Training poisoning

Chuck

Novice
I am training poisoning and at 64.3 I stopped gaining from regular poison. The guides I've read on these forums say you can go beyond 70 with regular poison but I cannot. I am using greater poison now and I gain about 1 point per keg, at 66 now. It seems to me like something is wrong. Gains this slow are going to cost me 50+ kegs to gm. I am in a dungeon, drank from the well, and drank and ate food. IS there something I am missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Moosebish

Apprentice
Poisoning is definitely one of the more expensive skills to train. Most people do it while they're working on alchemy, to save their bank account some damage.

Mango

Grandmaster
where are you training it? If you're doing it within your house, gains will be horrifically slow. I found myself a nice quiet spot within nujel'm and macro'd away

Keltonator

Grandmaster
This actually sounds right to me, been a while since I trained nox, but from what I recall these gains sound about the same. About 50 kegs to GM, give or take. Like @Moosebish said, the best way to get some bang for your buck is to train up alchemy on another toon, making only poison kegs, and then transfer them to the one you're training poisoning on. It's a very expensive process, and more tedious than plucking all your pubes out with a meat tenderizer. Just don't give up, it's worth it.
Edit: Do NOT make DP kegs to train with. They're way more difficult and expensive to make than GP, and the gains aren't really better at all. Quick money saving tip. It may take a tiny extra bit of time, but you'll save on loads of night shade.

halygon

Grandmaster
where are you training it? If you're doing it within your house, gains will be horrifically slow. I found myself a nice quiet spot within nujel'm and macro'd away
I trained mine in my house. I had a pretty large stack of nightshade in a secure container beside me (like 30k or so - refilled it a couple times throughout the process too). I made the potion, then poisoned, rinse and repeat. It took 3 straight days of non-stop macroing to GM.

I would suspect a dungeon would be much faster though.

Chuck

Novice
Hahaha ok well thanks for the input guys. I am glad that my character isn't bugged or something. I am macroing in a dungeon and have gained about 8 points off of 12 greater poison kegs leaving me at 73.5. I am training alchemy so it doesn't hurt as bad but jeeze the weeze that's a lot of shade. Guess my expectation of gming this in a day or two were unrealistic. I'll have to re-assess my plans for this much looked forward to character.

bane

Master
I'm thinking it is more difficult that it was when the guides were written.
I trained it to GM recently with about 30k nightshade. I did GM Alchemy at the same time which makes it much easier to macro. Essentially if you raise alchemy with it you can do it 100% AFK. I posted a guide in the guides forum about training Poisoning as well.

Here is my guide: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/efficient-poisoning-leveling-guide.66778/

For the poisoning macro use UO Steam. Razor is way more buggy on macros and if you timeout on something it is possible to kill yourself with a failed poisoning attempt.

Morgy

Grandmaster
I gmed pretty fast and I was in a sweet spot in the dungeon. About 3 days consecutively...... went thru mad mad kegs but its just the time to do er!.....Ahhh patience.

I might even have some GP kegs to donate to your cause if u need some!!

Chuck

Novice
I gmed pretty fast and I was in a sweet spot in the dungeon. About 3 days consecutively...... went thru mad mad kegs but its just the time to do er!.....Ahhh patience.

I might even have some GP kegs to donate to your cause if u need some!!

I will so take you up on that offer! I started with 20 kegs and am about to run out!

Morgy

Grandmaster
Aweome ill get some together today for you.
In box me and ill meet you when we both can !!!

Morgy!

Jongi09

Master
Aweome ill get some together today for you.
In box me and ill meet you when we both can !!!

Morgy!
I'm thinking of training this on one of my chars. Unfortunately I can't spare any more points on doing alchemy as well.

How much will it cost me in kegs without my own alchemist?

Morgy

Grandmaster
I used about 30 kegs at least im thinking...did it so long ago. It went up fast for me.
Ive mad kegs you can have thou if you want em.

Shortbus

Grandmaster
I'm thinking of training this on one of my chars. Unfortunately I can't spare any more points on doing alchemy as well.

How much will it cost me in kegs without my own alchemist?
I will sell full gp kegs at 3.5k per of interested. Maybe in large bulk slightly lower.

Jongi09

Master
Thanks Morgy, really appreciate it, I've sent you a PM

Shortbus - I'll buy up as many as I need once I'm ready to train, will PM you also!

Jongi09

Master
Make sure you are eating too. Being hungry in your house will crush your gains.
I didn't know that about food. I've never eaten, but still seem to gain okay. Does it only affect house gains or gains generally?

Also, do you know where the well is in Britain that apparently speeds up gains? I think I might have clicked it before, what message do you get when you do? Something about remembering the past?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Weland

Grandmaster
Yes food does affect gains in general so if you are starving it will cripple your gains and I believe the well is East of West Brit Bank. Rumor is it gives a skill gains boost for an hour but I have no idea if it is legit or not.

Morgy

Grandmaster
I didn't know that about food. I've never eaten, but still seem to gain okay. Does it only affect house gains or gains generally?

Also, do you know where the well is in Britain that apparently speeds up gains? I think I might have clicked it before, what message do you get when you do? Something about remembering the past?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You need to hit the training well in Brit and make sure you eat for sure. Hit the well every 40mins to an hour. Keep yourself almost full to full food wise.