you would like to not only see added to Ultima Online Forever but also improved on. We all know that no matter where we are with UOForever we are never finished. This is a project that has been on going for over FOUR years now and will be on going for over another four years to come.

So please reply here if you:
    • Have constructive criticism.
    • Have feedback on how we handle players.​
    • Would like to see certain systems, items or creatures in the future.​
    • Have feedback on events we have done.​
    • Have issues on how donations are handled.​

This is not a forum in which you may just complain about your personal play style. Please keep in mind there are a ton of people that play Ultima Online Forever, each one with a different play style. Your play style is unique to yourself, but also understood as that by the staff here. It is our job to filter out complaints, or criticism based on your own play style. Please only reply here if it is an idea or is feedback based on the betterment of Ultima Online Forever AS A WHOLE.

We are a community, and requests and feedback should be shown as such.
    Put your selfish requests and hate for others aside and understand we are all on the same team.
    We look forward to hearing from many of you.

NOTE: If you have positive feedback/comments we love hearing that too! I know a lot of you comment me personally (Shane) with some nice comments and i always forward it to the staff here. So if you think something we have done is great then please note that as well!

EDIT: If i "Like" your post, that means i have written down for the entire staff to look at and talk about in our next meeting.

Regards,
    Shane & Adam

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017
    ztatic, PekatronIII, Alucard and 2 others like this.
  2. James Franco

James Franco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Capture the Flag
    I think a meta hue thats see through like a normal ethereal would be great. The shadow hue as a dye on the donation vendor.

3 people like this.
  3. Pesmergas

Pesmergas Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    I feel like the Meta Stones pricing is a bit off. It's an item that allows you to see experience and apply already very expensive relics. I think the price should be at least half of what it is on the gold sink and dono vendor. Like maybe 1M on the gold sink and 5k dono on the dono vendor. This is just me, I think others may agree though.

The pricing of all the items to make a successful Meta Dragon is already very daunting and definitely turns players away from even attempting it and making the essential item to make a meta dragon even useful is already very expensive.

Oh and I am pretty new this server, about 3 months now and have been loving it very much. Good job! Been playing off and on for 18 years. Keep up the good work!

4. DarkenRahl22

DarkenRahl22 Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Fair Lord Crash
    MR Spear
    Gold Coin
    Awesome, this is a great thread. I've been playing UOF for 197 days now, according to the profile scroll on my smith. I started playing UO when Third Dawn was released. I was a kid back then (played until after AoS was released, and maybe another expansion after that), and was feeling nostalgic when I downloaded UOF. I wasn't disappointed :)

I'm loving it and don't plan on quitting. You're doing a huge service to guys like myself by running this server.

I like the talismans and the meta pets, the RDAs and the champ spawns. I haven't done any WPs and not sure if I will in the future. TMaps are fun too.

My criticism lies mostly within the fact that tamers are the winners (I know you get this a lot, sorry but its true). I think that a way to better suit the dexxers of the world would be to add dexxer power scrolls. For the melee skills, anat, tactics, etc. I was really disappointed when I figured out that these PS weren't implemented on the server. Since I figured that out, I rarely play my dexxer (lv4 resilience talisman) and have been grinding for taming gains on my alt. Because I've noticed meta pets are THE meta.

For now, that's all I can think of. Powerscrolls.

4 people like this.
  5. James Franco

James Franco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Capture the Flag
    I completely agree. When I get my first meta I'm not getting a stone because its too pricy.

6. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    First off thanks for adding how long you've been playing, it really helps in seeing where you're at with your request.

Meta pets with meta stones, relics etc are all meant to be end game content. I know everyone wants to rush into this stuff but there's a reason why its costly and hard to get into. There's many people who have played UOForever since 2013 and meta pets were originated for THOSE people. 3 months into it is great, i'm sure you're doing fine and are getting along great, however you need to understand that simply handing things over for cheap prices isn't ideal for the server as a whole. By making things like the meta stones more pricey, it ensures people who really are driven to get their meta pet are putting in the time to gain wealth to purchase these things and in return they appreciate them that much more. Having gold sinks like meta stones are great for the server... It keeps people in dungeons, holds the value up for gold, and gives pkers a reason to venture out to look for people doing these things and in return creates pvp on a flip side.

