UOSteam and 4k Resolution Monitor

PoundCakeTKE

Neophyte
I haven't seen any recent posts on this, nor have I seen any resolutions. I have a 4k monitor (3840x2160, Windows 10) and UO steam shows up so small I cannot even move the application window, let alone use any functionality. I've tried changing resolutions, setting all permissions to admin, running in compatibility mode, and even overriding the high DPI scaling behavior, yet still no resolution. I understand that the window size cannot be resized due to UO:F server client restrictions. Anyone having similar issues find a solution outside of those mentioned above?

Attachments

• UOSteam.PNG
    UOSteam.PNG
    547.8 KB · Views: 36

Macunzo

Adept
I had this problem, too, on a high-res laptop. I can't verify what I'm going to write next as I'm on a prolonged vacation without that laptop.

I think I at first copied my old steam folder (or part of it) over to the new laptop. I further think there is a html-file in the steam folder, and that it includes values for the size of the steam-app, with either x or y being very small or zero. I then think that I edited that value. I may have done this for a clean install of steam, can't remember.

Sorry if this is nonsense, I'm not really literate with these things. I got it fixed though and had running steam just fine.

halv

Grandmaster
The screenshot is from a scaled display 200% 4K. Same issue here, windows is scaling the text but not the window.
I use two screens, one FHD and one UHD and turned of scaling on FHD to place the client window there.