1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultima Online Forever Facebook Campaign

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Shane

Shane Guest

Hey everyone,
    In the next month here you will notice some Facebook page changes.
    We have decided to go with a local company here and do a "1 like for 1 dollar" charity give away.

So...
    For every "like" we get in the next month here we will be donating $1.00 UP TO a total of $1000.00 to the local food bank here in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (Where me and Adam are from)

This is the first time we have done a public charitable campaign of such, and i think it would be neat that maybe next year we could do a poll to see where everyone are from, and we can start picking other city food banks to give back to, very possibly one you live in.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    23 people like this.
  2. TyraeL!

TyraeL! Master

Apr 3, 2014
    Yea that $1,000 will be comped by Maulme/Spearsman within the hour anyway so no worries. Well done.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  3. The Grixxitt

The Grixxitt Apprentice

Feb 7, 2013
    Really cool guys.

I know a couple of us are from New Orleans. Unfortunately I don't do facebook, but God knows there are people here who need the help

3 people like this.
  4. Shane

Shane Guest

Yeah if you do your research, i helped look into this a few years ago as part of my old job and we found out that the food banks are pretty much the best way to do a money based donation.

In fact donating money to the food banks is better than giving food to them, as they get special pricing for food. So they can actually buy MORE food at a lower cost than any average person could come across.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    12 people like this.
  5. Poon Doctor

Poon Doctor Master

Oct 21, 2013
  6. Chop

Chop Journeyman

Nov 21, 2014
    Very cool guys. Good idea

*thumbs up* from a fellow Canadian. I am near Fernie BC

7. Kazbad1200

Kazbad1200 Neophyte

Jul 22, 2013
    Excellent idea on all levels. I also like the idea about polling to see where we can as a community help most!! Keep up the hard work, it's appreciated. May positive karma rain down on the staff.

8. Hyjinx

Hyjinx Neophyte

Oct 6, 2014
    Hyjinx
    So is it just the main UOF FB page, or will you be starting another? Great idea & seriously just say the word so I can flip the switch...I've got years of liking shit for no reason other than someone asked me to & a carefully selected herd of E-minions set to be unleashed on a noble cause.

in lieu of "moar boobies" I'll chose this!...wait were boobies an option? Like, we hit 1000 in a week & admins post Xmas n00ds?

(off to ponder the knowledge of an all male admin staff...:/)

9. Strixamaholic

Strixamaholic Master

Oct 21, 2014
    ROUGH RIDERS. Youd think with all that flat land in the Sask there would be tons of food, or a hockey team. But good on you, I know food banks here in Vancouver struggle to meet demand all year round and the holiday season they are bare. 1000 likes should be cake.

And like Shane said money is better companies like sysco and centennial give tremendous deals. Also alot of big corporations match donations.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  10. Shane

Shane Guest

We want legitimate likes, we are aware that you can pay like 20$ and get like 10,000 fake likes, but that does nothing for our marketing or brand awareness but thank you!

11. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Thanks to everyone who has liked thus far!

12. Popcanc

Popcanc Novice

Apr 15, 2014
    Speed Dial - Lemon Skunk
    Nice nice , done.

2 people like this.
  13. Kazinon

Kazinon Grandmaster

Apr 17, 2013
    Awesome to see this, @Shane. Keep it up, nothing goes unnoticed by the "locals". Happy Holidays to you and yours.

LIKED!

2 people like this.