1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever: Zombie Land 2016

Discussion in 'Events' started by Shane, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    That is true being able to choose your time out of the main event would do a lot of good, as far as giving an additional goal and having that crunch time feel without creating a separate event.

2. Real Sir Dwayne

Real Sir Dwayne Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Stop make zombieland plz it kill server totaly worthless

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

3. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Sometime i spawn(if i correct remember it's desert) where the birds were everywhere.

4. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Lotta feathers in the desert but few logs.
    Lotta logs in the forest but few feathers.

Love it. In order to get established you basically have to do it on green. When cutting your teeth (and also trees, you should be hoarding logs early) in the woods zombies will eventually become a mere nuisance and no longer your primary target. You'll find you're on a constant mission to pluck the feathers of avians to appease the archery gods.

When you have stuffed your pack with sufficient wood and run barefoot in the deserts you have become the archery god and you shall reap the rewards, and O will they be plenty.

5. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Sorry slow night at the office and I'm still on a zombieland high, while we are on the subject of archery I would like to issue an apology to a player I killed Saturday night during the event, whoever you are.

We met south of the Papua swamp. You said hi. I said hello. You asked if I needed anything to which I replied "everything"

I kept that power +10 bow until they shut the shit down. That bow truly was everything.

6. PekatronIII

Jan 9, 2015
    2 words: cache chest

7. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    NO. I shouldn't be saying these things, but here's a zombieland protip:

Use an alt character from the very start. Get them to a safe place and macro hiding to a reasonable amount, you don't have to go crazy. Then go play your main and use your alt as your cache chest. Xfer, hide him, and log him out. You'll log in revealed but you can usually get off a hide before getting aggro when you first log in (which is why you train to 50ish)

Your alt char can't be dug up by some random.

Your cache chest can't grow legs and come to you or fight if it needs to.

You can stash your stuff anywhere you want with almost 100% safety this way.

3 people like this.
  8. PekatronIII

Jan 9, 2015
    Altchar not a multi accounting like a champ ? strange [​IMG]

9. drasked

drasked Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2015
    You can track and see exactly where people are that are logged out. Be careful :)

10. Bromista

Apr 12, 2013
    Hey man if you wanna stand there and just wait all day for chars with names you wouldn't ever recognize to log in be my guest haha.

11. drasked

Oct 7, 2015
    Trust me, i won't. Just saying in zombie land it works kind of weird, where you can still track and be blocked by people who are logged out. You can even attack them but they are immune.

3 people like this.
  12. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    That's exactly what Flube did. I hid and was about to go log and watched him run right up to me, reveal and kill me.
    =/ no loves at all

3 people like this.
  13. PekatronIII

Jan 9, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. shirtandpantsman

shirtandpantsman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2015
    shirtandpantsman

people definitely put a lot more thought into this stuff than me, but this was my first zombieland. I really wanted to do more archery but I didn't want to uninstall my stump hack to chop trees

i just went with the brute force no thinking just slaying approach, which resulted in me dying exactly 400 times

at the end of the weekend I had gone through half a gallon of vodka, about a dozen NOS energy drinks, and a quarter oz of weed to keep going

I had to take yesterday off work to recover

5 people like this.
  15. shirtandpantsman

shirtandpantsman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2015
    shirtandpantsman
    thought we were getting some sort of prize tonight for top 50?

7 people like this.
  16. drasked

Oct 7, 2015
    Only top 3 from what i read on http://discord.uoforever.com. LAWL!

17. PekatronIII

Jan 9, 2015
    [​IMG] Expectancy
    Real [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    dont worry guys again talking out his butt about things he knows nothing about lol.

19. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    I heard it was top 3 for the serpent's hold zombie invasion and top 50 for zombieland. So far 0/2 with those. Zland they should just scale the points for the rewards they did the last 2-3 zland events. They are pretty cool rewards and haven't been obtainable for over a year and a half. I can understand that taking some time to balance out the costs to reflect the scores participants got for that event.

As for the invasion I don't really care one way or another I would just like to know if they never planned to give anything out or if its a matter of not getting around to it yet.

2 people like this.
  20. FAMARA

FAMARA Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    it takes the staff time, im sure they are going to do exactly what you are saying, but sometimes the staff are so busy rewards and stuff from events like this sometimes take up to a couple weeks. you'll start to understand this after doing enough events on uoforever , but they will not forget about competitors! (doesnt hurt to remind sometimes tho .)