1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is doing a great job.

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by baseball dad, May 15, 2018.

1. Coorhagen

Coorhagen Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Silly Bernie Sanders supporter, your bizarre ramblings and spam walls won't stop Trump from making America and the world a better place!
    [​IMG]

2. TyroneG

TyroneG Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2016
    TyroneG
    really?...

You Trump haters must have your head in the sand.

The lowest unemployment rate in 18 years and not counting the one time we hit such numbers in 2000, the lowest sustained unemployment rate since 1969. 223k jobs added in May alone.

Peav likes this.
  3. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    and what is he doing that made the unemployment rate keep droping for years ?.

Its the same for the USA as its for Germany and other big players the failing economy in Brazil, Turky, India, SouthAfrica and other catchingup states is BY FAR the biggest reason for the up in jobs and the economyboost.

4. TyroneG

TyroneG Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2016
    TyroneG

Decreased and/or removed unnecessary and burdening regulations and the tax cut are just two huge factors.

It's silly to pretend that he has nothing to do with the thriving economy and historic unemployment rates.

5. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014

the tax cuts are to fresh to be a huge if not any factor

Postive trend of unemployment rates are hitting after years.

in most cases regulations are a none or minor factor.
    you can see it very good at the coal even without all the regulations all the jobs are not coming back. the regulations arnt the problem its that noone needs/wants coal anymore

6. Bromista

Bromista Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    lol @ coal

lol @ giving undue credit

fuck

7. El Ahrairah

El Ahrairah Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia
    You might want to look up the differences between how we measured unemployment before RR and after. RR was when they started altering the numbers to intentionally leave people out, since him we've continued to figure out new ways to do this. So when we see something like "unemployment at 3%", its probably actually about 12%.
    Also, you seemed to miss the point.
    I said that giving out tax breaks to corporations has never created jobs. All you're doing at this point is trying to give them some kind of credit for adding 4k jobs, after removing 20k. Its stupid. Don't do it.

We still have not recovered from the jobs we lost under Bush... let alone since Nixon. You cant have 5 year periods where we lose 4 million jobs and then later on replace them with 3 million jobs at less pay. That is an unsustainable model and it does not take a whole lot of brain power to figure that out.

8. El Ahrairah

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia

You mentioned to me "You Trump haters must have your head in the sand."... how about this.
    You demonstrate through peer reviewed economic studies, that regulations affect the number of or quality of jobs in America. This is a bullshit idea you've created... errr... are repeating.

Now... the last part...this is the dumbest thing you could say.
    if wages kept up with inflation, a lower-lower to lower-middle middle class wage for a full time employee would be about 55k a year. Instead, 48% of the population makes less than 30,000 a year.
    60% have less than 1,500 dollars in savings.
    The lowest percentage of Americans ever, own their house.
    And of course i addressed how wrong our unemployment rates are... this is an argument im sure you were willing to mention when you spoke about Obama, but not Trump.

So.... you have zero idea WTF you're talking about if you think for one second we have a "thriving economy" or "historic unemployment rates". Why don't you go look up our employment rate when we remove all the bullshit our government puts in place to give us false numbers... its not good, its at almost 10%.

9. Coorhagen

Apr 13, 2013
    Sounds like someone has a case of Trump derangement syndrome!
    • The manufacturing industry created over 300,000 jobs.
    • 337,000 construction jobs have been created since President Trump took office, and construction employment stands at its highest level since June 2008.
    • Fourteen states reached record low unemployment rates.
    • The African American unemployment rate reached its lowest ever recorded.
    • Job openings have reached 6.6 million, the highest level recorded.

[​IMG]

10. El Ahrairah

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia
    Nice copy and paste from the "Make America Great Again" website.
    Of course the Bureau of Labor Statics/ US Department of Labor reports don't quite agree with these things, but hey, who are you going to believe, peer reviewed economists data or a Trump propaganda website?
    https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

11. Coorhagen

Apr 13, 2013
    Huh? Let's take a look at this link of yours and find out what's inside.
    [​IMG]
    That looks like good news, let's see what else we can find.
    [​IMG]
    Declined by 772,000 people during Trump's first year in office? That's good news too! Let's look for something else.
    [​IMG]
    Employment trending upwards last month? Still good news!
    [​IMG]
    Mining and manufacturing jobs added? How wonderful!
    [​IMG]
    Looks like President Trump's economy is adding all kinds of jobs!
    [​IMG]
    Looks like Trump is doing a great job!

12. El Ahrairah

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia
    Maybe i should have been a bit more clear on this.
    None of this is anything Trump did, every single trend youre highlighting, would have happened with Trump in office or with a tickle-me-elmo in office. Because he didnt actually do anything except exist and allow trends to continue. trends he did not start. So stop with your bullshit propaganda, reality does not agree.

All of these things you're highlighting and the propaganda website highlights, are a giant, 2000000 pound rock rolling down hill for 1000 feet. You're trying to make it seem like the inch long stick it ran over and crushed at foot 500, is responsible or the cause, for it rolling in the first place.

