1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uh Tribuut tu Gruumsh; Oomie Blud Onlee Tribuut! Hoowah!

Discussion in 'News' started by Swayze, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Zog'orium

Zog'orium Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Zog
    hoowah!! Dat blud gawd oz snazzy. Gud lukie lyk Zog. Oomiez nub juss feer Shadowclan soon wen tryspezz on orc landz!!

zorgulg and Skinch like this.
  2. Anton von Strahd

Anton von Strahd Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Anton von Strahd
    In the shadows, the dark prince has caught wind of this recent appearance of a "Blood God". He sighs, lowering his head. He had not yet come to understand the plight between the Knights and the Orcs. This was the common rabble of mortals. Shifting in his seat, he takes a sip of Absinthe. Why were they sworn to battle? Why were some misunderstand... His mind wandered, before a sharp crashing of his goblet. It had shattered in his hand and he watched the blood flow. It was time to either try to mend fences through diplomacy, or take the disrespect of the Captain Sir. to heart... He had turned away from him in embassy meetings and made idle threats.

"If they believe they control the realm through imposed virtue...". He winced. "I cannot concede to teaching Orcish kind human virtue.". Anton looked from the rooftop of his makeshift keep - filled with trap doors and obscure oddities. The Orc Fort and the knights were within a sharp shooters distance from the headquarters. In time he would make his move, along with soldiers of Doom. Tortured souls with nothing to lose. Fate will sort them out.

zorgulg likes this.
  3. So Bad So Sad

So Bad So Sad Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2016
    How about no reds, make it trammel

drasked and Nekronos like this.
  4. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Gruumsh is now active!

5. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    With raven's sent to all the noble houses, cities and guilds across the land, the Knight's prepared their troops to engage the beast that could be heard roaring from the mouth of the caves. Steadfast and sturdy, the Knights advanced forward into the belly of the beast...
    [​IMG]

As they neared the lair of the blood god, Gruumsh, terrifying screams came from the lower depths that made one capable of envisioning the sounds of hell. Torment, pain and suffering... Still, they marched forward to the lower levels...
    [​IMG]

As they entered Gruumsh's chambers, the sight before them struck them with a churning awe; body parts, blood and innards were strewn about the place as if decorated for a most abominable ball, led by the demons of hell themselves....
    [​IMG]

"Forward!" yelled the Commander as the Knights advanced, clashing brutally with the orcish hordes that had been summoned to protect this relic of evil before their eyes. Knights charged in only to find a mound of corpses they had to climb over in order to reach their targets. As lightning bolts, fire and elemental magics blasted the orcish brutes and leaders, more and more lesser orcs began to spring forth from the walls, filling the cavern with a most chaotic symphony of death. As opponents struck the blood god, their skin began to stretch and their bones began to crack as their form took on the shape of an orc! What devilry is this!?..
    [​IMG]

But lo, the raven's that the Knights had sent out earlier were the true heroes of this raid, as the many citizens of this realm had banded together and forced Gruumsh back into the depths of the earth to lick his wounds... until he is reincarnated and awoken again... Huzzah! Well done, Britannians! This was a moment in history to remember in a war as old as time itself!
    [​IMG]

To help ensure that Gruumsh stays imprisoned in the caves, join the Knight's as one of us or as an ally at arms as we continue to press forward on the war with the Orcs! http://sir.uoforever.com/ for more info! Huzzah!

6. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    OOC: Awesome time :D Very chaotic but that's because of two reasons people will learn quickly:
    1. Open to the public, you can expect a jumble f*** in a small space like that :D fun fun but most likely won't be as chaotic when groups go down alone to kill him.
    2. CASTING on BRUTES and LEADERS spawns MORE orcs - all of the pets on brutes and leaders spawned TONS more orcs than the spawn itself. This IDEALLY is a dexxer/melee player/pet champ for this reason alone (imo) except for EV spams from mages.

I'd say that overall it's a pretty sweet champ and gonna be fun figuring out how to defeat successfully.

However, a few suggestions maybe for it:
    1. Can the orcs that spawn from the champ only be squelched? Orc spam is insaaaane!
    2. We learned we must change our appearance or something to that affect in order to "not" get turned into an orc when attacking Gruumsh in particular. I'll go over some details discovered from that fight below, but what if you drank from the Brit well and couldn't be turned into an orc for like 1-2 hrs also? :D Hard to figure out how to change appearance as a pure warrior :(
    3. Can the old spawn be re-activated so that solo hunters down there can hunt the area without waking the champ?

Concerning the details of being turned into an Orc:
    I saw some people polymorph into orcs on their own, keeping them blue, and then attacking Gruumsh and remaining blue. Poly must be one that works. Are there other ways to avoid this? Some of our guild members speculated incognito, disguise kits and savage skin paint or possible other holiday skin dyes to even attacking Gruumsh with an orc mask on... Can anyone verify any of these techniques and the technicalities behind them? Like does polymorphing into a human so i still look like a knight (using a scroll) allow me to attack him or do I have to poly into an orc? If I am poly'd into a polar bear and attack him, will I still remain blue but look like an orc instead? So many questions...

Great job staff, this is gonna be tons of fun! Huzzah!

Swayze likes this.
  7. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    Polymorph or paint will prevent Gruumsh from turning you into an orc.

Sir. likes this.
  8. Sir.

Sir. Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Sir Rendlesham
    One after thought - no mount is very fun - maybe just one champ out there that is no mount? :D No recalling in is sweet too for sure

Paint - nice - cultist/savage paint only, or any holiday paint?

9. Swayze

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    It is no mount and any paint works

Sir. likes this.
  10. Grug'Bug

Grug'Bug Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Grug'Bug, Ne'Grul, Gnaw'Ful, Tul'Meg, Cho'Grat
    I remember when Tofy had this idea, great work Tofy. harrr harr @Nekronos

11. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    it wasnt no mount.

drasked likes this.
  12. Grish'nak

Grish'nak Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Grish'nak
    Seems like a great addition to me so far. Albeit I've just read about it rather than participated. I had a wander through the cave earlier when it was down and have two brief thoughts.

1. The old spawn, is it possible to leave it there? A bit like how Destard works? People used to farm lv3 a lot as the brutes and leaders drop good loot

2. Would it be better to put the ankh on the other side of the lv3 entrance (i.e) lv2? Im not sure how it has worked so far but I imagine that where it is will create a pretty nasty pinch point. That way you could also make all of Lv3 no recall too.

I'll be sure to pop by later and test out defending it!

13. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    remove the anhk

better just remove all anhks next to champs they are horrible.

14. Anton von Strahd

Anton von Strahd Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Anton von Strahd
    Sir. is more concerned about turning into an Orc than getting typhoid fever on Oregon Trail. What if there was an orc halfling? Can you imagine?

15. jkg8787

jkg8787 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2014
    huh?? the entire orc cave is no mount...

16. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    not anymore

17. Grish'nak

Grish'nak Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Grish'nak
    Yeah I agree with this entirely. But I guess the majority prefer easy res.

18. jkg8787

Apr 5, 2014
    is this some weird troll?

you literally just forced me to log on and check. there is no mounts allowed in orc cave... wtf... i knew there wasnt but still went and checked...

19. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014

check inside champ area

20. jkg8787

Apr 5, 2014
    ahh my bad!! youre right... 90% of the orc cave is no mount then. ya thats kinda weird