1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UO FOREVER AMA - MAR 15, 2016

Discussion in 'News' started by Swayze, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Shane is looking to upload this to our youtube right now

2. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    @Adam @Shane It would be nice to see after Slaying the 20 Osiredon that you get a new Talisman like a golden hook for your paperdoll. Fishing skill scrolls only go to 120 with 2% for the rares. This Talisman will give you the 5% at rares chance with a gold increase with some new rares like a rum bottles,golden sea turtle, blessed fishing pools, new boat paint, 2 seahorse, or a Wheel Of The Galleon and it give you a boost at WP. Some player know without dragons doing a WP by yourself is a *****, but it can be done some times. It's better with 2 players. This talisman will work for one player at a WP for the Sea Only.

3. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Yea there is a lot of potential with talismans, we are looking into lots of ideas @Godsrage

2 people like this.
  4. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Thanks for all your questions!

Talismen and newly implemented meta type stuff will be expanded on a lot in the expansion, you will see.

3 people like this.
  5. Blackmartin

Blackmartin Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Working as intended

2 people like this.
  6. wreckognize

wreckognize Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Just wanna say thanks to the staff here for everything from hosting AMAs to dealing with angry script miners. If it wasn't for UOF, there wouldn't be a single shard worth playing on, and that's coming from a guy who plays games to have fun.

7 people like this.
  7. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    2 people like this.
  8. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    I think we got just a bit over 131 viewers listening/watching in.
    I will be uploading this entire video to our Youtube channel. Once it is uploaded we will post the full video and with that we will include quick links to each answer so you can easily skip to a certain question/answer within that video.

We didn't push this as much as we could have for sure and we were all unsure of the turnout or over-all care for the entire idea.
    It turned out well though and because of that we will do more in the future!

The entire idea behind this was to add some personality behind each staff member here. A few people perceive some staff members including myself as strict, hard handed, very serious type of people. The truth is all of us are far from that.
    However when it comes to certain things within the game we definitely can be.

Every single person soaks in what they read online in different ways. The way we may respond or "come off as" sometimes is not always the way you may think. This really hasn't been a HUGE issue with UO FOREVER Staff, but it's definitely something we would love to work on with the community.
    I've really noticed it with my own responses honestly. I get so busy that i give short responses that probably deserve more.
    If someone asks "How do i obtain a mount/horse?"
    I can respond : "You buy one from the stablemaster."
    OR
    I can respond: "Hey man! You can obtain a mount or horse through the stable master in any major city. If you have any more questions feel free to page in again or look into the companion help system for extensive help from experienced players".

There's a huge difference between each answer there. So what's happening is we are starting to see some growing pains server wide and part of that is how we communicate with players. Because of this, it can make myself or other staff come off as a cold/hardened person when in fact we are just trying to help so many people while doing many other things at once.

@Swayze Did a great job organizing and MCing the entire broadcast.

We have great things in store! What we mentioned about the expansion is only a fraction of what we have planned.

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  9. parsnip

parsnip Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Looks like there were some interesting topics covered! :cool: I'll definitely be catching up by watching it on YouTube.

10. shinapova

shinapova Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Awesome AMA, listened on Twitch earlier today.

and I finally see Shane's character in game, that mount is so cool.
    [e woohoo!

11. Lolitah

Lolitah Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Lolitah
    Will you be making idoc's accessible to more players other than idoc guilds?

12. Keltonator

Keltonator Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2014
    ???

13. Lothar

Lothar Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Just wanted to thank the Staff for doing this. Was really good to get so many questions answered openly and honestly. I don't think anyone held back on the questions or the answers side. I recommend this being an annual thing.

14. pacrsfan

pacrsfan Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    maurl
    Yes was fun to hear staff talk instead of just seeing what they type,Unfortunely none of my questions were answered.Maybe next time

2 people like this.
  15. Lexington

Lexington Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    For those of us that missed out.... can you post a link once the YouTube video is uploaded?

16. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    bummed i had to miss it. i hope to hear the recording when it gets posted. Or even a transcript

17. parsnip

Jul 11, 2013
    Is it really lame that I got a kick from having my questions read out? :) Very cool AMA, nice to put a voice and personality to the staff members.

18. parsnip

Jul 11, 2013
    3 people like this.
  19. Voldamorte

Voldamorte Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Mystikalz...Voldamorte....Blue Arrow....Mystikbeast....Iron Clad....Full Metal

just buy a pet summoning ball and some charges for your pets...never have to worry about someone stealing your pet again easy solution to your problem

2 people like this.
  20. Godsrage

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage