1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever: Zombie Land 2016

Discussion in 'Events' started by Shane, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE ZOMBIE EVENT!

REWARDS WILL BE GIVEN OUT ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18TH

[​IMG]

We are once again running our famous Zombie Survival event.

• YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS SKILLS OR ITEMS BEING EDITED IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL CONTROL A "ZOMBIE AVATAR" DURING THE EVENT.

• DUE TO THE SHORT DURATION OF THIS EVENT, PLAYERS WILL BEGIN WITH NEAR GM SKILLS
    OBJECTIVES
    This is just an interim run of the event. There are no objectives. The top 50 players will receive a small reward for participating.

*While the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere

NEVER PLAYED ZOMBIELAND BEFORE?

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY

If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzdFua5jRng

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY IF THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ZOMBIELAND FAQ

Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

Q: Are there any mounts?
    A: No mounts at all!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
    16 people like this.
  2. Dracule

Dracule Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Awesome!

3. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    anyone have that z land macro for it

4. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all those that haven't done Zombieland before; you need to set up a custom hotkey profile to play it. Here is a guide:

Basically set a Arcade profile so that you have hotkeys mapped on your numberpad that say the msg "!#" corresponding to each number of your numberpad.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/arcade-mode-beginners-guide.48487/

Here is a FAQ from a previous Zombieland Survivor event:

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/zombieland-mini-event-8-15-2015.64317/#post-456747

@Shane can correct me if I am wrong. I am assuming this zombie event will have a lot of the same mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
    4 people like this.
  5. smile it's me

smile it's me Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    yesh

6. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    OMG! YAY!

4 people like this.
  7. Snowcrunch

Snowcrunch Active Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Zombieland. Well, I'll take what i can get to visit T2A on Forever. < Hint :O)

8. Peav

Peav Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    What time does it start? @Shane

9. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Would also appreciate if a specific start time could be announced...I have some extra vacation days I need to use up but won't bother if it's not up until after 5. Plzthx.

3 people like this.
  10. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    IT will start on Friday afternoon most likely and end Sunday sometime in the evening.

4 people like this.
  11. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm miraculously off work this weekend! I have a lot of stuff I'm supposed to do around the house.

Key words: supposed to

2 people like this.
  12. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Will there be a quest again?

2 people like this.
  13. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Yeah the antidote and everything is all in.
    Adam's talking about adding in a feature where you can get sick and you have XX time to live and you can pass the sickness onto other people haha. It will be fun.

4 people like this.
  14. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    STARTING IN TWO HOURS!
    EDITED ORIGINAL POST:

We are once again running our famous Zombie Survival event.

• YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS SKILLS OR ITEMS BEING EDITED IN ANY WAY. YOU WILL CONTROL A "ZOMBIE AVATAR" DURING THE EVENT.

• DUE TO THE SHORT DURATION OF THIS EVENT, PLAYERS WILL BEGIN WITH NEAR GM SKILLS
    OBJECTIVES
    This is just an interim run of the event. There are no objectives. The top 50 players will receive a small reward for participating.

*While the Zombie event is running, type [z or [zombieland to access to the zombieland UI. To speak in the zombie general chat, type [zc messagehere

NEVER PLAYED ZOMBIELAND BEFORE?

See the following video tutorial here. The main mechanics in the video are the same. However, you will start with less skills in this version of the event!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxCjfUiZDMY

If you can't watch the music version, here's one with the music stripped out.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzdFua5jRng

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAQ INFORMATION IN THE VIDEO CAPTION! IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY IF THINGS GOING WRONG BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ZOMBIELAND FAQ

Q: Do I need to bring a finished character, regs and stuff for this?
    A: No, a character is provided with a particular starting skill set and gear.

Q: Can I wear special clothing into the event?
    A: Yes you can, but by doing so, you accept full responsibility for the clothing if it goes missing. We will not replace lost clothing.

Q: How do I chat with other players?
    A:Type [ZC MESSAGEGOESHERE

Q: Do I need to toggle my skills and stats to up?
    A: Yes. There is no skill cap while in zombieland. All of your skills start very low and you must train them up.

Q: What keys do I need to bind?
    A: You must bind !1 through !9 to your directional numbered keypad located near your right hand. Bind !1 to 1 and so on.

Q: Why am I attacking so slow? I can't even kill a single zombie!
    A: This event relies on an arcade-like approach to fighting where you actually have to AIM your attacks. All weapons attack super slow by default for this event because you can say !1, !2, !3, etc up to !9 to attack in that direction (as shown in the video). You can swing quite fast this way, but the slower the weapon, the slower you swing. If you try to swing too fast, you simply create extra delay for yourself.

Q: When I press any key, Razor always executes the same macro.
    A: This is a Razor glitch that happens every once in a while. Unfortunately the only solution that I have found is to restart your computer.

Q: What do I do if I spawned on a cliff or in a wall and can't get out?
    A: Say "I don't want to live" and you will respawn. YOU MUST INCLUDE THE APOSTROPHE (i.e. "I dont want to live" will NOT work!)

Q: Where do I get gear?
    A: Gear spawns on zombies and corpses, with a low chance to spawn magical weapons and armor (NOTE: WEAPONS AND ARMOR MUST BE ID'ed USING Item Identification SKILL FOR YOU TO GET THE BONUS!)

Q: Why do I only spawn with 5 bandages?
    A: The zombie apocalypse happened fast and you didn't have time to prepare for it, sorry.

Q: I just keep dying over and over and over.
    A: Yes, lots of casualties happen in a zombie apocalypse... BUT eventually you will be somebody who happened to appear in a more defensible position and you will be able to get a foothold and survive (and after getting some gear and possibly friends, zombies will be a much smaller threat)!

Q: What can I do about the gank squads running around killing me a lot.
    A: Some players decide to hunt other players, and this is allowed. Teaming up is your best bet. Remember, skills aren't lost when you die, so you are always progressing!

Q: Are there any mounts?
    A: No mounts at all!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
    2 people like this.
  15. Popstarpirate

Popstarpirate Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Le Fondel, HandThatHands,WhatsMinedIsMine, Craf'Tar, Dangles Shamely, Dirty Thoughts
    First few minutes of zombie land: This is not fun...
    *reads FAQ + figures out how to best use hotkeys
    Finds a power corner to live in, and starts training hiding. THIS IS THE BEST!!!!

2 people like this.
  16. Firecrest

Firecrest Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Firecrest
    Yes, once you get the macros down, this is a good game, I had a nice corner got too brave and ventured too far.

17. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Why no one steam macro doesnot work? it's bug or "specifeic event mechanic" o_O

18. Coorhagen

Coorhagen Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    A lot of monsters attacked me and so I ran for safety....I found a group of players who then attacked me.....those players were the real monsters....

3 people like this.
  19. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    So its Sunday evening (almost Monday morning) could we get an update on expected end time please.

3 people like this.
  20. Ionized

Ionized Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Top 50 get something like previously said?