1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UOForever Companion System! (2018)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JennaL, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Abolen05

Abolen05 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Hello!

My character's name is Ashen. I discovered this server approximately 2 years ago and have been smitten as a kitten about UOF. The community on this server sets it apart from anything that I have been apart of. I would love to become a companion so that I may give back in some way and help new players fall in love with this server as I have. I am a well established player that would be able to help a young player with whatever questions or needs that they may have. I love to chat, as those of you who have met me in game can attest to, so I would have no problems chatting with new players and answering whatever questions they may have. I am well versed in Razor and UOS and can provide advice to players who need assistance setting up macros and maxing skills. Making friends and building relationships with the people I've met online has been a blast and I would love to continue to do so while helping new members of the community. Thank you for your consideration! @JennaL

2. saro8802

saro8802 Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Ros Woodleaf
    Hi!
    My game style want to be as only crafter/mage, so i'd like so much to play as a companion, i've played ultima online since 2005, and i play on UOF from i think 3 years, i dont have much time to play and never know when so, companion is a good fun for me, please! tankyou

3. Eternal Dragon

Eternal Dragon Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Eternal Dragon, Eternal Shield, Eternal Dancer, GoreTex
    Hey there,
    I've always been keen on helping this server out in the way a companion does. I guess i already do that where i see its due, I'd be keen to officially step into this role and help new players more. I've been on this shard for almost 3 years i think, and have helped many new players through out my time. I know most crafting details and mechanics, and have some fun template ideas for pvm characters. I'm pretty useless at PvP, so i would more steer toward the monster hunters and aiding them.

4. DutchFurnace

DutchFurnace New Member

May 2, 2017
    a shadowy figure
    a shady figure
    *a shadowy figure appears out of nowhere*

Good day, you seem a little lost. Perhaps I could be of assistance? Sure, I can show you where to get some reagents, follow me. Ahh, reagents are more expensive than you thought? Well, magic doesn't come cheap, perhaps you should start off as a warrior, if you want to fight monsters. Yes, I know a good quiet place for you to make some kills and get some gold, but first let me take you to my humble workshop and get you some basic equipment for your first adventure. Here, take some bandages too. See that big black hole in the side of the mountain? Off you go.

*a shadowy figure disappears*

I like to help people enjoy their game, without showering them with gifts to ruin their sense of progression, or by overexposing them to all the "better" ways things can be done. I'll do my best to answer any questions, and to fix problems that prevent someone for having fun -right now- (lost, dead, absolutely no gear or sense of how to get started), but I'm not going to tell people what they should be doing. Ultima Online is all about finding your own fun and I've done it all and owned it all, so my place, at least for the last 5 years, has been to help other players find the fun I had the first 15 years.

UO holds few secrets for me, although like everyone I've got my blind spots, but my google skills are impeccable and I'm not afraid to ask if I don't know myself. I'm pretty tech/computer savvy so can answer technical questions as well, and I can do pretty much anything with scripts, so can help in that department if someone has a specific question or wants to learn, but I never tell people they -should- use them nor flat out hand them the solution. As said, my fun from UO nowadays comes from interacting with other players and as such I don't PvP or PvM and have all my time available to help, and can be considered completely neutral.

I hope you'll give me the opportunity to be labelled as an official helper.

5. AreYouKidden

AreYouKidden Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2017
    Avalon Alduin, Achilles Alduin, Adams Alduin, Axgalor Alduin, Whisky Walt, Luke Thighwalker, AreYouKidden, Rusty Cleaver, The Mad Hatter
    Hello Jenna,
    I've only been a player on Forever for just over 2 months now, so I'm relatively new to the server, however I feel like I've found my home here. Let me tell you a little about myself, I'll try not to be too long winded on my own story as it should be about new players. It's been 15 years since I last played UO, I bounced around a few MMO's over the years, WoW, Neverwinter, Everquest, but ESO most recently made me realize that while you could have a beautiful, full game that monopolizes your time, it just isn't a fulfilling or lasting experience without the social side of the equation. I've been searching for that game to rekindle what UO was to me in my late teens, and apparently the only game I've found is UO. Ironic I know. So here I am, I'm back, and loving it having already built many great memories on Forever, something I can't say is true about all those other MMO's.

