1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UOForever Companion System! (2019)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JennaL, Jan 20, 2015.

1. _n0x

_n0x Master

Dec 4, 2015
    Hey everyone,
    I'm n0x and I've been on UOF for about a year, actively playing the last 6 months. I'm looking to become a companion. I mostly run around solo (pvp and pve), but am pretty active in IRC. So, I feel like I've got a decent grasp of the how things work around here.

I really enjoy helping new players with my goal being to add more permanent population to the server. There are a lot of features I didn't know about when I started, but through dialogue and research I've figured most of them out. Might as well say the next person the hassle.

Also, I've got programming experience, so I can also help with scripting/macros for getting their characters ready to play as quickly as possible. And then some tricks for making the game easier to enjoy once they're ready to really dig in. I don't have a ton of Sallos experience, but I use it occasionally. I could definitely point folks that were interested in the right direction, though.

#n0x2016

4 people like this.
  2. SicknTwistedGamr

SicknTwistedGamr Expert

Jul 18, 2014
    SicknTwistedGamr
    been on uof for almost 2 years and have been helping youngs with gold,items and runes for there first dungeons...looking to help out and get the new players established

3. Doogie-

Doogie- Novice

Mar 14, 2016
    Doogie Hempus Van Guard Athinos
    Hello. I've only been here a little over 2 months but I'd like to be considered for a companion role. I have a smith, tailor, and treasure hunter to help with things for newer players. Thank you for your time.

4. Tantreghan

Tantreghan Grandmaster

Jun 29, 2014
    tantreghan
    mr.smurf
    miss alyra arcana
    Hey all, been here pushing 2 years. Have helped allot of players get started here. Been a Member of trin the entire time I've been here, who is known for helping youngs/new players. I would enjoy doing this and taking helping youngs to the nxt lvl. Been around most aspects of the game. Have legendary crafters, tamer with lvl 7 meta, pvp char, mets dexxer and even spent time on the water etc. I run both razor and steam and can defiantly get people set up and get to know the basics and a little more of both quick. I've been pretty active the entire time I've been here. I can defiantly get some references if needed. Hope ta hear back.

Miss alyraarcana is my tamer who I spend most my time online with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 people like this.
  5. Sweet Jesus

Sweet Jesus Master

Jun 10, 2013
    Hello
    My name is Sweet Jesus
    I have posted in this thread before, however I feel I didn't explain myself very well.
    I've been playing UOF for a little over 2 years now.
    I have learned a lot since I've started, I don't know everything but I know quite a bit.
    I feel confident that I can help a young player with almost any question they may have.
    I have been wanting to become a companion for some time now,
    just so I can help give back some of the knowledge that has been passed down to me.
    I pvp and pvm, mostly on heal-stun mages but I also have a stealth archer-fencer and a tamer in the works.
    Give me the opportunity to show you I can do this, and do it well.
    You won't regret it...

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
    I look forward to hopefully hearing back from staff about my application.

:)Stay safe and have fun everyone:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
    4 people like this.
  6. Engelschmitt

Engelschmitt Master

Jul 7, 2015
    Hey :)

I've been talking to other companions about the program and I'd absolutely love to join it, too! The reason why I'd love to join is that helping other players in this game is incredibly fun to me and half of what I do in the game anyways. I love showing new players around, telling them about the beginners quests, which they often miss, showing them rune libraries to find their way around and generally giving them a warm welcome into the admittedly sometimes harsh world of what is Ultima Online! I believe many players who play this game nowadays have been playing it back in the day, sometimes at very young ages and have fond memories of this time. A lot of these memories include joining a huge and amazing world that feels big and overwhelming at first but then finding a real friend in game or even better, joining a guild and finding a group of people to help you out, show you around and have fun with. I believe these first days of discovering or rediscovering the world of UO are incredibly important to get people into seriously joining the community and not quitting after a few days/weeks. I know I might not be around if I didn't discover how incredible our community is in my very first days playing here and to me this had a lot to do with other players giving me a hand and explaining the game to me. It is an old game that had many different versions and UOForever is a custom shard so many times the new players read guides online only to discover that some features aren't implemented in the version we play or miss out on features that are but aren't found in one of the many Wikis that exist online. I personally think that it's always best to ask players questions rather than looking up stuff online as you get first hand experiences from players that have been around incredibly long and know the game extremely well. The features the companion program offers sound like they would make helping new players even more fun, like being able to enter the newbie dungeon, which would be incredibly useful as many new players often don't realize the ghost in the dungeon gives you a quest and sometimes have troubles finding spots like that just from telling them about it.

