1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever's THREE YEAR Anniversary!

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MANKRIK

MANKRIK Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Great shard, great staff, very active forum PvP scene. What more could one want?

6 people like this.
  2. Karl Sagan

Karl Sagan Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    3 years since I went gay for UOF...seems like just yesterday!

I remember when we were getting DDOS'd and so many people were like fuck those assholes, LONG LIVE UOF I'm never leaving!

Thats what this community is like IMO, just resilient and full of people who love UO and appreciate UOF.

7 people like this.
  3. Easy Cheese

Easy Cheese Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    I knew it!

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Um everyone already did. You're way behind the times, bruh.

5. a magical man

a magical man Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I started playing on my birthday January 23rd, you can bet I'll have a tipsy day in the lands of Ultima Online FOREVER :D (accepting gifts)

6. Afro Man

Afro Man Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I have char's in all the top guild's but you will never know who I am
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. a magical man

a magical man Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Thats the perfect gift.

8. temujin

temujin Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. Maller

Maller Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Maller
    I had not played UO since the 90's and quit when Trammel ruined everything. About a year-and-a-half ago, some RL friends told me it was free-to-play here. I've been on at least a little everyday since, thanks to so great group of players that have become friends. Whether you are green, blue, or red: see you on the field!

2 people like this.
  10. ElsaJean

ElsaJean Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Happy 3rd-year anniversary UOF and many more to come!!!! I just want to say thanks to the great staff that we have here. There is always so much to do here in game and to have such a great community UOF:)

4 people like this.
  11. Leviathan

Leviathan Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Leviathan
    I have to take a break every year due to work but I always return in the winter. Thanks for keeping this server healthily populated and running!

12. halygon

halygon Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Halygon
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. Captain_Zlog

Captain_Zlog Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Much thanks to the Shane, Adam, and everyone who has a hand in keeping this shard up, running, and constantly coming up with new content to keep things interesting. I've been playing UO since 1998, when I started maining a disarm thief on Great Lakes. Perhaps it was the amazingness of UO at that time, or maybe the internet revolution as a whole, but those still stand as some of my very best gaming memories. Naturally, UO was completely destroyed for me with the introduction of Pub 16, I tried adjusting, for awhile, but realized the magic was gone.

Flash forward to around 4-5 years ago, I find the shard-that-shall-not-be-named. Initially, it felt right. AlMOST like being "back in the day". Had some very very good times, there, too. Ultimately, though, I found myself consistently wishing for something...more (or, as it were, less). This was still not the UO I remembered or loved. I...WAND-ered...what it was that kept me unconvinced, for a long time.

Long story short, finally reached the final evolutionary form of UO freesharding, in UO:F, and have truly felt like I finally made it back to the UO I loved so much--as a kid--and now love so much, again, cleverly disguised as an adult. Bravo and a tip of the hat, UOF Staff. It's been a bumpy ride, as is the case with communities as well as with internet culture, but uh....as long as the bumps aren't as brutal as Pub 16 was, I think we'll all be ok! Thanks for your commitment!

2 people like this.
  14. Experience

Experience Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    Experience, Telemain, Berethrax
    Twas a cold december night...and I was bored out of my mind. It had been a couple years since UO had been a part of my life, when a dear friend told me about UOF. So I re-installed UO and logged in. The rest is history and here I am still today. Broke and grinding to make money haha

Thank you Shane,Adam, Eppy, and all other staff involved in making this server what it is today.
    I have never seen such a dedicated staff. 3 Years seem so long yet has gone by so fast. But I can see this server lasting many more years to come

4 people like this.
  15. Dimok

Dimok Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Dimok
    Magus
    What time do the festivities start? Tons of people on brit bank atm

16. Kazinon

Kazinon Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    @Shane new donation items tonight?!? make some special ones for the 3 years anni?!?!? NEVER COMING BACK ITEMS!! PRZZZZZZZZZZ

17. JennaL

JennaL Moderator Staff Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Happy Birthday, UOF!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the supporters of UO Forever for all you have done to make this such a great shard to be a part of. Because of your support and commitment our community here has only evolved and grown stronger, even while suffering through numerous DDoS attacks and other near-crippling circumstances.

Huge thanks to both community and staff (past and present) for making this shard so consistently amazing. Here's to another three years of insanity.

7 people like this.
  18. Dig'em

Dig'em Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Congrats UOF :) wish I could join in the fun, although I did get to enjoy the 6am RDA at BWB

19. Omegaphlux

Omegaphlux Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Omegaphlux
    Omegaflux
    Led Questor
    Conga Rats on three years! Thank you for bringing back the best game ever conceived, making it free, and taking it to the next level.

No matter what your pleasure/game style, Ultima has survived as a community of friends and enemies but with one thing in common; respect. Even though they are a part of the nostalgia, the flamers and toxic complainers always come and go while the constructive player base keeps it strong and rebuilds what the others tear down in their ignorance.

Thank you for your hard work focusing on quality mechanics while continuing to create exciting content. I cannot imagine the challenge of developing events and items on the fly for a living game while keeping balance in the economy and combat system.

Please do not let the negative players poison the community. I have seen examples of constructive players and those that feed on controversy. I have seen the best and worst in GMs when they have had too much and put the community on blast and when they have humbled themselves openly. When you take off all the faces we tend to wear and be real for a minute, mutual respect is a necessity to stay strong as a community.

Here's to many more years. Ultima Online Forever!

20. TriXa

TriXa Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    yea Happy BDay from me to..