So what would make me a good companion? I'm level headed, cool under pressure, knowledgeable (though admittedly having to relearn), resourceful (wiki & google two of my favorite things) and I love to help others. I've always believed you only get out of live, what you put back into it, the same goes for the server, and my experience here, it'll only be fulfilling through helping others to share in those experiences. I'm the type of person who when doing something goes all in, so while I'm already spending time talking with young players, sharing my experience, helping them with questions, trying to make their experience the best it can be, I'd love to be legitimized, to have the tools to help me do that.

I also believe a fresh take on the new player experience is an added bonus when helping newer players, I'm able to talk at length of the path I took, as it's a fresh memory for me, and I know when I talk to veterans of the shard, I'm often given suggestions that I just can't possible tackle yet (meta taming, meta mage with 4 relics...) having been here for a short amount of time.

While content, and pixels help bring activity, and direct people towards different aspects of the game, I truly believe it's the social experiences people have that will keep Forever alive.. Forever. And it all starts during the Young stages, when a player is reconnecting with their past memories, or learning a twenty year old game for the first time. UO does not have an easy learning curve, which is where the Companion system can truly shine (I'm sure you've recognized that, and its why it's here). We've a chance to give new players the help to get them going, and the first glimpse at a truly amazing social experience, which could make them stay Forever. I'd like to be a part of that, building lasting memories for both myself, and others, in hopes to keep this world thriving, a long long time.. (you thought I'd say forever didn't you?)

Tofy likes this.
  6. Pike_Noir

Pike_Noir Member

Jan 28, 2013
    This is a bump from my post from March of 2015.

Whelp I will place myself a application into this as well.

Morning Name is Pike Noir, Cryogenic just to name a few ;).

Umm Qualifications would be my account is 760+ days old on UOForever. Took a break inbetween BUT back at it and going strong.

I was actually in the OSI counselor program for a few years, had my UO account set to expire in 2036 till i changed my password :(

I dont mind helping folks out really. I tend to try to be very imformative, and generally help new players with getting acclimated to the server as well as help anyway i can. Regardless if it is giving information, techniques on gaining skills, stratagies on killing PvM type mobs, way to safe guard against attacking players to protect yourself etc etc.

Anyhow I was a beta tester for OSI and played the real UO shards from release till out 2004. I have been everything under the sun. From tamer, Provoker, Pk, and even a PK Hunter. Not quite good at labeling myself BUT will let you guys make the decision on who gets in. Enjoy the afternoon and YAY for snow (not really)

7. Furync

Furync Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Hello,

I've been here almost 2 years now and starting to get settled in pretty well... :)

I have a ton of characters here but the one I'd like to put in as a companion is my "go to" character, which is my T-mapper (char name is Furl). I use him for anything, really, scouting, tracking some elusive tameables, filling my vendors, gathering regs and well, tmaps. I'd like to help some youngs out with doing Tmaps and helping them on their adventures. My hope is to dedicate at least an hour every week actively helping youngs, probably in the form of a weekly meet-up, still TBD. I may need to move the "companion" around to another char if I see that I could be more useful to them in other ways. Time will tell I guess.

I've GM most skills and I've gotten pretty knowledgeable with UOF mechanics, I do PVM mostly but also some PVP. I've studied the WIKI in depth! Thanks to Parsnip for updating it. I'd like to think I'm also level headed and take some good decisions. I've been part of 2 different guilds and seen a lot of play styles.

I just like helping people (which is also what I do for a living IRL). Lately I've been helping newbie tamers with getting them some decent pets (for free) to help them farm. It's pretty hilarious to watch them show up for the meet, naked, on foot sometimes too. Hopefully the good karma will come back to me in the form of a 120 taming PS. hahaha

Thank you.

parsnip likes this.
  8. Fuschino

Fuschino Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Hi.

I would also like to be considered for the companion program.

