UOF Insurance

StegcO

Grandmaster
Hi,

I really want to wear Deadman Suits and Neira Cutlass, so I was thinking if it is possible to add Isurance feature here (we already have faction insurance, that force a lot of Blue Malee to join faction to bless weapons instead fighting Blue VS Red).

* MOBs Looted magical weapon/armor cannot be insured;
* Slayer (craftet or looted) weapon/armor cannot be insured;

So basically PvMers can't insure equip so PKs can dryloot them as now.

Ingot/Leather/Bone/DragonScale/ecc Suits can be insured with more gold than the real value, so most of the users will continue to buy/sell them except for PvPers (probably not all of them); for example 500gp or 1000gp each piece.

Gold/Dono Insure payment based of Runic lvl:

* Spined/Horned RUNIC Suit - Gold Insure
* Barbed RUNIC Suit - Dono Insure
* Low lvl RUNIC Weapon - Gold Insure
* Hight lvl RUNIC Weapon - Dono Insure

IMO this will:

* Incrase number and value of Runic Kits/Hammers;
* New players that dont know how to play a mage in PVP maybe will start to PVP with a malee with Insured Coppper/Bronze/Gold Katana;
* Without needing to be in Faction for Faction Insure maybe will return the good old Blue VS Red fights and only who REAL want to join Faction (Militia) will join that feature;
* Gold and Dono sink;
* Less Reskill;
* Our beautiful rare wearble will be used, that will incrase that market and Staff can add more rare wearble, not only to be locked on floor in our houses;

Please don't kill me
Regards

@Shane

I have a couple sets of Barbed armor and high end runic weapons. I say no thanks.

Join factions, and consentually sign yourself up for PvP, and gather the silver, and find a trustworthy faction blacksmith, and be in a faction that owns a town...

...then it is balanced to have a short term blessed weapon/armor.

It's too problematic otherwise -- Make the cost of the gold or dono cheap, everyone has blessed/insured equipment. Make the cost expensive and then only the rich have them. You need more than just $$$ to balance out the advantage.

Only way I can see this working is if a clothing bless deed worked on armour but dropped the ar rating down to zero. That being said I'm still not really for it.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Insurance is one of the things that ended UO for me 15 years ago - the fact that a person could get geared up with a ton of uber gear that made him better than everyone, and then not lose it due to insurance, if people ganged up to put him down.. was just unbalanced.. I can almost accept the idea of some of the aesthetic suits being blessed, because they just won't get worn otherwise, but unless it comes with a huge disadvantage to blessing it (like the no AR suggestion above), then I just can't get behind the suggestion.

I also think that it'll increase runic kits/hammers for a limited time, until everyone has the gear they want, but the population / new players coming into this server are not at such a pace that it'd keep those prices high. It'd be a short term blip.

StegcO

Grandmaster
IMO osi was ruined becouse of insurance AND Magical weapon/armor. Here he dont have LRC, FC ecc ecc

Maybe here, developed with dono insurance, will work fine.

PvMers cant insure anything, at least a non-slayer platemail that value less than insurance payment.

Maybe ee will have few users that buy a valorite runic katana and axe (2M each?) and insure them (500 dono each every time he die) but i think we will have alto of newbie with gold or shadow weapon, plus more cool warble (if a deadman suit give 40AR is like a barbed simply different color, i will insure it even if i will loose 6k everytime i die instead 3k i need to buy another suit).

Sincerly if it is developed correctly will not unbalance the game, but its only a suggestion :)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
No... No... And No...

Did I say no?

I must have said No... Why did I say No? Because No... NO...

No matter how this is implemented, it will always affect thieves in one way or another. It is bad enough having faction blessed items.

Did I mention NO?

DrSaso

Master
I loved insurance on Europa.....but then again I was a complete trammy and ducked giant donkey balls at PvP.... was nice not to lose all my gear.

But since coming here... I've learnt to embrace the risk and just travel light :p don't really care about my Brest... just annoying buying a slayer bow and then losing it within mins because there are reds already in the area I recall to xD

But I think pretty much sn't type of insurance would ruin the feel and gameplay for sure. Donation coins would just mean the rich can do it and people would rez gank to deplete your funds. The idea with having it on armour and then reducing their ar to 0 could work though as its just like a blessed cosmetic :)

Streets

Grandmaster
While I am totally against the wall item insurance (and good knows I have lost a ton to pk's) I wouldn't be opposed to a random/reward system. Like turning in a players head and they can offer to buy the head back rather than be stated. Same concept the fallen payer can offer gold for his/her item(s)? Maybe something like this for your corpse? Although even this feels trammel

Pointdexter

Item insurance sucks balls. This makes the game a complete boring grind fest. All armour and weapons should be lootable. If you want insurance for items and dont want to lose powerful weapons go play EA's UO or some trammel shard. I almost vomited when on the UO I was paying a monthly fee for even brought item insurance to seige perilous. I mean seriously WTF!!!!

I would imagine that on the day that Shane announces " Hey, heads up - decided to shut down the shard tomorrow, go fuck yourselves. ".... he'll also put an asterisk (*) that leads way down to the bottom of the page.

That * will follow up with " btw. Item insurance has been added for the final 24hrs. And everything is also free, if you beg from the dono vendors. Enjoy ! "

Mayhem ensues..

Young Star

Grandmaster
i liked getting the 3-5k from kills automatically in your bank. If it were implemented though eventually everyone would be running around with valorite runic weapons.

If there was a way to incentivize people to buy into a system where you can earn gold with kills and not get exploited by killing alts I would be all for it.

I also understand where the OP is coming from where there are several suits of armor and weapons that are essentially aesthetic. They have a lot of value from their scarcity so just sit as house deco or even just in a chest until the owner decides to sell for the next person to put in their house to collect dust.

Vokko

Expert
Does anyone know if theres a limit to faction blessed items "per rank" or whatever on this server, and if so what the numbers are? I've looked for hours on the net and can't find the list I remember... like 3 items faction blessed for Rank 2, 3 for Rank 3 and 4, 4 faction blessed items for Rank 5&6

Vokko

Expert
Speaking of Milita RULES... has anyone seen anything with that yet? I logged onto Test server and didn't see anything new..

Ludwig

Grandmaster
As an absolute pvmer who refuses to pvp, no. Insurance definitely falls into the category of awful UO ideas that helped kill the pay shards.