Too much spell fizzle?

Hi all,

I just reached 100 magery, and when i try to summon a deamon, i fizzle like 7 or 8 times in a row before i can summon one... Is that normal?

I don' have ev. int. yet, does that count for casting success or is it just for the damage?

Also... Has the armor (leather) anything to do with this? I know that leather slows meditation, but has it any influence in the % of casting successfully?

Tnx guys :D

Luke

Disregarding food/drink bonuses, a GM Mage has a 50% chance of succesfully casting a 8th circle spell.

This means it's a coin flip every time you cast. You should have ~0.1% chance of fizzling 10 times in a row, but it can still happen. (50% chance to fizzle once, 25% twice, 12.5% thrice, etc...)

I'm not sure to what extent eating/drinking affects fizzling, but there's a GM post which confirms it does affect fizzling, to some extent.

I have tested eating and drinking.
So cast gate and cast4 out of 10 times.
Eat and drink till full and i cast 8 out of 10 times...

not perfect but its a BIG bonnus

halygon

Grandmaster
The success rate actually used to be better in pre-AoS days, but when powerscrolls hit, the skills had to be scaled slightly to give credibility (usefulness) to having over 100 points in a skill. You see this same change on most skills that require powerscrolls except oddly taming, which OSI instead just added harder pets to tame. It was the first thing I noticed when I started playing uo again after 12 years.

Basically being GM isn't what it used to be.