1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UOF Public Git

Discussion in 'News' started by Staff, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    Hi everyone!

Thought I'd just let everyone know that we've started a public git for some of our things. Currently, we have the launcher and our upcoming poker rewrite on it.

Feel free to browse and fork. If you have any improvements you'd like to make to the scripts, feel free to do so. I'll review contributions and add them if I feel they are improvements.

https://github.com/AdamUOF/

In particular, I'd like people familiar with C# and Texas Hold'em to check out the new poker script and give me your thoughts on it. I don't want to release this until it is perfect. To get it to work, you're going to need VNC, which can be found here http://core.vita-nex.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    15 people like this.
  2. bane

bane Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Awesome move. We have the largest free shard community here. Great to see the increased transparency and engagement.

I will certainly take a look and see if I can help.

10 people like this.
  3. Slick Brick

Slick Brick Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Slick Brick, Slick Mule, Provonation
    Just did a quick skim, but I don't see anything for a Royal Flush. I could have overlooked it as I'm super sleepy.. but in the rare event it happens maybe should add it if its not there.

4. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Hydroo
    fix the straight flush not working poor bastards call them and lose still

5. Staff

Staff PR Manager

Feb 11, 2013
    Admin Post
    I'm using a tried and true library for hand ranking. You guys don't need to worry about that part anymore.

4 people like this.
  6. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Hydroo
    good b/c i lost 2mil to that straight flush not working and it sucks ;(

7. bazzelaki

bazzelaki Active Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Suggestion #1 I would suggest there be a showdown that last 1-2sec when the pot is awarded, so i dont have to scramble in my journal while playing the next hand trying to figure out what the other person had.
    Suggestion #2 it would be great if u can introduce a note taking system where u can take notes on ur opponents and they save, so next time u face the same opponent u have notes from a previous session.
    Suggestion #3 i would love it, if u increase the min buyin or reduce the BB. 25bb as a starting stack i think its too small.
    Suggestion #4 have tournaments couple times a week, or sit n' gos, or have a high rollers day/time where we can play a bigger game, higher stakes.

Thnx!

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Feb 23, 2015
    Blaize, Cutlass, Bizzerk
    Id like to rent Poker dealers, like a bartender or vendor. Everyone loves a house game!

5 people like this.
  9. drinn

drinn Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Thormod Thrand
  10. asics

asics Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    tournaments :

daily tournaments 1k-10k buyin
    weekly tournament 100k buyin -1k dono coins
    monthly tournament 2k dono coins

prizepool all items for the dono coins , plus trophy plus coins :p ...ppl must love to donate to partecipate!

@Adam
    @Shane

11. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I second all of the ideas so far with the only exception being tournaments. They'd lose their allure if they were every day. I think once or twice on weekends (especially Sunday!) it would be great to have one or two tournaments that are automated somehow so staff don't need to be on, people just register and are teleported to the tournament location when it starts just like other events. those in 1st 2nd 3rd get tokens or points to redeem for cool poker related gear/deco like a poker table for houses or a poker hat or sandies etc.

12. Trojandrew

Trojandrew Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2014
    i agree with the 'not everyday' concept, but still think there should be price range entries, like b4 the big tournaments do small 1k buy in rounds, so poor people like me can still play