1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online: Forever Launcher Redux *Beta*

Discussion in 'News' started by Staff, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    @mental militia you have tree hack enabled.

If u don't like it and want to see the trees again u can disable it via the same launcher that you used to update (supposedly) but I can't find it there. One of the other launchers posted in this thread will allow u to disable it if u can find it I the version of the ,quencher you are using

2. Tard the Paladin

Tard the Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Tard the Paladin
    I must admit even I had trouble finding the tree hack after switching over to the UOP files. The mulpatcher is what I used in the past and it wasn't too difficult but for the less computer savvy it might seem daunting.

Blaine's brought up a good point. Having a well known go to location for info like this would be better than having to search all over to find the info. Other players have also mentioned that it would be very reassuring if the patch notes were diligently updated. There have been several updates that made significant changes to game play that weren't mentioned in the patch notes. It would give the player base peace of mind if the patch notes were documented and updated each time a change is made. If a change is worth the effort to code then it is probably worth the effort to document.

3. Crow Blackheart

Crow Blackheart Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Mersur Crusade, Crow Blackheart, Raven Blackheart
    Ok so I tried installing this on a Win 10 system. The problem I am having is the Install UO Button doesnt work. So since the Install UO button does not work it will not switch to a play button. The launcher was updated. I have installed the correct version of UO and made sure all the paths are correct. No other version of UO is on the system. Is anyone else using a Win 10 system having this issue?

4. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    That install button has not worked once for me either FYI....so it's not just you on win10. I've seen other posts of people complaining that the install uo button from the launcher isn't working for them either.

5. Crow Blackheart

Crow Blackheart Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Mersur Crusade, Crow Blackheart, Raven Blackheart
    Well after rebooting several times, uninstalling and reinstalling and updating once more and more reboots I finally got it working. But ugh what a head ache

6. Metal Militia

Metal Militia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Orgon
    Magiikus
    Chazer
    Thanks for the Tree Hack option button info........

Confirmed - INSTALL UO button does not work - Win 7, 64bit

- Orgon

7. Lotus

Lotus Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    anyone have another link to try besides the install uo button from the launcher? The google drive one that was posted here didn't work for me either. I was trying to update but decided to uninstall because updating didn't remedy the graphics issue so thought fresh install would be best. But now I cant even download the client to try a fresh install.

8. Lotus

Lotus Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Trying a little magic trick

Win Update

:thumbsup

9. Lotus

Lotus Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Tried to download via the launcher with no luck yet. I have downloaded other software in the past couple days. Anyway so I decided to try a fresh install of the old client which I had saved and I got this error after installing:

System.InvalidOperationException: This Razor installation is corrupted.
    at Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

I might try the one from OSI later or tomorrow maybe. But if someone has a copy of the new client maybe you can upload it somewhere or torrent it. The launcher here says a download is in progress (with no progress shown) but never downloads... Thanks.

10. pacrsfan

pacrsfan Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2014
    maurl
    I looked everywhere for the tree hack, What am I missing?

11. Lotus

Lotus Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    before I uninstalled everything..a couple weeks ago.. I did the update and it worked..the tree hack was easy you just click a box that u want. But certain graphics still were not included. For example I could not see the ethy tiger..it was invisible when mounted but if logged out and back in it showed as white horse. but if I dismounted again it was invisible again. So I decided to uninstall completely and delete folders but now cant download the complete client to re-install fresh. So I need the complete client somehow to try it that way.

12. Metal Militia

Jun 10, 2015
    Orgon
    Magiikus
    Chazer
    @pacrsfan - Tree Hack Option is located under options (top left) in the launcher. Its right by your RAZOR, SALLOS & UOS directory mappings.

[​IMG]

13. Metal Militia

Jun 10, 2015
    Orgon
    Magiikus
    Chazer
    @Lotus; I did that also on my laptop. I uninstalled everything and successfully re-installed everything.

Download the client the old way per UOF website. Extract the RAR. Install client in default directory - Electronic Arts...... (RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) - this re-installs Razor also.

Then, download the UO Launcher from the link in the beginning of this thread (or Skye's link).

Extract the launcher - Make sure you RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Once launcher is installed, run UPDATE (you may have to do this several times).

Note: Watch out for the TREE HACK OPTION. Leave this unchecked if you want to see the trees (this got me earlier LOL).

Hope this helps!!!

[​IMG]

14. Lotus

Lotus Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks a lot Metal Militia. Yeah I downloaded the client the old way but looks like razor isn't installing for some reason. A razor folder is created in program files(x86) with 1.84 MB of data. However I get this error when trying to open UOF after the install:

then a folder is created in Documents/Ultima Online/Ultima Programs Installed with a notepad file labeled "Crash" with this in the notepad file:

Exception @ 08-06-15 08:00:59.0921

even if I go to update manager with the new layout before I try to open the client it doesn't see anything to update.

Possibly when I uninstalled and deleted I might of deleted something I shouldn't have?? If no one has any ideas I may have to reformat computer and reinstall windows. Not sure at the moment just want to settle this in next few days somehow.

15. Metal Militia

Jun 10, 2015
    Orgon
    Magiikus
    Chazer

Lotus -

the default location for UO should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic"
    the default location for RAZOR should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Razor"

Make sure that those apps are actually located where indicated. If RAZOR is absent, create a folder called Razor at "C:\Program Files (x86)", then click the "download" button which will show up by the BROWSE. It will tell you that its in the download queue. Close the option pane and click update again. It should download and install RAZOR in that location.

Again, I have Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bit. Hope this helps!

[​IMG]

16. PekatronIII

PekatronIII Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Upadate client and i cant get there Booty Island( tree and water around):mad:
    when i upadate old launcher no problem:mad:
    but old client not found update anymoreo_O just searching update long long time
    :mad:

17. Dark Merlin

Dark Merlin Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2014
    how do you install sallos?

18. Metal Militia

Jun 10, 2015
    Orgon
    Magiikus
    Chazer
    Hello Merlin, -O- here.

1) Open the UO Launcher
    2) Goto OPTIONS (uppler left hand of launcher)
    3) At the line "SALLOS LOCATION", select the location and click BROWSE.
    4) If asked, create a folder at the default location - name the folder SALLOS
    5) Close the OPTIONS pane
    6) Repeat step 2
    7) Notice - there is a Download button next to Sallos now
    8) Click download. That's it.
    9) To access Sallos, repeat step 2 above and click the Sallos option

Cheers

• [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. Shmufle

Shmufle Member

Jan 23, 2013
    So.. how can I get all of the custom content working on windows XP?

Is there even a way currently? If not, do you plan on supporting XP in the future?

Ty!

3 people like this.
  20. thestand

thestand Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    I doubt they are doing much for windows xp support. It's time for you to upgrade!

2 people like this.