1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever Shows Love 4 Harvey & Irma Flood Victims

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shane, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

Hail Citizens of Ultima Online Forever!
    As everyone around the world knows hurricane Harvey and Irma have taken its toll on many area's of the United States and the Caribbean. We have many players in the United States areas that have been affected so what we want to do is set up a donation chest at the West Britain Bank where anyone can drop donation coins into which will be 100% directly donated to these causes.
    Also:

For each donation coin dropped into that chest the Ultima Online Forever staff will match it.

[​IMG]

This will be set up upon next reboot at the West Britain Bank! Let's see what we can do as a community.
    If you wish to take part in this you can obtain donation coins HERE.
    If you cannot donate, you can purchase donation coins from many players selling them daily and drop those ones into the chest.

We have done this previously a couple times and it worked out extremely well.
    Thank you everyone!

FINAL UPDATE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLAYERS DONATED: $1,600.00 WORTH OF COINS
    + STAFF DOUBLES DOWN: $1600.00

THIS WEEK WE WILL BE DONATING
    $3,200.00
    TO A CHARITY THAT @eppy PICKS.

Thank you all for your generous donations! We will be posting the receipt in this thread once it has been completed for you all to see.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017 at 6:08 AM
  2. StrawberryInYourFace

StrawberryInYourFace Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    That's an amazing idea Shane. Thank you.

3. Pirant

Pirant Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wow this is so very cool!

Cheers

Shane likes this.
  4. JackPalance

JackPalance Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2015
    JackPalance
    This is a great idea. I just returned from a Texas gulf coast town about 20 miles from Rockport where Harvey hit. I will try to describe the situation as eloquently as I can, shit is fucked up.
    Irma is going to be worse. Please help if you can.

Shane likes this.
  5. SidX

SidX Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Sid
    Awesome! Will be dropping some coins in!

In 2012 Hurricane Sandy made landfall in the US just miles from my home in New Jersey, and the destruction was inexplicably devastating.. families had no power for weeks, you could see parents walking with their kids down highways in dirty clothes to any store that had food or bottles of water, and so many homes were either destroyed or burned down from electrical fires that schools had to be closed for weeks so they could act as shelters instead.. to this day you can still see the destruction caused by Sandy in many places.. beaches haven't opened, boardwalks are still gone, and where houses used to be are dirt lots along the shore.

To anyone in Texas or the south right now, the pain and struggle is so real. Can't imagine what it's like down in the south right now since it sounds like they were hit even harder then we were with Sandy. Let's get this donate chest full! Even the value of 500 donos is enough to buy a family dinner.

6. Todd

Todd New Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Very awesome of you to do this! Those of us in Florida appreciate it!

7. Zan Dar

Zan Dar Member

Jan 16, 2014
    This is awesome, I live in South Florida and the people can use the help. I was out of power for 3 days and I had it easy compared to others. This is why I love this game even after 20 years.

8. Clearwater

Clearwater Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Nocturnal, Clearwater
    A great cause to support. I help with an organization that did relief work for Katrina, Sandy and other disasters. We work with Organic Valley among other generous people and places. Worth looking into. Some of the big name relief organizations spend more money they get in overhead than they do in the actual situation. Here is a link to some real good and loving people, worth looking into. It is a grass roots organization that pretty much sprung out of the Rainbow Family.

https://unitedpeacerelief.org/

9. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Thank you for this,

If anyone has any other legitimate charities that are solely helping the flood victims please post the link here.

10. Randale

Randale New Member

Apr 29, 2017
    GERMAN AT. , Randale , Ran al'Thor
    very, very nice. you get my coins from germany !

11. Clearwater

Clearwater Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Nocturnal, Clearwater
  12. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    WOW!
    You guys are amazing, not even a week yet and we are at 111,250 donation coins donated which turns into over $500.00 USD in Donation coins, and with Ultima Online Forever staff doubling it, that makes it already over $1000.00 !!!

Amazing, our community is something else when we come together.
    We are just getting started with this as well! Let's go for $2000.00!

13. Shane

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post

FINAL UPDATE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PLAYERS DONATED: $1,600.00 WORTH OF COINS
    + STAFF DOUBLES DOWN: $1,600.00

THIS WEEK WE WILL BE DONATING
    $3,200.00
    TO A CHARITY THAT @eppy PICKS.

Thank you all for your generous donations! We will be posting the receipt in this thread once it has been completed for you all to see.​