1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Years of Ultima Online Forever. Thank every single one of you.

Discussion in 'News Archive' started by Shane, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

On January 18th, 2015 Ultima Online Forever hits TWO (2) Years old.
    On January 18th, 2015 Ultima Online Forever breaks an ALL time online player count of 1267.

Unreal, honestly.

Those who have been here from the start, know some of the many bumps and bruises Ultima Online Forever has received over the incredible amount of rocky roads we've mowed through to get where we are. There are so many things that go on from day to day that 99% of you probably have NO idea that such things even occur. That has been a goal of ours since day one that we have met and feel that it is what being professional, while being a good service is all about.

I could honestly write a serious number of pages and chapters of the entire true story of Ultima Online Forever and perhaps one day i will. I've lost many friends, gained many others, been cheated, been hated, been loved, been loathed, been envied, made money, lost money, but over all gained an incredible amount of experience both as a team leader,and as a person. I honestly cannot thank my staff enough that has helped Ultima Online Forever get where it is today. Those of the past, and absolutely and mostly those who are current and have stuck with us. I honestly feel the current team we have now, even though it has taken us TWO years to obtain it, is absolutely perfect. Every single one of them brings such value to the table and they know exactly when to display that value and when to display it at the right time.
    It's incredible to watch, and even more incredible to be a part of.
    I'd like to give an honorable specific shout out to our Lead Developer, and serious backbone of server to @Adam . There is absolutely no denying that his skills are unmatched. This is a guy that hadn't played Ultima Online since OSI (Second Age) days... I brought him back as my best friend and brother in real life to help me on Ultima Online Forever when i seen serious issues arise many months ago and he has never let me or anyone else here down, ever. The amount of time this guy has spent not only developing new things, but re-developing previous developers systems has been absolutely and undeniably inspiring. His work ethics is next to none, and mixed with his education and ability to care too much- one must ask yourself? Who is this man?..
    He is the highest quality and kind.

He is supreme and surpasses all others, as a developer, as a man and as a friend.
    There is no thanking him enough for what he has done here.

Doing what we do is not always easy....
    There is much, much more to running a server of such a size, with people who get incredibly emotionally invested.
    It is not easy, and everything you do, someone will always be upset- always.
    There is no happiness found in trying to make everyone happy.
    When you get to a server of our size, not only player count wise but where those players are based on their geographical location, there is an entire new challenge to face. This morning i got up at 5am to begin our 2 year anniversary events and ADAM was just going to bed as an example. This is something that is not out of the normal for our entire team.
    I guess what i am saying is that we make this look incredibly easy to most of you i assume, however as i stated, there is an incredible amount of time, passion and dedication behind this entire project.... and that....that is why we have been running at the number one spot in the entire global world for a year and a half.

So to everyone that plays, contributes, donates, inspires, and has joined, all of us on the Ultima Online Forever team would just really, genuinely and sincerely say THANK YOU.

We are massively supported all over the globe. Our diverse and massive player base has allowed us to stay the number 1 shard for 2 years running.

To this day, we are still valued, respected and supported by Ultima's Creator, and Lord British himself; "Richard Garriot":
    [​IMG]
    No other shard can claim such an honor, and he does this regularly.

We've hit all new levels and raised the bar incredibly high over the last two years on Ultima Online Forever, and that is what you all deserve in entire honesty.

On a total side note, if you have not noticed, we have created a progressive patch note post. Every change on the server, website, or social media we make, is posted there from a day to day basis. This is new, and really valuable to watch!
    PROGRESSIVE PATCH NOTES

Finally, and never enough....
    THANK YOU.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    30 people like this.
  2. Thryn

Thryn Adept

Mar 2, 2013
    Hero By Choice
  3. Wrexx

Wrexx Grandmaster

Jun 5, 2013
    yes!

4. Jeitarium

Jeitarium Master

Sep 30, 2014
    Jeitarium
    You're the best Shane!

5. amonseti

amonseti Grandmaster

Apr 21, 2014
    Looks like a Jira report.

6. Hambeast

Hambeast Adept

Dec 27, 2013
    Good Job!

7. Sommerella

Sommerella Master

May 31, 2014
  8. Psyc420

Psyc420 Master

Dec 8, 2014
    Psyc
    Thank you Shane and the rest of UOF team. You all have made one awesome server. :)

9. sam sam

sam sam Master

Dec 8, 2013
    thats my nigggggg-a,

giving that state of the union speech.

*salute*

10. Rusty Hart

Rusty Hart Grandmaster

Jun 24, 2013
    i tame, rusty hart, macro ball and white tees
    helluva server

2 people like this.
  11. Bromista

Bromista Grandmaster

Apr 12, 2013
    No, thank you @Shane !

I invested a lot of time and money through my subscription to production UO over a six year span.

As for UOF I have invested probably as much time and about 3x as much money in not even 1/3 of that span.

Keep up the good work, much love.

12. Dig'em

Dig'em Grandmaster

Sep 28, 2013
    :tips hat:

13. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Grandmaster

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    Been here for awhile now, and I've had nothing but goodtimes and met some great people. So thanks for that! Heres to another 2!

14. Legenis

Legenis Apprentice

Dec 26, 2014
    Legenis
    Love this server, thanks for all the great memories!

15. hugh

hugh Novice

Jan 15, 2015
    Woot!! congrats uof! Work today, so i wasnt one of the people that helped you break the online record :(.

16. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Updated original post.

17. Agentodd

Agentodd Journeyman

Oct 12, 2014
    Elistra Viz
    Brilliant stuff old boy!

18. TyraeL!

TyraeL! Master