UOSteam Looting

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Just posting for anyone that doesn't know.

In UOSteam general tab, there is an option called "Loot system". Click the drop down menu and select "Both". You now will see a new window that pops up when a corpse opens that let's you simply click the item icon to loot it.

Curious to see how long this feature will work. ;-)

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

Lopsang

Master
Curious to see how long this feature will work. ;-)

It's a lot slower then if you were to loot normally, don't really see it as being overpowered. Traditional looting will always win out if its a competition.

I thought steam grid loot was OP when I first saw it..then I tested it and realized its slower and less reliable than the grab hot key in steam.
If you click the grids too fast, the items disappear from the list but you don't actually loot them. Also, it only shows like 3-4 items and it's random so you can't just go for the high end loot..or weps eyc. If people have a lot of pots you'll be clicking through it for days.

The grab hotkey is still far superior and better than any razor equivalent macro.

S

Shane

Do you guys think this is a to over the top feature? I didn't think it was too bad since it's not that fast really and could see how it may help newbies.
However, the whole drag and drop is part of the UO nostalgia i think haha.
Hard to say about it, it seems like some ppl love it, some people hate it.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Do you guys think this is a to over the top feature? I didn't think it was too bad since it's not that fast really and could see how it may help newbies.
However, the whole drag and drop is part of the UO nostalgia i think haha.
Hard to say about it, it seems like some ppl love it, some people hate it.

Tbh at times as jack says its more of a hindrance if you want to loot more than 1 item thou It is really nice to loot 1 item (mayb a quest item) quickly

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I know it's slow, but there are certain times its a handy feature. For instance, if I'm in a safe place and I am feeling comfortably lazy, and don't feel like squinting my eyes to grab that gem, or black pearl, clicking the box is SO much easier. Or say if I die, learning the delay the feature has, I can run to my body, hide/invis and much easily loot the important things under my billion pots and gold piles (like my instrument if I need to quickly provoke something right then and there).

I would never attempt to use it for competitive looting. It's just too slow for that, like you guys said. I do think it is a nice tool though for "casual" looting. I've been collecting a crap ton of gems and regs simply because it's easier than trying to click a garlic flake. Lol.

U-Haul

Master
I've been collecting a crap ton of gems and regs simply because it's easier than trying to click a garlic flake. Lol.

its a pain in the ass looting those things but its part of looting

Bunnky

Grandmaster
its a pain in the ass looting those things but its part of looting
Absolutely I agree. I use both systems, so for me personally, it wouldn't be a bad thing to disable the feature. Hell, if I get to used to it too much, my drag dropping skills would worsen, which I still rely on most of the time.

For the sake of my wrist I use anything to prevent/minimize click/drags. Those with carpal issues know my pain.

UO nostalgia to me does not include dragging and dropping loot old school style. That's just a pain in the ass.

This is certainly no better than using the "grab item" feature. In fact, it's a much less reliable way to loot than that, or even dragging and dropping. I don't see any real advantage that it gives.

TriXa

Grandmaster
it gives absolutly no advancement. I just use it sometimes when i farm. But mostly its off. and its not a autoloot function. Grab Item Hotkey is way more better as that grid but a nice to have.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
the reason it should not be an allowed feature is because the loot is not always visible, sometimes it's covered by numerous bucklers and heater sheilds, this gives steam users a clear advantage that of course some players will agree with, since they're using it rofl

on a game with such a hefty learning curve it just isn't fair.