UOSteam Entry Point Not Found

Nox Soldier

Neophyte
I did some PC clean up and I accidentally deleted the UOF Launcher out of my downloads folder. I reinstalled it to a different directory and I can login with razor but when I try to run the UOSteam client I see an error message:
"The procedure entry point ?disableReset@QNonContiguousByteDevice@@QAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\UOS\Qt5Network.dll."

The Qt5Network.dll is in the UOS folder so I don't really know what it's complaining about. I've tried un-installing and re-installing UOsteam without any change in the error message. I get this error message when I try to run UOSteam through the UOF Launcher AND when I try to run the UOSteam application directly from the UOS folder.

Anyone come across this before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

halv

Grandmaster
I did some PC clean up and I accidentally deleted the UOF Launcher out of my downloads folder. I reinstalled it to a different directory and I can login with razor but when I try to run the UOSteam client I see an error message:
"The procedure entry point ?disableReset@QNonContiguousByteDevice@@QAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library .

That's a classical lib link issue. A QNonContiguousByteDevice can be used to read from a file, byte array or others. It's possible your Qt5Network.dll is corrupted in some way. There is an issue well known with Qt5Core-libs. Some Antivirus clients mess with this qt5-libs. I know Quickheal and K7 are messing around with qt5core.dll and others. It's possible the qt5network.dll got corrupted too.
You need to reinstall UOS with Antivirus disabled or replace the qt5-lib.

Check the version of your dll or try this one: https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/qt5network_dll.html
or check out this file: http://www.dll4free.com/qt5network.dll.html

Good luck and please tell us what version worked.

Tachyon

Apprentice
Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but I am having a similar issue, but with Qt5xml.dll. Any ideas?

Hefty

Apprentice
I ran into the same problem and I fixed it!

I simply right clicked the icon, clicked compatibility troubleshooter and when it was done I clicked use recommended settings. It fixed this issue for me. I'm running it in compatibility with Windows 8. Hope this helps everyone out. Also run it in administrator mode. That's the only thing that has worked for me so far. I am able to use Steam again though which is a relief

Last edited: