1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtue & Valor SUCCESS, EVENTS, & MORE!

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Corrupt? I can tell you that every staff member above seer either has an Irl job or goes to school full time and then works on the shard. No one has time to play. I did not attack your opinion. I was making a general observation about your poor demeanor and how you appear to be an overly negative person. Based on these observations, I felt the community would overall be a better place of you were not a part of it.

While I won't ban you for attacking me, another staff member may. Demeaning staff is pretty frowned upon here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    Shane and I both pvpd during t2a and uor osi. Shane was a top pvper as well and has pvpd on pretty much every free shard.

3. malekith

malekith Adept

Jan 17, 2014
    Couple things I'll throw out there:

IPY launches 1/31

This new expansion is basically a replica of the IPY server but will be implemented as a new facet on UO:F and will launch in 3-4 months.

When this launches you aren't going to capture 90% of IPYs player base as intended. Many of those guys have been waiting a year or more to be back on IPY and will be established there by March/April.

I have zero intention of playing IPY and could make the new T2A rule set char here in less than a day of macroing, but the UO:F player base is not the player base that will take advantage of the new facet.

This is what Paladine is referring to in his comments above. You won't be adding new players because they'll already be on a pvp oriented server and those on UO:F that DO use the new facet will be players no longer on the UO:R rule set facet.

It's been made clear that UO:F caters to the casual gamer and not those who pvp with 90% of their play time. If you guys want to increase pvp here it needs to be done within the existing rule set and facet.

This server has great developer/marketing talent but can be lacking in player interaction.

4. gofer

gofer Grandmaster

Dec 31, 2013
    Just to get something straight in my mind please.

Can you recall from the current facet (Felucca) into say...Delucia and the system will change the ruleset on you? For example, if you are riding a mare it will knock you off. Or another example, will running through the Britain Sewers or Delucia Passage on the current facet (Felucca) get me to the new facet? Will the moongates function similar to the past where there was an option to go from Felucca to Trammel, but instead Felucca (UO:R) to the two new facets?

Are any thoughts being given to adding maps like the Lost Lands or Ilshenar to the current UO:R facet?

Thanks!

5. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    UO:F tries to think in the long-term. What have we learned about IPY and the long-term? No one was suggesting Paladine had an invalid point. My issue with him was his overall attitude. After making this statement, he then went on to demean me with some arbitrary belief he had.

Regardless, my general goal while working on the server will be in increasing the quality of life for pvpers. This includes the pvp we currently have.

6. malekith

malekith Adept

Jan 17, 2014
    It doesn't matter what we all know about IPY and its owners problems keeping a serve afloat. What matters is the 1k players that can't wait for them to go live in two weeks.

My personal opinion is that T2A pvp sucks. Every single player will be running a hally mage with harm mapped to 10 hot keys.

While I think the town capture etc is a step in the right direction it's just not going to sway the IPY player base to come to UOF and it's certainly not going to convince the 90% tram base of this server to start pvp'ing.

I don't claim to have all the answers or solutions to increase pvp here but when most of this server is concerned with new BOD cloth, whether or not they received the event handout, or whether you can implement a safe zone around champ spawns, I think it's an uphill battle.

7. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    I'd like to reiterate, my general goal while working on the server will be in increasing the quality of life for pvpers. This includes the pvp we currently have.

2 people like this.
  8. Fenix

Fenix Journeyman

Dec 9, 2013
    Maybe you don't have all the answers, but it seems like you have plenty...
    I think this idea is pretty clever tbh...and definitely is cool enough to pique my interest when i was on the way out.. You really think I'm the only one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Gore

Gore Adept

Jan 25, 2013

Everyone of those "pvpers" playing IPY are terrible. The competition there is trash. The addition of T2A WILL bring a good group of the die hard T2A players over here. You know why? Population and competition. Granted the pvpers here aren't that great either, but they are better than anything IPY has to offer. Az's server will last 6-8 months.... Have fun with that!

10. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    I am open to any and all ideas. If you have an idea for PvP, feel free to message me on the forums or in mIRC. I am being serious when I state that my goal is to make this the place to PvP.

2 people like this.
  11. kurtis

kurtis Grandmaster

Oct 2, 2013
    I'll ignore the negative, pessimistic morons who de-railed this thread, and just say...YES. This is awesome. Thank you.

You mentioned town sieges. I don't know if you ever played a game called Shadowbane, but the entire premise of the game was built around town sieges. The game was released too early, and had lots of bugs, so it never took off, but trust me when I say that the PvP mechanics were amazing. My old guild (who went by Lords of Death) even backtracked into that game on some kind of freeshard long after the game died because it was just so damn fun. If you need some fun ideas for town sieges, that is game worth researching.

12. Warrior of Lice

Warrior of Lice Master

Jul 12, 2013
    Nice. T2A is where I'll spend my time.

13. Dwyane Wade

Dwyane Wade Grandmaster

Feb 12, 2013
    I'm personally not a fan of the t2a pvp ruleset, as I came from uo:sa, but I can see how it would appeal to others and bring more people to the server. Do ya thang :)

14. Coorhagen

Coorhagen Grandmaster

Apr 13, 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry.....maybe I over reacted...

I don't like the pvp stuff because.........because of the way so many of the UO PvPers act. Imagine how much more spammed the forums would be with sh!t talking if there was an influx of new pvpers who came simply to pvp in the T2A lands.
    We already get enough of that as is but there would be so much more.

I think T2A should be unlocked but with new features, I think houses should be place able there as most of the land has always been useless (Designer Dragon said they made it in only 3 months).

The player controlled towns there seem like a good addition to T2A but I think it would be fine with the current UOR pvp.

Maybe there could be places where players could take the form of monsters and try to pk PvMers. Or maybe a battleground where players could choose to be either Terathan or Ophidian and fight it out.

15. Gareth

Gareth Apprentice

Jul 26, 2013
    Hey Shane,

One of the things I would like to see is actual new art. With player run servers we typically get introduced to more EA art that came out in subsequent expansions (and this is generally not great art). I would love to see a player run shard take the next big step and start introducing new monster art, wearables, spells and weapon art/upgrades that are consistent with the original artwork.

Is this even feasible? I don't know...but it would be great to see.

16. crossroads

crossroads New Member

Jan 20, 2014
    its hard to pvp as a new player in the shard, because you dont have any friends in the factions to give support.. here you must be in a group first and this make very difficult for new players to come.. i think the t2a will really help this new and solitary players to make the way out..i think just the players that are already in a confortable maffia of his own are afraid to change the rules..i think a lot of new people can come in

17. Gedron

Gedron Master

Jan 21, 2013
    Exactly what I was hoping for Shane. This shit is getting real, I love it!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Metalhead-

Metalhead- Master

Jun 1, 2013
    Why is it that a handful of guys running a free server can do so much better in their spare time than the guys at OSI that were payed to do it? Either way I love what you guys are doing. The idea of T2A lands being pvp ruleset specific is very interesting. I love the idea of not forcing anyone to change styles but if they want to venture into that world for the benefits it offers then be prepared.

Well played!

2 people like this.
  19. Gedron

Gedron Master

Jan 21, 2013
    When you do something because you want to, it always ends up better. They did the T2A implementation EXACTLY how I was hoping, I am SUPER excited for this.

20. Metalhead-

Metalhead- Master

Jun 1, 2013
    It's funny this update is going to be a small pain in my side because all of my PvPers are stun mages. I may only keep one now and have to convert all the rest to tanks. But I don't care cause this will be a sweet addition to the shard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk