Uggghhh

Wizzzz

Neophyte
I was surprised to find out earlier that people can kill your animals when you are a young player. Was mining with some pack llamas and an asshole red came and slaughtered them. I know it is part of the game but I am surprised a young player can be griefed like that. Also, shame on the red that did that you would think people would be a bit a bit more consideration toward a noob. It appears there is always an asshole looking to screw with you. :( Oh well just thought I would rant for a minute why not?

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Unfortunately, you always gotta be on the lookout for people like that. As you said, it's part of the game. Totally can be frustrating but you just shows you that you gotta always be prepared!

Wizzzz

Neophyte
Yep I know better now but I just thought young players couldnt be messed with. I mean you can't steal or kill them I was surprised animals are not off limits.

ton loc

Master
You'd be surprised how many vets create young players to farm with no risk.

They brought the fire down upon the real noobs.

"Joined: Jun 1, 2014"

Complains about being griefed with young status

*shakes head*

You do have a valid point though. Probably an overlooked mechanic.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
You can mine everything you need INSIDE most towns: rocks, patches of grey, and (obviously) mines/cliffs inside town limits can be mined for ore in safety.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Your corpse cannot be looted with young status but you can still be killed by PKs. Your pets can always be grieved regardless of your status. So ball your high value pets like swarmpy (not that you should have one as young)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TraJik

Grandmaster
I was surprised to find out earlier that people can kill your animals when you are a young player. Was mining with some pack llamas and an asshole red came and slaughtered them. I know it is part of the game but I am surprised a young player can be griefed like that. Also, shame on the red that did that you would think people would be a bit a bit more consideration toward a noob. It appears there is always an asshole looking to screw with you. :( Oh well just thought I would rant for a minute why not?

I feel your pain man but at the same time it is actually better for you now then it would have been at almost any other time. This server population is steady and lots of people play. At the launch of the server we had thousands of people playing except almost EVERYONE was at those newbie locations trying to cut other newbies throats. Just know being a noob now is 100x easier than it was when the server launched in terms of being pk'd.

Edit: This server was, and still can be freaking cut throat. As StegcO said below, Its UO Baby. We wouldn't get the adrenaline dump if it wasn't for shit like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
In UO, you cannot tell who is a noob or not by a status hanging over their head. Killing every miner's pet is the safe way to ensure everyone is treated equally.