The beauty about Ultima Online is everything is literally a chain... and multiple other chains can be linked to the original chain, in which are basically just "paths". Everyone takes a path and has to stick to it. So if you want to take the path of a tamer with a powerful meta pet, you have to really dedicate yourself to gaining that as it should be. It literally holds you to the path you've chosen.... You can't just go one day "Oh a tamer is too hard, a meta ball is too expensive" and just give up when you're 75% there. That's what it's about... Paths and direction.

I won't be able to reply in detail to everyone like this, but i will try and i hope this sheds some light on it.
    Everyone needs to keep in mind that stuff that has been in our server and WORKING for years is obviously there and unchanged for a reason. We look at facts, we look at code, we look at logs, we see what people are doing and we DO read complaints, issues, bugs, etc. With meta stones i don't think we are wrong at all on that. They are exactly where they need to be:
    [​IMG]

Also don't forget how much gold a full on maxed meta pet with maxed relics can make...
    You'd recoup this money in no time. It's an investment

11 people like this.
  7. Francis York

Francis York Member

May 7, 2013
    It would be nice there was a risk/reward element that corresponded with guild and alliance size. 'eq ms' is the largest guild at 1,315 members, which is larger than the 4th (The Sosarian Empire - 376), 5th (The Italian Job - 372), and 6th (The City of Trinsic - 356) largest guild combined (1,104). Assuming 'eq ms' and 'eqmseqmseqms' are actually the same guild, their total membership would total 2,191, which surpasses the 3rd (Doin' Work - 685), 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th (Sosoria Brotherhood - 323) largest guild combined.

I would definitely consider this to be the primary balance issue on the server, for eqms can dominate everything end game without much effort and easily reap all of the rewards associated with them with minimal competition. One could argue that this offers players an experience that is similar to Trammel - an abundance of reward with essentially minimal risk. (Although I must admit - eqms vendors offer the cheapest goods by far due to this.)

4 people like this.
  8. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Its a great shard and i love everything about it basically. I have been here for almost 4 years and I brought a lot of my friends here. It is very fun and entertaining. It's also way better then my previous shard. This is because UOF creates new content, has a balanced economy and creates new systems. In addition - staff is very active and the playerbase has grown a lot. The only CON - certain players ruin UOF for others. Example - Donny Darko. Why he is still allowed to play here is beyond me. Enough said.

9. Kogane

Kogane Member

Jun 22, 2013
    We would love to see the BOD system extended to other crafting skills, like OSI UO has now. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/

We would love to see plants have a bigger role in PvM & PvP or any way to make them profitable. At the very least, lower the cool down timer on Green Thorns from 5 minutes to around 2 minutes. Maybe incorporate the plant quests and have more highly sought after colors/new types of plants; these could be drops from monsters or completed through plant breeding.

Please make bones and bone armor crafting easier; I shouldn't have a 55% chance to make an exceptional bone chest at 120 tailoring and it shouldn't take me 4 hours to harvest 900 bones. Any number of ways to solve this would be to be able to 'cut-up' bone armor into bones or make more mobs drop bones or make them purchasable from NPC vendors.

2 people like this.
  10. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Remove the cool down on talismans when you die... keep it for changing / equipping a different one.
    Make Meta and Pet Statloss temporary similar to factions
    Implement real consequences for playing red
    Make RDA’s spawn randomly when you kill mobs in dungeons
    Make stealing harder to counter script stealing.
    Move the safe trading area back to the docs to create some life there.
    Have staff randomly possess mobs and attack towns.
    Incentivize factions to PVP instead of PVM
    Change veteran rewards to account age not AFK time.

Love the game… You, Adam and the staff have done a great job so far… keep it going.