I have 9 characters (all finished except my tamer :(). My accounts are over 1500 days old. I have been here since the shard opened and have played off and on since then. Like most of us, I played on OSI (Catskills) in 1997 and loved it. Never have shaken that. As a officer in General Militia, I have spent a large amount of time helping new and returning players get acclimated to the server. I have made about a dozen "new player" videos available here. It goes without saying that I love the game, especially the PvM side of things. I believe I have a lot to offer the community, especially the new players, and would like to contribute.

Thanks!

Fuschino

parsnip likes this.
  9. Tofy

Tofy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Tofy
    Hello,
    I have skills

AreYouKidden likes this.
  10. Pesmergas

Pesmergas Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Hello Jenna,

I am very interested in helping newer players on this shard and just in general. I have been playing UO off and on since T2A and have been here at UOF for about 7 months now. My main mage is named Orthaeus in the guild TFS and is part of the Trin alliance. I am a bit rusty in some areas but have been re-learning a lot in my time here and would like to share that knowledge with others. I also am very experienced in other areas that could benefit new people.

The problem I have is I don't see a lot of new people, they seem to log into the world and I never see them when they actually need help. I do however help new people in our alliance a lot and would like to expand that further.

I have 4 mage type characters ranging from scribes, tamers, thieves, fisherman, archery and provo specialties.
    I also have 3 warrior type characters with all weapon types, and various skills with that.
    No crafting characters yet but I am pretty familiar with them since I had them back on OSI.

Please consider me for the companion program. I will not let you down.

http://discord.uoforever.com D'sparil#6766

AreYouKidden likes this.
  11. Grish'nak

Grish'nak Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Grish'nak
    Ug der oomie!

I've played here on UOF for around 2 years now. I've had a couple of breaks in that period, normally coinciding with the improved weather here in the UK, however that does not last long. I'd be very keen to join the companion program for one main reason - I like to help people in game.

Ironically, I first learned compassion in this game playing an Orc. Encouraged always from the outset to resurrect those we klomped, to ensure they got back to their body and to see them on their way. Some of my best experiences in this game have been following an encounter with an unfortunate oomie.

I would consider myself a player that has tried most aspects of this game and I am able to assist in all. I've been involved in PVP, Roleplay, PVM and crafting to the extent that I have played every template I can think of. Around 6 months ago, I sold up my meta pets and began assisting new players who joined the Orcs, stocking the Orc fort and various outposts etc. I now get more joy in this game from helping others experience the fun times I had, than participating in those pastimes myself. Being a companion would allow me to do what I have done with the Orcs but on a larger scale. I have not the heart for the long grind anymore, having achieved all I care for, but I still have the heart to assist those yet to experience the game!

I have been looking for something new to do in game, to coincide with the odd RP project or two that I have up my sleeve, so I was delighted to see Jenna had advertised new companions in http://discord.uoforever.com.

Rulg
    Grish'nak the friendly orc...

AreYouKidden, Silly Santa and parsnip like this.
  12. Naj Banx

Naj Banx New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Naj Banjo
    n/a

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  13. RckStarPebbles

RckStarPebbles New Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Irissa Rose
    Gashur Bloodrage
    Kricket
    Hello,

I would love to be considered for the companionship program.

Many of you know me in game, as well as in http://discord.uoforever.com, as Irissa Rose. Let me tell you a little about my past experiences with UO.

I started playing UO when I was 10 in 97. I played OSI, Great Lakes, from 97-2006. I spent my time running around in a guild called PPE and ended up getting "married" (GM wedding and all) to a guy I played with for 4years. My father got me into this game as a child, as a way to bond, and well I kind of left him in the dust. He went on to do beta testing and GMing, while I just loved to help people and spent a lot of my time socializing, crafting and taming. I have played many other MMORPG's including LOL, but nothing will ever, ever recreate what UO has to offer. It's why we all come back right?!?!

Now, let me tell you how I found UoF. I was playing pathfinder with a group of friends, and every day was dreaming about my adventures in UO from the past. I just decided to google it and up pops UoF. I went through the roof and was ecstatic and by the end of the night it was downloaded and I was off. This was 10 months ago and I haven't left since. I have grown acquainted to many different people, people from all different kinds of guilds, countries and professions. I have multiple different characters and skills including Tali's and have a wide range of skills that I know I could help people with...and If I don't know, then I probably know someone who does or don't mind researching it. I am not so great at PvP, but I cannot say I haven't tried learning. I do have PvP build Characters and I do know many great PvP'ers who would be excellent at giving advice to the newcomers.