In short, I found that helping new players is very important for getting them to join our community and staying with the game and that it's super fun to me at the same time. Could there be a better reason for me to join the program? Maybe another good reason would be that I'm from Europe and can help new players when many other companions from across the globe are asleep. Or that I have good knowledge about the game, thats beyond slaying mobs or doing pvp duels, like where some cool vista points are or some hidden locations that always give new players a "wow" moment. Plus I am in Trin, giving me access to a huge alliance and good safe spots in the game that are more than "the safe zone in WBB". I found that once you show the new guys around and introduce them to some people, they will get more and more confident in doing their own adventuring and that is very important as many new players are a bit afraid of venturing out into the world since they can lose their gear or end up dead in the middle of nowhere.

So please, let me join the companion program, I'd really love to! I believe I can be a great addition to it and that I can give new players a good time! Let me know if you have any more questions!

The character I'd like to join with is called Herri, he is my mage.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear from you soon!

6 people like this.
  7. VeryCoolCat

VeryCoolCat Apprentice

May 17, 2015
    Woobie and Roos a while back suggested I become a Companion as they always see me helping new players. I never did it for any other reason than the fact that I know getting started in any UO server is pretty hard and I always ended up with a bunch of gear that I'd never use but was not popular enough to sell, but worth enough to not toss. So I'd end up giving many of this stuff to new players.

I enjoy helping new people get started and many a times later on when I see them in other guilds further down the road they'd thank me and I enjoy that.

Plus it'll get me away from fishing when I get exhausted of it.

2 people like this.
  8. parsnip

parsnip Grandmaster

Jul 11, 2013
    How long you have been on UOForever
    I've played on UOForever on and off for several years. My account is 1043 days old but I have taken a couple of breaks in that time to recharge my UOF batteries ;)

Why you would make a good Companion
    I try to help players both new and old in game, on forums and on IRC. When I see a (Young) wandering around aimlessly around Britain I generally ask them if they need any help and point them in the right direction. I am able to answer most queries as I have a decent grasp of the UOF's features and mechanics. I'd say my meta talisman, or PvM more generally, and housing are my strengths. If there's anything I don't know, I fall back on my epic Google searching skills or ask my wise friends! :) I enjoy seeing a new players do well and have fun on the server. It has been wonderfully rewarding to be thanked by now successful players for having helped them find their first home.

6 people like this.
  9. rousefam3

rousefam3 Neophyte

Aug 3, 2014
    Capt'n Quint
    Maiden MacRouse
    Bride MacRouse
    Trading Joe
    Bear Lightfoot
    TinkerJones
    Greetings! :)

My name is Maiden Macrouse and have enjoyed playing on UOforever for two years now. When I was a new player, lots of people helped me out and made me feel welcome. It's easy to get discouraged when you're young, starting out with very little resources and know-how about the game so a helping hand is very welcome! I enjoy helping young players, showing them around, helping them learn new skills, hunting with them, and providing them with weapons, reagents, ect. I would love to be able to assist even more.
    While playing for the last two years, I've learned a good bit about character building, skill gains, profiting, events, and other useful info for new players or those returning to UO. I have several friends in our guild who are companions and would enjoy being a welcoming face to our new friends on UOforever if given the chance. Thanks for all!
    Maiden.

