1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UO Forever Video Tutorials

Discussion in 'News' started by Blair, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Blair

Blair Moderator Staff Member

May 16, 2015
    We are going to be making some new video tutorials for newer players who may not have much experience with Ultima Online Forever.

This is an example of the sort of things we'd like to cover.

We are looking for issues to cover, so please feel free to respond with feedback / topics in this thread.
    If you are new, give us a topic you'd like us to cover for a video.
    If you are a veteran, try to remember back when you were new, what type of video would of made things much easier for you?

http://learn.uoforever.com will be the new "learning" central area for Ultima Online Forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
    23 people like this.
  2. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    How to make a character(7x).
    How to make gold.
    What to do if you see a PK.

6 people like this.
  3. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    As a companion some of the most common stuff are things that are addressed in Razor or Steam and even UO options like how to set a heal maco, llike bandageself; how to keep the lights on, how to use the UO Positioning System or the Steam map to follow guildies; how to change text color; how to check conquests; how to recall using charges in a book; the simple things that all players should know.

8 people like this.
  4. Omegaphlux

Omegaphlux Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Omegaphlux
    Omegaflux
    Led Questor
    An additional note on creating a 7x that Gluttony mentioned, I would be sure to include an explanation of skill modifiers and what skills complement each other such as eval, anat ect.

One of the first things I desired in the game after I had a way to make gold was a house. A tutorial on placing a house and customizing it. Might add it may be easier to purchase a preplaced plot these days.

MIBs and Treasure maps are also good ways new players can grow in skill and experience without a large guild for support.

5. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I think " How to make you first home" really helpful and i mean how to make this with 1200skill point in 1 account.

2 people like this.
  6. Ariakan99

Ariakan99 Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Great idea! A little known fact - in UOS you can also type -info to get the target cursor and item property window to see what hue and serial etc.

4 people like this.
  7. Kilike

Kilike Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Further expanding on the "what to do if you see a pk"

Recall home/bank macro, and hotkey.

Common items to carry: Pots,trapped pouches. Setting up hotkeys to use the pouches.

Recall restrictions(murder counts)

Same video can address reds being in town, changes to guard zone, brit bridge.

Just a few things I've noticed brought up recently.

Sent from my SM-G900P

8. MANKRIK

MANKRIK Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Brief guide on item modifiers (ruin/force/might/power/vanq, etc), slayer gear and so forth. Maybe include an approximate value for these items as well so newbies don't end up filling up their bank with ruin pitchforks.

4 people like this.
  9. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    One thing you could do is shadow a few new players. Document the topics covered to go back and record a video tutorial on those topics. Maybe record interactions when new players page in so you can compile videos for in game tutorials.

10. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    I personally would like a video for setting up and getting through most of the basics of playing in sallos.

11. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    for beginners the basic questions - how to start fast farm gold!
    please make a video how quickly train Provo_Archer

1) char creation (Magery, Archery)
    2) buy lute go to provo spot (use free rune libraries) train provo 100 + stats (str dex int)
    3) train Archery on Ettins, Ogres + use provo , farm low gold
    4) show some spots for normal gold farm

12. Keno W.

Keno W. Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Keno, Dudeguy, a different person,that one dude
    I've already been thinking about making a video on how-to solo each different level of treasure map, maybe I'll be doing it sooner than later :)

2 people like this.
  13. _n0x

_n0x Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Wow! I can't believe I've never heard of this. That's handy.

14. KOSH

KOSH Member

Oct 31, 2015
    this and:

Champs
    RDA
    Meta talisman
    Meta pet
    Slayer armor

2 people like this.
  15. icemanihi

icemanihi Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    It'd be nice to have videos addressing all the new content added on UOF. Most new players are old traditional UO players. Its very difficult to learn about the new (and fun looking) additions that KOSH mentioned.

16. GoD PaRtiCal

GoD PaRtiCal Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2016
    GoD ParTiCal
    Overview of the dungeons and their locations.

17. Xiulan

Xiulan Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Maybe lingo? It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about when they said pots, regs, mibs, mobs, bods, champs, ethys, statting, etc.

18. Volco

Volco Well-Known Member

May 1, 2016
    Volco
    a tutorial on how to see missing hues. a number of the MOTM cloth is black for a number of people

19. Tantreghan

Tantreghan Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2014
    tantreghan
    mr.smurf
    miss alyra arcana
    Mine is black. What do I do!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    Flagging (crim/innocent/perma-grey) is a mechanic of UO that i see a lot of people get very upset at because they don't understand it. Once you do understand it, however, you can potentially manipulate the world 2x+ as much. Very helpful for both defensive and offensive playstyles. I'd show the defensive side mostly however as most new players are probably trying to survive rather than PK or steal at first.