I already spend a lot of time helping out newer players now and I believe if you are coming back to UO, as I said above, there is a reason why. You are looking for that good ol' time again and search it out as a new player. I want that experience to be the best possible and enjoyable experience that this shard can offer. I believe if you're new and you like it, soon you will fall for UoF, just like you did UO. UoF has great potential to continue growing and I'd love to be a part of that.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

http://discord.uoforever.com @ Irissa Rose#2314 :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  14. Bongzilla

Bongzilla Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    #irissaforcompanion shes a sweet lady very dedicated to trying this. @JennaL @Ashen

Xiulan and AngloSpanglo like this.
  15. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    Hail and well met!
    *bows and rises with an ale in hand raised to the air*

I have been playing on this server for almost 2 years now.

I believe I would make a good companion as I truly desire to help others and the community, which is what makes my personal gaming experience satisfying.

I started out by bringing what creativity I could to the shard by means of artwork for sigs/guild propaganda as well as Roleplay to add an immersive nostalgia most people remember from "back in the day". The Knight's Guild has run over 40 public events to date consistently to add a dynamic to the game and give some reward back to the community who makes it all worth it.

I've volunteered countless hours to many players, guilds and more with my talents and have exhausted my reach in the community as far as my influence can go with the exception of becoming a Companion. I believe through this process, not only can I reach out and help new players, but inspire them to seek out that old feeling of adventure that awaits them in a healthy and populated community.

With this addition to my repertoire, and time, I believe I will find a new level of dynamic to gameplay and the satisfaction of helping others that keeps me playing. I feel that UOForever offers a place for me to make a difference, and that is a good feeling. Huzzah!

*takes a swig of his ale and bows, thanking the lords and ladies for their time to hear his application*

16. Shortbus

Shortbus Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Shortbus, Krats, B.U.F.U., Jynx Maze, LongDuckDong, Kylvio Vertiro, Fran Lee, Jacob Scallywag, Kris Hansen, Hugh Jassdik, Chunker, John.Kimble
    I am not sure if the Companion system is still taking new members, but I would like to throw my name into the hat if at all possible.

I have been on the server for well over 1700 days, and have done almost everything there is to do. I have PVMd, PVPd, Crafter, Pirated, Fished, Red Hunted, been Red, done most Champs multiple times, and have experience in helping others.

I always like to lend a helping hand, seeing new characters running around and bringing new people to the server. I am always open for questions/advice and put myself out there via the Streamers of UOF in their chats telling users there my username on http://discord.uoforever.com and to reach out to me with any questions or concerns they might have. I have no Guild Affiliations at this moment, other than my own. I am fair and honest and love to help new players as much as I can.

AreYouKidden likes this.
  17. Tahuk

Tahuk Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Heya!
    Been playing since july 2014. Never left since.

I have engaged or at least studied most of the systems in game, from gathering and crafting to tmaps/mibs, taming and bardic skills, thieving, fair knowledge on combat systems for both pvm and pvp. Fair knowledge of the map and locations, and the economy of the server as a long time trader and blacksmith.

Recently i started along with edwin fox an all brazilian guild that is friendly to newcomers, we give aid in all aspects and we are watching the growth of these members as the weeks progress.

In the past couple months i noticed i can put this experience to help the server as a whole too. And if i stumble upon young brazilian players i can help them better then if they had to understand in english. Many come from brazilian servers that are based on sphere emulator that plays out completely different then UOF.

I think i can be valuable member to the companion system if given the chance to be a part of it.

I didn't achieve every goal possible, im not the most rich player but basically im in a position that i do not have many goals for myself anymore, so i can just play and enjoy, i would like to help players establish here.

Thanks for your attention, at your service.

Tahuk!

AreYouKidden likes this.
  18. BigDaddyAz

BigDaddyAz Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Xandros,Azeroth,Anti-Hero,
    Name is Azeroth ive been here since 2013 my tamer is name is Jenova GL and i just want to help new players and make sure they get the best help they can get.