6 people like this.
  11. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Yeah i knew this was going to come up.

Before this entire thread gets turned into an imbalance of guilds situation i want to tell everyone we are working on a solution and it IS NOT EASY.
    We are open to suggestions but i don't want this turning into something focused on that alone cause honestly it deserves its own topic of discussion in my honest opinion. There's no doubt EQMS is the largest guild on the server, and dominates as such. I talk to all major guilds regularly and honestly EQMS isn't bad at all, they are just using mechanics to their benefit. Unfortunately not many other guilds have opened up recruiting on a massive scale while being incredibly active for months or years on end.

We are looking at what we can do with this, and it will most likely come into the scene when militia's are introduced with the town kingdom addition.

2 people like this.
  12. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    That's mostly just statistical numbers, im in eqms and most of the day we are outnumbered by $ower alliance , and when we arent they work with other guilds such as the korean $ guild and also werkt.

6 people like this.
  13. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Agreed,
    The only reason we haven't added onto the BOD system is simply for accountability and abuse issues.
    This is Free to play unlike OSI/broadsword.
    There's no point in giving better BOD rewards if everyone can just VPN accounts and bot BOD tickets.
    *IMPORTANT:
    Adam has been working for about a month or two now on a new system. We will be moving our entire forums to a new server/host format in which we will be forcing EVERYONE to connect their forum accounts to their in game accounts and in addition their email accounts. This creates total accountability on a free to play game. With that accountability we can honestly give out much better rewards for things like BOD's and Veteran cycles etc. This is something we've wanted since we started UOF.

With plants i can't see it being a huge part of PvP. Item based PvP is something that can really get out of hand , extremely quickly. It really furthers the gap with those who have from those who do not. That is something we don't want here.

The chances at bone and everything have always been set as such... We've never had many issues or complaints about it honestly and it's obviously worked for us thus far!

9 people like this.
  14. ProdigyOsi

ProdigyOsi Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Calsifer [Werkt] - Guild Leader
    I would never miss a chance to advocate fire breath for steeds. The stats are slightly superior, on average, to a mare at max level (and a good deal less than a white wyrm) but your only damage relic is bloody and without fire breath, it is only trying to make up the missing damage. For the money and the work that it takes, it should have both in my opinion.

19 people like this.
  15. NC-17

NC-17 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Add delucia and make it a pvp zone like no cut
    give delucia the use of bolas (only del not server wide)
    Trump off everything around Delucia

Make it accessible to factions and reds
    you dont have to add spawn...
    You dont have to worry about anyone exploiting anything beyond del..

Add something worth figting for there (Like a new point of w/e)

If you do this you will get to see how bolas will affect your server
    Without it affecting everyone in your server...

Del is already there.. you guys could open it up tommrow if you wanted to

Other then that i don't really have anything else to complain about

EDIT:

allow archery to be used with explo pots without having to disarm rearm in between pots

Archery has no passive ability (parablow,crushing,conc) Its really nerfed in terms of pvp..

If i can sling a exceptional war hammer and hit someone for 45 with a crushing and throw pots
    I should be able to shoot a bow and throw a pot..

that's all from me

13 people like this.
  16. Josef

Josef Member

Mar 12, 2016
    A 2 team ctf arena would be nice or maybe more pvp events like team deathmatch would be nice

6 people like this.
  17. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    1. what happened to event rewards, doing events were so fun and getting points, i suck at pvp and i even entered the 1v1 and 7x tourneys back then, and it seemed like we had a ton more people doing ctfs ect, even if the rewards were nothing too great i really liked battle points.

2. we have certain people who dedicate their time in trying to ruin the time for other people, players like me play a lot so it doesnt affect me so much, but im seeing people that work and have a couple hours a day log on and want to do champs, but there is never no champs up for them, because certain people will pop them and let them despawn just to try and ruin fun for other people, all im asking is if a champ despawns why cant it become available again instantly instead of the same cooldown as if the spawn was completed.

