1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPDATED Shard Rules! (6/28/2016)

Discussion in 'News' started by halygon, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khajja

khajja Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Khajja, Dakhath, Bakhtosh, Bhurak, Jabberwock, Sinistre, [Werkt]
    I don't think it's possible. I have shown eppy what can be done with it.

2 people like this.
  2. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    My point isn't wanting to , or planning to use EUO.

I just don't understand why it can't be admitted that maybe blatantly stating that "we can't enforce it, so it's now legal" was probably a bad idea.

I don't PVP enough for any of this to directly affect me, but it certainly discourages me from increasing my participation.

3. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Let me make sure I am following this discussion correctly...we are now endorsing more automation and crutches for simple-minded players to succeed...what kind of players are we expecting to gain?

Is there one person who supports this? You know what kind of shit this is going to bring.

Garbage in, garbage out.

6 people like this.
  4. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    I sense desperation...but why?

My UOF experience is not threatened by other servers starting up.

My UOF experience is threatened by this server fucking up.

Quit that.

5 people like this.
  5. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    I don't agree with a lot of things you say, but this is certainly one of them. +1 for you.

6. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Well there's yer first problem...

7. ton loc

ton loc Well-Known Member

May 28, 2016
    Lol first of all I don't cheat on an ancient wizard game, nor do I have plans to.
    Second, you told everyone that automatic macros/scripts are okay. What's the difference between a steam script that drops exp/eb through party message and some loser using euo? Either way it's garbage.

Further widening the gap between noobs and good players.. And basement wizards that have to cheat to maybe get a kill.

I want this server to outlast any other server, as I have a ton of respect for @Adam and all he does.. But now not only do you have a group of horrible players zerging lone noobs in despise 1, but now you'll have them and other groups of shit reds running around with scripted drops terrorizing noobies. This is a bad idea altogether.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
    2 people like this.
  8. ton loc

ton loc Well-Known Member

May 28, 2016
    You are what is wrong with this fucking server.

9. Hunter-

Hunter- Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2015
    AFK macroing of talismans or talisman relics is not allowed.
    omg it is fucking hilarious

10. khajja

khajja Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Khajja, Dakhath, Bakhtosh, Bhurak, Jabberwock, Sinistre, [Werkt]
    i asked you this before but you never responded. do I know you? do you know me?

11. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Little behind in reading this thread me thinks.

12. Hunter-

Hunter- Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2015
    maybe))) i am read only few posts))

13. halygon

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    There's a huge difference between Razor/UOS macros and EUO scripts. There's a good reason why EUO scripts are banned on almost every single shard out there and Razor/UOS is almost universally received.

14. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    I think my biggest issue isn't just automation, it's the mentality and attitude of the player who wouldn't/couldn't exist without it.

Don't get me wrong, even without cheat shit UOF will still have its fair share of scum. But every single player who cannot play without having a competitive advantage brings with them a whole host of extra bullshit and toxicity, never stay very long, and leave no positive or meaningful impact on anyone. Ever.

They come, they poison the well, they get run off or move on to the next thing they can take advantage of in true parasitic fashion.

Don't encourage that. It's going to bring harm to a server I care about and am invested in. Please don't do that.

Fuck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
    5 people like this.
  15. halygon

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    The staff has heard your comments and feelings towards the new rules. I will say this. All of the rules that were changed were reviewed and discussed by the entire staff prior to it being approved. Those discussions covered everything you have brought up here, so none of this is a surprise to us.

We decided on rules based off of our experience managing the shard and with what is best for the shard and its players.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

/threadlocked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.