Tree hack help

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
ive been using Shinigami-Sama Regular Tree Hack and it worked perfectly when i pasted the files into the UO file directory. But since i updated the patch, when i place these files in there, it cancels all the new item files. as in, when i run to the newbie tower in brit i cannot see that chest there. i have to update files again upon launch. works fine, but as soon as i drop those files in again, it does the same thing...

what am i doing wrong?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
yea u have 2 options if u want all sea bassed gfx ect -

1 have the basic tree hack that comes with adams patch.

2 have two versons of the .mul file and drop it in and out depending what u gonna do.

(if u goto sea have adams for cannons/ if u pvping use custom art files) ( the magincia files are floating around as sep files if u just need these i can send u them)

steve-o

Grandmaster
if you have the individual files you can remod your client or you can use http://www.burningsheep.ch/finished.html and use these mods, they work with the UO custom files.

or you could get shini to make a UOF version of her client mods. that would work too.

i've always been using his mods... but i just updated to the new launcher and i'm not able to reapply the mods... because i can't find a working version of the fiddler with uop support on win 8

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
shini sent me a pm and sent me to her site for a fresh download of the tree hack. tried that and i still get the same thing. the tree hack files work but none of the new game files work...then when i update it takes the tree hack files back out!

driving me crazy lol

Malkraven

Grandmaster
shini sent me a pm and sent me to her site for a fresh download of the tree hack. tried that and i still get the same thing. the tree hack files work but none of the new game files work...then when i update it takes the tree hack files back out!

driving me crazy lol
What new content is it you are mising? boats or magincia?

for the boat/cannon art u will need somoen to modify adams latest gumpartlegacymul.uop and then evrey time u patch using the pathcer it will over write.

if you dont care about the cannons ect at sea and are just missing the magincia town buildings ect you can use shini's mods and just use the new staidx0.mul and statics0.mul that are floating around

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
well the first thing i noticed was i couldnt see a dragon egg. so i ran up to the newbie tower by brit bank and i couldnt see that chest. when i update through the launcher, it all worked again, but it took the tree hack off. drop the tree hack files back in , then it says i need to update. if i dont update, tree hack works...

Malkraven

Grandmaster
yea for that u will need someone to modify adams latest gumpart file and it will need to be remodified evrey time adam ads new art.

Also evrey time u patch it will over write your mods.

sorry

best way mayb to learn to modify your own files but as steve said its a pain in arse to get it all working on newer OS

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i just went with the tree hack in the launcher, that one seems to be working. no big deal i guess, although i like the ones shini puts on her tree hack...but its still effective

funny, never knew i had a damn doorbell in my bank lol

Malkraven

Grandmaster
if u ask me @Adam should hire shini to modify his treehack option( or do it himself) even if kept he keeps it a simple clear floor/treehack and trap highlights the current one is a nice option but alot of people are used to heavy moded art files so they wont patch ect.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Malkraven where did you find a fiddler with uop support working for win8?

how do you modify the uop files?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Malkraven where did you find a fiddler with uop support working for win8?

how do you modify the uop files?
ive had same issues as you seems very unstable for me crashes alot when i try to do anything and cant get the correct plugin :(