At best all you can say is Trump is good enough to not fuck up what Obama started. Which means thus far, he's better than Bush and i'd take that with a grain of salt given he's been on the job less than two years.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Ludwig likes this.
  13. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2013
    El Ahrairah lighting this thread up.

[​IMG]

This is your friendly reminder that Trump saluted a North Korean general and the NY AG is suing the Trump Foundation:

"As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his business to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality," Underwood said.

3 scandals a week with this clown, I wonder what's next?

14. Coorhagen

Apr 13, 2013
    Do you even have a position? Sometimes you claim Trump has created no jobs at all, yet other times you claim it's Obama who's really responsible for Trump's achievements? At least your posts have impressed Ludwig, so I guess you have that going for you.
    You mean the acting AG of NY because the actual AG had to resign in shame when it came out that he was abusing non-white women, but I doubt you care about that. I also doubt you care about Trump saluting a North Korean general, but left wing television/internet personalities told you to be offended by it and so here you are pretending to be offended by it. It's also amusing to see a leftist pretending to care about supposed corruption in a foundation, but such hypocrisy is typical in a leftist
    I like this picture better.
    [​IMG]
    And to think you leftists claim Trump hasn't accomplished anything.

15. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Really? That's all you got? That's checkmate, just go home. This is sad and summer has truly melted the snowflakes. You're mentioning things that have nothing to do with anything and praising Trump saluting an enemy (lol, love the looks on their faces as they don't understand wtf he is doing). Are you even American or a Russian plant?

16. El Ahrairah

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia
    Ill defend anyone from lies or correct any incorrect information if i see it.
    Politically im simply in favor of not having someone from a party that has been bought by corporations. Which eliminates almost any democrat and every republican.
    In this past election i did not see a difference between a woman taking money from corporations to hand out subsides at the cost of my tax dollars and the man who was paying that woman to pass those subsidies.
    They are both corporate pieces of shit who should be tried for treason against the American people and both be hung... maybe life in prison for Trump given that prior to being president he never had any responsibility to the people. But id definitely support a death sentence for Hillary.

Im for the people who are going to tell corporations they need to pay their taxes and cannot take subsidies anymore.
    im for the stopping of all the wars we are in, not the expansion.
    Im for tax paid college, medicine, police, fire, prisons, etc.
    Im for hanging politicians who corrupt our system.

Basically im not represented in our political system because sadly our country has a single party system. We're far right wing, a few steps away from actual fascism.... although it really wouldnt be fascism, it would be more like a pure Oligarchy. So... meh... pretty close to Russian Tsars or Stalins Russia. Id say Hitler's Germany but the middle class in Germany was actually doing far better than we are now.

I have no problems saying he has accomplished things.
    He gave corporations the largest tax break they've ever had at the expense of yours and my dollars..... its not a great accomplishment unless youre the CEO of a company, but its an accomplishment.

He has almost accomplished removing anything positive Obamacare gave us, but still taking those federal and state funds for it and he's damn sure keeping that mandate in place... That's an accomplishment.... again, not a good one for you or i, but its an accomplishment.

He pulled out of the Paris deal.... a deal formed because of peer reviewed science and a deal that would have given us about 20 million jobs over 20 years while also giving us unlimited energy...... again, not a great accomplishment, but an accomplishment.

I guess as a positive accomplishment he didnt do what we would expect of him and tell China to fuck off, when they instructed NK to hash this shit out with us. I mean... there's really nothing he has done here aside from being open to basic diplomacy we should expect from any world leader.

Ludwig likes this.
  17. Ludwig

Ludwig Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Are you in wrekt? Cause damn. That's /thread.

18. Coorhagen

Apr 13, 2013
    Not surprised you didn't care about the NY AG abusing women, the other thing.....You do realize that Trump and Kim Jong Un met in Singapore, shook hands, had meetings ect and yet you're here pretending to be offended that Trump saluted one of Kim Jong Un's generals?
    I don't know what you're talking about.....Not that there is anything to talk about.....
    So why don't you stop talking about this....since there's nothing to talk about.......

It looks like you're just being a cynic and saying random crap and even contradicting positions even in this single thread.
    I'm pretty sure that you were supporting Bernie Sanders during the election, but you never said what you thought about him endorsing Hillary and campaigning for her.
    Did you even watch the debates? I did, it was awesome seeing Trump destroy one donor slave after another, from Jeb Bush to Hillary Clinton. Do you really think Trump ran for office to make himself even richer?
    He clearly said he wanted to make America great again, but what was Hillary's reason? It's her turn?
    That looks like standard political speech that a career position would say, except for the hanging part.

No, it clearly is splitting. There are two major sides that roughly divide the Left and Right and if you can't tell a difference between leftwing Democrats and rightwing Republicans, you're an idiot or a liar.

I'm bored of the rest of your post, but you do have a problem admiting he has accomplished things, even your own link that you linked disagreed with you. Did you even read that link before linking it?

Also, what do you think of this guy? It looks like he's trying to give you morale support.

19. Johuntud

Johuntud Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    MERICA.

