1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UO FOREVER TEAM Ask Us Almost Anything!

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Aug 26, 2014.

1. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    I always have felt that players should not be punished for doing something that is not posted as a rule. I don't believe I have ever read a shard rule stating that young players cannot join in on IDOCs especially when folks just gate to them from WBB advertising "Come! IDOC this way!".

If it's punishable in some form, like removing young status or banning, post it in the rules or don't enforce it.

2. Shane

Shane Guest

That can go both ways and goes deep into a very GREY area. If you're able to freely loot things, and not be able to lose them, and abuse that fact, that goes directly under abusing in game mechanics. By abusing it and not reporting it, you are doing all sorts of wrong, and most people know that. If it's "too good to be true" It probably is.

3. Shane

Shane Guest

Ask question, get answer, move on or take it to a PM with me.

4. Lexington

Lexington Grandmaster

Feb 20, 2013
    Regarding the new raffle for the bless deed.

I remember the first raffle... but I don't remember any talk about the second bless deed.... where did it come from?

5. Shane

Shane Guest

First one was a halberd done long long ago
    Second one was a war hammer

6. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    If a weapon is blessed , does it lose durability still like armor?

7. Shane

Shane Guest

Just like OSI and how weapons are now.

8. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    Heh, is that a yes?

9. Lexington

Lexington Grandmaster

Feb 20, 2013
    Thanks... but what I meant is... where did the second (deed) come from :)

Maybe the one I remember is the second one????

10. Nubias Noxxa

Nubias Noxxa Master

May 14, 2014
    Hey guys, first off great work on this shard. I have been here a few months and am enjoying much of my time spent here.

A while back I heard something about you guys creating your own client update. I believe it had something to do with the conquests though. Now that conquests are back in, is this still in the works? Or have you scrapped it?

I really dont want to update my client just to get snowy landscape and a doorbell. But if you guys make and update with more content/content ability, I would be glad to DL it.

11. Kael

Kael Master

Nov 26, 2012
    Recently a player run town had it's walls removed as the guild wasn't as active as it had previously been or potentially had players playing on another server. Aside from the fact that it punishes remaining players doesn't it also take away from the uniqueness, lore and history of the server?
    I remember my disappointment when the walls of that Skara Brae Dwarf rp village were taken down. I always felt that it was an awesome feature of UOF in that it customized the lands for its players.

12. Shane

Shane Guest

I think if a group gets large enough and supports us they should get extra's like walls etc. However if the majority is inactive, for sure there is no need for those walls to remain, right?

I think that's just fair, reward those who support us and are loyal and keep playing. People are welcome to play wherever they want of course, that's entirely their choice- however for us to continue to commemorate players that no longer play, even though we did extra things such as this. If players return in time, the wall can go back up but they will have to start from the bottom again. For instance TRINSIC guild was just handed an in town city hall for their guild. They play and support us, and give us zero troubles. IF they all quit, that hall would be taken away.

Same concept for houses basically, if you're innactive, your house falls.

2 people like this.
  13. Shane

Shane Guest

We are working on a few different things actually, and are even going to be taking a look at Sallos here. We do plan on doing our own client update, with an auto patcher. We are working on this currently.

2 people like this.
  14. lost

lost Grandmaster

Jul 22, 2014
  15. Shane

Shane Guest

An extra tile around a house? This is most likely due to basements being put into the server.
    I doubt this will be fixed depending, Adam would have to chime in but i believe it's a TON of script work just to let you place a house 1 tile larger.
    We have way more important things on the go right now for sure.

Maybe when things slow down.

16. lost

lost Grandmaster

Jul 22, 2014
    Ah even if the house doesnt have a basement? Yeah I understand, thanks for the fast reply :D

17. Budcookie

Budcookie Grandmaster

Feb 21, 2014
    Ive been running UOF Auction House for a month or so now with two very successful auctions. I epic failed this Tuesday and didnt get s screen shot, is there some sort of time archive you guys have that could show this. Second question is how do I get a thred stickyed? I have several players donating items to give to new pkayers and have been in touch with your companions, but I can't spread the word enough on my own to get newbies to come.

18. halygon

halygon Grandmaster

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    I have screen shots from the big auction before this last. I'll post when I get the chance.

19. Toguro-pac

Toguro-pac Expert

Jun 17, 2013
    what is our # for most unique IPs logged on? is it over 1k?
    (I'm asking how you are close to opening T2A btw)

20. Opentun

Opentun Adept

May 17, 2014
    Do any or all of the staff members have any legit characters you play on server with that come without admin privileges? Obviously they will remain anon. Maybe we have done a champ or pvped against them but never knew it?