1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever: Wretched Easter Event! Apr. 19th/20th, 2014

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Apr 18, 2014.

1. asics

asics Grandmaster

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia

on a server that i worked on.. i put on easter some Golden easter eggs spawn into strange places..

players that collect more egges got a prize..was fun ^^

2. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    can i ''play'' on your ''shard'' asics *sensual wink* ; )

nah jk looks cool tho

3. asics

asics Grandmaster

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    mr montana,

O_O its a pleasure!

but.. what you mean with "nah jk looks cool tho"? as you know im not english\american, so sometime i miss something! :)

you liked the idea?

4. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    love the idea and your previous ideas! I wish you were staff here because you seem to have a fast paced imagination for rare item ideas! But i wouldn't play on whatever scrub server you got runnin brosef, not unless you paid me looool !!!!

jokes!!

2 people like this.
  5. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    now im really looking forward to it
    jus sayin

6. Sobz

Sobz Master

Dec 2, 2013
    ;)

7. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    Holy shit, an event-related jenny jugs post that doesn't involve boasting/gloating of some sort?

Whaaaaaat? Something is fishy here.

8. Hanebu

Hanebu Master

Jun 30, 2013
    Has this already started?

9. drinn

drinn Grandmaster

Jan 13, 2014
    Thormod Thrand
    I don't want to sound rude, but mystery regarding event times is once again up. When it will actually start? Now I'm seeing confused ppl around IRC. And please support European players sometimes!

10. asics

asics Grandmaster

Jul 30, 2013
    IlTamatore - Florencia
    im not running any server, cause i know there is lot of work behind..
    and honestly.. i think this will be the big one last server or maybe one of the lastest :)

right now staff its really busy on a lot of things..but i hope they will consider some of my ideas ;)

11. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    ? The event will be over 24 hours long. This was designed in this fashion purely to show that everyone, of every timezone has a chance to participate... not sure where the please support European players comment comes from...
    As for the Event itself, it's not too far away, not even Noon where I live, and the initial post explained 'noonish'.
    In-game updates will be given to give advanced warning, as we'll need to do a brief restart to implement the Event patch.

Thanks for your patience.

4 people like this.
  12. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    *taps fingers on table*

Hey us being impatient just means we're looking forward to it!

2 people like this.
  13. Staff

Staff Young Player Help

Feb 11, 2013
    I'll run it by Shane to see if we can extend the collecting part of the event till Monday to compensate for any lost time today.

14. drinn

drinn Grandmaster

Jan 13, 2014
    Thormod Thrand
    The event could be over during the night, when Europeans are sleeping and then Americans will find all the eggs (if I understood event's idea). And when Europeans log in next day they won't probably find any eggs.

Thanks for the answer. I support what you are doing for UO, but somehow I wish better for European players. It's a growing segment here, which hopefully you will understand.

15. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Gonna just disregard that.
    The event is a MULTI-hour/day event. Eggs aren't spawned, they're retrieved by looting from corrupted spawned mobs.
    The "cache of eggs" won't dry up until the Event ends.

As I stated, the event is designed with multiple time-zones in mind. It was the first thing that was taken into consideration.

The original post even states that it's not just a few hours. It takes place over quite a few. (sat-sun).
    And we'll even be extending it, as we're just finishing up some CTF bug fixes in the process.

5 people like this.
  16. xRDXx

xRDXx Neophyte

Feb 23, 2014
    I am just happy to have a cool event :)....

2 people like this.
  17. Skye Wolfbane

Skye Wolfbane Governor of Trinsic

Jan 22, 2013
    Skye Wolfbane, Lynnissia Leoden, Hunter Lorde, Calico Jack, Jade Nevaeh
    Is there anyway to get an ETA perhaps? I can't sit at the computer from noon until whenever so I'm doing stuff and checking back here and there but even a guestimate would be helpful. Obviously, the "noonish' time is well past. Not trying to be a pain just would like to plan.

18. jkg8787

jkg8787 Master

Apr 5, 2014
    The shard was just restarted and there may or may not be a purple bunny at Brit Bank giving a quest...

19. Bryce

Bryce Adept

Mar 31, 2014
    Sorry for the inconvenience, server coming back up.
    Reminder: In order for corrupted mobs to start spawning, existing mobs will need to be wiped out.
    Corrupted mobs have different droprate %'s. lower for lower end mobs, but more for higher (essentially time spent killing, and allows newer players to contribute).
    Can see the Herald at WBB, as well as reward tiers.
    Otherwise, you can find the grove in the Hedge Maze. I suggest you mark runes!

20. wreckognize

wreckognize Grandmaster

Jan 21, 2013
    where is the fountain? cant seem to find it

is it in brit?