1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPDATED Shard Rules! (6/28/2016)

Discussion in 'News' started by halygon, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smile it's me

smile it's me Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    RIP Ultima Online

2. GoD PaRtiCal

GoD PaRtiCal Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2016
    GoD ParTiCal
    Are you always a drama queen? Asking for a friend...

3. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    I think quite the opposite actually. Officially stating that this "cheating" is allowed on UOF should help increase the population and PVP activity.

While I don't think it's good overall for the community or server, it's good for the numbers which is seemingly becoming more and more important.

2 people like this.
  4. smile it's me

Dec 20, 2014
    bad player spotted!
    enjoy keeping pressed your mouse dx button while UOS does all the rest

@Cerebellum Quality > Quantity

5. GoD PaRtiCal

Jun 2, 2016
    GoD ParTiCal
    Non-pvper spotted..

6. smile it's me

Dec 20, 2014
    [​IMG]

7. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    Is someone really defending the use of cheats just to (in theory) increase the population? Like wtf lol

@GoD PaRtiCal i'm pretty sure you were not around when the scrubby russians were running around with perfectly synched (cheat) explo>pot>ebolt hitting at the very same precise millisecond lol. Check out Heli's video about that. Not funny at all and i don't wanna deal with that shit

2 people like this.
  8. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    You mean that giving everyone a gun and calling it "fair" isn't the solution?

9. GoD PaRtiCal

Jun 2, 2016
    GoD ParTiCal
    Been around for a long time and I remember that. I didn't fight them though here. They did do the exact same thing on uoforever years back - the turks did the same. Without the lightning wands they had on uoforever, the macro'd syncs are fairly tame TBH.

Prior to UOS, ppl used Razor to control syncs - nothing new here or ground breaking. Interrupt one of em and their macro bombs.

10. Geeked Out

Geeked Out Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Geeked Out
    I just recently joined this server maybe 20 hours of actual playtime so far, so i'm not even going to bother commenting on 99% of what has been complained about by you vets... I do however have a ton of playtime invested in ultima online and find this shard a rather fun one to spend my limited time playing...

I just wanted to give my 2 cents that although i am behind the curve on you meta dexxers/tamers n what not and most likely will never have the type of end game equipment/resources most vets have at their disposal - my chances at champ spawns, arch demon and other adventures are still existent. I manage to get powerscrolls at champs, and have chances at getting the same stuff everyone else does, just maybe not quite as high of percentage chance.

One thing that did upset me early on and I would like some clarification on this, but do certain players have influence over gm decisions?
    Becuase from my limited experience here i have felt this is the case on 2 different occasions and this is the sort of stuff i will leave and never return to a shard because of.

Also please clarify to new players what will and what will not make them lose their young player status before you just take it away because you feel a player is passed that point in his uo career, and if you're going to ever do it again take that player to a safe spot don't do it in front of the 3 reds that called you complaining about it in the first place...

Just my little rant on how i lost my young player status - was complete crap and should have been handled differently by the gm's

3 people like this.
  11. tribes10

tribes10 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    tribes2010
    have a quick question here, i just wonder if i AFK for skill up my fishing in the single point, is it valid or still violate the rules??

Thank you

12. Lady Macbeth

Lady Macbeth Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My guess is fine cuz u aren't really AFK resource

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. tankian

tankian Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Yes u can afk macro fishing

14. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    @tankian is correct, AFK fishing is fine and legal.

15. ton loc

ton loc Well-Known Member

May 28, 2016
    Rofl. Now shit like this is okay.. What kind of fucking trash is this? Wave bye bye to legit uo pvp'ers. Say hi to nerds that are admittedly garbage at this game running around with 10 meta tamers/reds/whatever syncing perfect drops.

Anyone that says they "can't prove" people are using auto anything atleast 89% of the time need their eyes checked. Heli posted a video LITERALLY pointing out the timing of the Russians drops and how every one was to the MILLISECOND... And that's not enough proof? Rofl.

This is OBVIOUSLY a step in the right direction. Good work guys!

16. GoD PaRtiCal

Jun 2, 2016
    GoD ParTiCal
    You afraid of pvp noobs? I'd love to see 10 players of any kind try to do a perfect sync with a script - its not really possible. Its hard enough to do with two people with good/similar pings. I think you are talking out of your ass and not from any sort of experience with this. Have you played any shard outside of UOF?

I don't know about staff, but I can't see shit in these "cheat" videos except that shit is timed well - could be skill or scripts, not like I have a camera on their computer watching what is happening. I'd be willing to bet its scripted, but hell, its not exactly conclusive. You're dumb if you think people should get banned for what *might* be cheating.

17. Violence

Violence Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Is this some kind of joke?

2 people like this.
  18. Anjin

Anjin Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Shamus McGinty
    So....off topic slightly but pertaining to the rules update regarding resource gathering. Based on posts and clarification I've seen on the boards, recall mining is acceptable as long as you are at the keyboard and respond in a timely manner if a GM engages with you. Is that still the case? I have invested a good deal of time in the server over the last several months and really enjoy it - I do not AFK resource gather and I don't want to get auto perma banned because my actions look scripted even though I'm sitting right here at the keyboard. Thanks in advance.

19. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    As long as you are not AFK and can respond to a GM, you are fine.

20. Anjin

Anjin Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Shamus McGinty
    Cool, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.