3. we have great sinks for gold and u guys are continueing to add more stuff + raffles are great!
    we have sinks for powerscrolls that have worked wonders now.
    just a thought, what about statues? i feel like most statues that are normal color are completely worthless and most the time not even worth picking up, maybe like just put in an npc that you give 10 statues to and he will give you 1 statue back, with a chance of it being any color fallon, pw, blaze, or normal again of course.
    kinda like a gamble just to clear some more items off the server and possibly get something nice worth keeping.

4. arch demon drops a crazy amount of dexer and mage relics, and this is because its practically the only way to get dexer and mage relics in the game, I was thinking maybe adding some more dungeon altars with dungeon bosses and evening out the way to get relics just a bit more, lowering arch demon drop rates and highering the drop rates on dungeon altars for turning in crystals slightly. I have turned in on a crapload of turn ins in the 6 months i been back and i think i have only seen 1 or 2 people get a relic from dungeon altar crystal turn ins.
    the amount of relics i have seen from arch demon are more than i can bother to count.

5. Take booger cloth out as a reward from doing whirlpools! you can get this color cloth from using a normal dye tub!

4 people like this.
  18. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

Delucia is useless wasteland and i think the only reason anyone would ask for this is for the nostalgia that uoforever once had for it. There's no point in adding it when you have our entire world currently to fight in, honestly there's ZERO point to it. If we added a place just for pvpers to congregate based off of historic nostalgia of a previous server we might as well add a trammel based dungeon/facet as well which we won't.

Bola's will never be implemented to Ultima Online Forever. I always loved wands on previous servers, and i think they do have a place in PVP, however bola's simply enable ganks, pvp tamers etc ten-fold. I honestly can't be more strong viewed on these topics and i have countless reasons for this as i've played every server HEAVILY that had these things in-game. IF you wish to discuss your topic further you're welcome to pm me on http://discord.uoforever.com. However i will never spread out the player and pvp player base to appease some nostalgic value of a few. I think that's fair. Again this would be tagged up under making personal viewed /self requests instead of thinking of the entire server as a whole.

As for the archery thing it's something jamie has been talking about but it's something that would need a TON of testing first.

5 people like this.
  19. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

1: We stopped event rewards mostly because we think events should be reward enough.
    It comes down to a FEW Events and major rewards, or many events and few rewards. We honestly think more/many events and few rewards are the way to go. We can't constantly reward players for doing every single thing in game or just playing a unique experience... It doesn't make sense that way.

2: You just explained why OSI ever introduced Trammel.
    This is exactly why, people who work a lot, spend money on the game/donate log in and just want to have fun to have it ruined by raiders etc. We all know trammel wasn't the answer to this, and it's tough to give an answer. People want to log in and have fun, but also don't want it to be pay to win. People want to have risk with their rewards, but also want WAY MORE rewards over little risk. People don't want to join a guild or play with more than three people but then complain when they get raided by 5-10 people. This is prime example of how ultima online forever DOES NOT cater to donators. It's seen and felt every single day in game by a lot of people, and this is 100% proof of that. People need to join up and team up, this is a MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) Game. When people have issues with this or complain about this, all i see is that we have soo many people here that no one is able to have their privacy and play the game as if it was a single player. Playing a MMORPG means dealing with the good and the bad.

6 people like this.
  20. NC-17

NC-17 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Lets be totaly honest here
    uoforever is dead
    You have the population
    And del has always been a hot spot for pvp way before uoforever

As of right now it sits on your server taking up space
    its terrain is whats valued by pvpers
    it has alot of things that make it a pvp dream land
    if anything uoforever ruined it with ponds...

Even if you dont add bolas
    I would ask to at least test and open del to the public for a trail run

People will still fight everywhere that we are fighting now..

opening this you lose nothing
    you gain alot more then what you lose.
    theres still alot of pvpers over yonder playing with tumbleweeds
    Save them

Its not a useless wasteland...
    it probably has the best pvp terrain in the game...
    just a fyi

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.