8 people like this.
  10. Xignius

Xignius Novice

Nov 16, 2014
    Asher Forrester
    Hey Everyone.

I've been playing for about a year and half now and I've really enjoyed my experience, when I first joined UOF I was a Young player, I didn't know where to start or anything, I asked multiple people around Britain, most of them either ignored me or tried to kill me or lure me far away. It wasn't very fun then, I though to myself, well I guess I'll find another game, but right before loggin off I decided to go on a random gate which led to Occlo Bank, there I saw a man called Tantreghan, I decided to try one last time to ask for help, and guess what, he helped me out, he helped me out so freaking much, he taught me how to do most of the things like settings macros, how to raise the skills I wanted, runebooks, etc. After spending time with him I noticed he was in a guild called The City Of Trinsic, the name sounded legit so I asked if I could join, he told me I'd have to apply on the guild's forum. I aplied and got to meet all these amazing people who really make this game worth it.

I've done a lot of things with my guild and of course learned a lot thanks to them, but I'm most grateful to Tantreghan, without him I wouldn't have had any of this in the first place, which is why I'd like to do the same for others out there, I'd like to help young players enjoy the game at its finest. I'm also free most of the time I'm on UOF, so I'd be fun to have something to do! Thank you for listening!

Asher Forrester

3 people like this.
  11. Kapanen

Kapanen Apprentice

Mar 5, 2016
    Kapanen
    I enjoy outfitting and generally helping young players as I was helped myself when I started, Playing UO on and off since its 90's inception. I have been making donations to the elder hall, in fact just a few days ago I dropped a load of leather suits off to Cassandra. I know the donation crates fill up fast with absolute garbage. Id simply like to participate to make donating quality items easier and even help sort and keep the dono bins clean

3 people like this.
  12. Tantreghan

Tantreghan Grandmaster

Jun 29, 2014
    tantreghan
    mr.smurf
    miss alyra arcana
    Bumping my post. Got a bunch of guildies that team up and help youngsters together, id sure like to participate [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this.
  13. mikeabd

mikeabd Master

Apr 28, 2015
    Hello,

My in-game name if Nefarion, a member of Werkt guild. I have been playing uoforever (on and off due to new baby) for about two years now. I played UO on OSI from 1997-2005, and many free shards since then. In UO forever I have successfully maintained a Pet leveling service, people have handed me millions of gold in assets, and I have always kept their trust. I was helped by Woobie when I first startred, and would like to see uoforever continue to bring in and retain new players, as it is for the benefit of the server as a whole. I have experience in most of the skill involved with UO, and with a long playing history I have a good overarching knowledge of the game. I want to see more players integrate, and think I can help in doing that, I have a decent amount of assets I can help someone new get established with and hopefully provide the same help that got me interested in this server.

2 people like this.
  14. Mayor

Mayor Apprentice

Jul 27, 2016
    Jack skellington, Sally Regdoll, Sandy Clawz, Lock, Shock, Barrel, Bone daddy, oogie boogie man, DR Finkelstein
    Hello, I am interested in becoming a companion. I am a veteran of uo with well over a decade of experience but have only been on UOF for a few months.

I was first made a counselor and a GM pre-aos as a when I was 12 years old following in my mothers footsteps back in the dial-up era.

I have come to like this server very much and remain an active member of the new player guild, regularly helping new players answer any questions that I can.

Although I cannot do much financially to help the server progress, I would dedicate my extra time to helping young players find their places on this amazing server where I was not able to get such aid.

I don't pretend to know everything about this shard but by becoming a companion I can help to teach that what I do know, gain the experience and learn what I don't, effectively making me a better UO player.

I like to joke around, make friends, and help other players. That along with my existing experience I think would make me a great addition to the team.