Bromista likes this.
  20. El Ahrairah

Dec 8, 2015
    Kyle Katarn, Xelia
    Where have i contradicted myself?
    And that's not a cynic, thats a contrarian.
    I have a set of ideals i stick to, if a politician does not hold the majority of those same ideals, i cannot force myself to support them.
    And yes, i totally supported Bernie and will do so in 2020.
    After Bernie i supported Jill.
    After Jill... there was no one else.
    Ron Paul, even though he's a neo-libertarian, i felt would be interesting and would have supported him over Obama or Trump or Hillary or Bush.

What did i think of Bernie supporting Hillary?
    I thought it was a terrible decision on his part. But i also understand that he feels the democrats can be saved so he is going about it that way, i personally don't think they can be, but id still support him, a Berniecrat or a justice democrat.
    We have a long way to go before the American people are represented properly again, and i dont think there is a current fix without tearing the country down. But knowing that an armed revolution is most likely not going to happen in my lifetime, ill support any efforts to clean up the bullshit and as far as party names go, i really don't give a shit.

Im from a very conservative state and if the conservatives i remember growing up in the 80s came back (the conservatives that made sense and had a pair of balls) id totally support them.
    Trust me on this one, i very much miss the days when conservatives had a pair of balls and would laugh at the people (not take them seriously) who felt they needed to carry a gun with them at all times, and ask where their balls were at... what kind of man needs to do that and if the world is that scary to get back in the kitchen like the ***** they are.

Or the conservatives that had zero issues with immigration as long as that immigrant was a productive member of society. When they went with the idea that everyone deserved the chance to prove themselves and to be an American.

Or when they didnt give a shit what you did in your bedroom because they were not women concerning themselves with shit that does not affect them.

I watched a couple presidential debates and as much of the GOP debates as i could handle, didnt see Trump "destroy" anyone.
    I dont think low-IQ one liners that don't actually detail anything, are a valid response to questions about legislation or diplomacy.

Trump never debated Bernie which was a good thing for Trump because Bernie would have made him look like the 4th grader he is.
    And Hillary, i didnt support her and feel she is one of the worst politicians in US history.

His first campaign managers were replaced because no one took it seriously, he simply did this as a way to expand his "brand" recognition.
    We know this for a fact, his managers and staffers have all said that it was totally unexpected and not the plan or reason for him running. The return on a 240,000 dollar investment in just political connections and "free" media is.... i mean.... the financial return on that is almost immeasurable.
    This is not the first time he has ran for president with the goals he set in place, he spoke on this strategy in one of this later books, he even goes into detail about how much he ends up making off the investment and it was something like 2100 times as much as the investment he made.

He had no issues taking corporations money once they actually started to back him. This was not an ethical issue for him, he was simply not being offered any campaign money because when it comes to CEOs and heads of massive corporations, if someone is going to bypass our political wall, its going to be that individual, not one of their peers.

And of course if you are unaware of how Oligarchies are completed, it starts with corrupted politicians from all political parties that matter, with the cherry on top being a CEO, a monarch, someone already at the top, bypassing the need for politicians and putting themselves in that position.
    i will never, ever, hesitate to criticize how bad most of the democrats are and how corrupted the DNC is.
    But if you are concerned with the direction America has gone, than you have to realize the very simple fact that it was the republicans who bought the democrats (in a little strategy republican adviser Dick Morris calls "political triangulation" in a successful attempt to move the country to one political ideology and take that ideology as far as it can go (right wing, neo-conservative, corporatism) and even with the DNC being utterly horrific, it was the republicans who put the cherry on top with Trump.

The problem is he never highlighted what was wrong with America, or, he failed at it i guess and then he never said what he was going to do to fix it. Most of his answers were "ill do better" and that was that.
    And even if he was able to properly vocalize his ideas (which he's clearly not) he has not even remotely made America a better nation for the world or ourselves even.

The "again" part was never defined, he never said what he actually meant with that, when America was great. The only thing i can assume he is referencing is the 1940s-60s when America had the largest economic boom the world has ever seen. And we did so by propping up the middle class and making them the largest consumer base in the world, and we did so with legislation that im sure you'd call communist right now. This was when after the tax maximum (i believe it was 10 million) businesses were being taxed 78%. With that money the US was able to actually reinvest in the population, which created millions of small businesses and allowed us to stick to the concept of a livable wage (not minimum) that ensured an employee who worked 40 hours a week, would be able to pay the average housing rate with only 1/5th of their monthly wages. The other 4/5ths went to savings, education, vehicles, food, health care,etc. By doing this we made the average person the bigger consumer and they were actually able to move up in society and become better earners. That is factually how America became the largest economy in the world (and every "democracy" type in the world right now, has mirrored and is doing better than we are), so..... do we see Trump even beginning to do these things?
    No, he is once again, for the 70th year in a row, attempting trickle down economics an idea that has never worked. In fact, if you look in the dictionary under "failed" youll see "Trickle down economics" as a definition.

That last part is key. It is to ensure we actually do those things, instead of simply taking my or your tax dollars away from roads, education, healthcare, etc. all to ensure 25% of corporations do not pay a dime in taxes.