Thanks for your consideration;)

15. Slovy

Slovy Neophyte

Jun 11, 2013
    Companions,

Though this forum account is old I'm known better as Fentux (in http://discord.uoforever.com), With that being said; Shall we continue? I have been playing UOForever for roughly 3 years now, few breaks here and there. but I have been tried and true to the idea that this is the last great stand for UO as an entirety, and I want to help that stay true and ACTIVE for as long as possible. Since the days of OSI onward, I never really understood why helping someone new might actually benefit the community until recently. UO has evolved into this amazing community of people, and though things have slowed down we still see new people daily, trying to relive the old days. As i have progressed in the game I've realized that it is imperative to help our newcomers out! its the heart of our existence. I will be willing and more than happy to assist in any capacity possible.

I relish the idea of helping someone out, and watching them evolve economically into a battle ready player able to take on the world, and while I understand there are privileges and responsibilities assumed with the prescribed position, I can assure you I do not foresee myself ever just handing someone a easy win (end game items, mass amounts of gold or reagents). With that said I stand true to my word, willing to provide to those in need. and assist in anyway possible to make the experience of our newer generation a positive one. I feel what is worth more than gold in UO is the knowledge to carry and conduct yourself accordingly. so you can live to see another day, or dollar.

I will not say I know every aspect of them game, though I've played the better part of 15 years. I learn new things daily as the game shifts direction. I pick up on the new renditions quickly and am able to apply them effectively. I only hope to find new players so as to pass that information forward, and help them succeed. I spend my days now mostly crafting and chatting around town. though the PVM scene is at heart. Regardless of the companions choice I will still be rendering the same aid and assistance as I've always tried to do. As with any position representing something as well built at UOForever, I will uphold the standards put in-place, and at all times be cognizant and respectful to every player alike. I do hope this application of sort comes to you in good standing and with little to question! I look forward to your timely response.

With Respect,

Fentux

16. Gunner

Gunner Neophyte

Oct 14, 2016
    Gunner Colt Hawken Conando
    Hello I'm Gunner-, I've been on UOF for 3 years although I've only played seriously for the past few months.

I would like to become a companion because I enjoy helping new players get on their feet even without young status.

I am very knowledgeable about the game and have been playing OSI since 2001.
    Apart from taking personal integrity as a lifelong endeavour I think my ability to speak in French and English is also a valuable asset.

Thank you for your time and consideration, whatever your decision may be.

2 people like this.
  17. CVS1984

CVS1984 Master

Aug 2, 2013
    Hello, I think everyone knows me here.
    I'm going to make this short and to the point.
    I have played this server for several years engaging in pvp/pvm/and market transactions. I get along with pretty much everyone on the server. I am humble and generous in all market transactions. I think the vast majority of the server would agree. I would be personally generous with new players to get them going if that's what they need. I am a top donator and one reason is because i love this shard and I want to see it flourish. What better way than to help new players to the best of my ability. I think all of these positive qualities would carry over and be amplified by being approved a companion.
    -Chase

18. fisty

fisty Apprentice

Jan 26, 2015
    yoooooo i would be an incredible companion. i've been playing on and off here for about 3 years. in the field, i already try to help young players as much as i can since i wanna see em all stick around. i have a good bit of pvm knowledge. also, when i started playing on this shard, i had 0 prior UO experience and had to learn it all through that, so i feel very confident in my ability to help somebody who is totally lost, because i have been there not too long ago.

gimme a chance!

19. drasked

drasked Grandmaster

Oct 7, 2015
    I like turtles.

20. Sapperman

Sapperman Grandmaster

Jun 14, 2013
    My character's name is Essayons. I have been playing UOF since a couple months after it opened, so four years total. I am a well established player that has pretty much exceeded end game items and progression. Since I regularly attempt to help new players that I run across in game I feel I would make a good candidate for a companion position. Helping new players is a good way to give back to the community that has provided so much enjoyment over the years. @JennaL