To make the Living in UO more attractive.

TriXa

Grandmaster
Ok i think all Hardcore Players or all others are coming somehow to the Point they start thinking "What can i do now".

When i run around the Vendors. Im getting so Tired and Bored to look in them because every Vendor got the same shit..
( Runebooks / Spellbooks / recallscrolls / Skillscrolls / etc )

So it would be nice to add some things that brings back the Fun of Farming. The Fun slaying the Mobs again and again.

We need the People bringing back into the Dungeon.. More People Dungeon more Pk's etc.. More Risk more Fun more value to have it.
All People farming the same Mobs over and over again..

Put these Items on other Mobs with a really slow %.. Force the People if they want.. They need spend alot of time to gather them.

Most farmed Items = Gold & Tamingscrolls. So would be nice to Change it.. But how.. ???

We need items and i know Staff getting Mad / Bored / Tired / Pisssed when i say it again.. But its like the Best Example for it.

Rug Tiles. There are 5 Diff Colors out.. 9 Possible Types. so 45 Types in Plain to farm.. Make them a low %. Everyone love to Deco there Ground to make a nice Home / Restock House etc.. It will Hurt noone but brings a little back to Farm in the Hope it could be drop.
Or Grasstiles / Watertiles / Snowtiles . SO people with Classic Houses need alot of them.. To Deco there Roof / Ground what ever.

And there are more Items like Rugtiles.. If you want i can spend my Time to search and list them all. Items that dont Mess with Rare / Donation items.. Items that needs more as once Type to Complete .. Items that brings a little bit Value for the People to have them..
Items that are worth to farm.

I understand that Donation Items are needed for the Server.. And this is no Flame its just an Idea.. To Hold People / bringing back the fun to use there PVM Chr.. Something other to do as Standing the whole day half AFK infront of Bank.

Its so easy just really do a 0.000001 % whatever this single % would be a reason i would farm more / again in the Hope to get something that is not really common.. Or i could trade or sell.. Items that people searching for .. It would make Vendorshopping more Valuable to really check them.. Because MAYBE he got something im still missing..

So here and i really dont maked this Post to flame someone or hate.. Its an IDEA.. Because i want that more People getting there Fun back to Farm or the Game itselfs.
Its really hurts when you ask around and you allways hear.. Yea but what shall we do there is nothing that is worth to farm.

So i hope my Idea dont comes wrong around. And shows what i want to say with it..

Would be nice when some other People say what they think about it.. Because i dont want to be the allways be the One that seems to be the One that allways Hate or meaning all is bad..

OMG sorry for my bad typed English .
I hope People understand what i mean

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
+1 million

My idea on rug tiles: make 3 different types available in different colors. For example, you could make a corner, edge, and center piece rug tile, in like 5 different colors. So you could find "a blue floral rug tile (corner)", "a blue floral rug tile (edge)", or "a blue floral rug tile (center)". There would be a bunch of different colors/designs, which would bring upon trading pieces to make the rug you want. Find a red corner piece and need a blue edge? Find someone that needs a red corner piece and trade them :)

Edit: also, make these a really rare mob drop, like statues

Lexington

Grandmaster
Great ideas…

I’d love to see them add new content to random mob spawns all over other than the typical here is a new super hard boss that you need a group to take down. This would give the single players and or small group a reason to out hunting.

TriXa

Grandmaster
And no that was just an Idea i allready got for a long time after some of my friends got bored.. And they didnt know what to do.. yea and i know its getting tired to hear the same stuff everyday.

IT was just an Idea. and only an Example on how to handle the problem. And keeping the People at Farming.

And like i said i can do the Work to find items like that that will not mess with all the other stuff ..
And no i dont want an Reward for that.. The Reward is to help that Shard and brings more Fun to it.

Belge

Grandmaster
Please add this! +1

i would farm way more.. and be way more intrested, if the slight chance of being able to get some kind of rare, especially something you can collect more than one of..

Turner13

Grandmaster
This is a good idea. I find myself jumping from one goal to the next and I always have to be working towards something which in turn makes me get bored when my goals have been achieved.

I've patiently been waiting for the rares system to come back into play for so long now and I'm itching for the next thing to work on. Rare items have always been fun for me to collect and when they're freely available on the donation vendor it takes a lot away from my game-play and experience. I'm not saying take everything off the dono vendor, but it would be amazing to add more to the rare system of the server, especially one based around mob drops or searching in dungeons to get people out there.

My only concern with these carpets is that some of them have already been released on the donation vendor in the past, all be it in 3x3 tile form. As long as they're distinguishable from those then it could really work.

EllEssDee

Master
Ok i think all Hardcore Players or all others are coming somehow to the Point they start thinking "What can i do now".

When i run around the Vendors. Im getting so Tired and Bored to look in them because every Vendor got the same shit..
( Runebooks / Spellbooks / recallscrolls / Skillscrolls / etc )

So it would be nice to add some things that brings back the Fun of Farming. The Fun slaying the Mobs again and again.

We need the People bringing back into the Dungeon.. More People Dungeon more Pk's etc.. More Risk more Fun more value to have it.
All People farming the same Mobs over and over again..

Put these Items on other Mobs with a really slow %.. Force the People if they want.. They need spend alot of time to gather them.

Most farmed Items = Gold & Tamingscrolls. So would be nice to Change it.. But how.. ???

We need items and i know Staff getting Mad / Bored / Tired / Pisssed when i say it again.. But its like the Best Example for it.

Rug Tiles. There are 5 Diff Colors out.. 9 Possible Types. so 45 Types in Plain to farm.. Make them a low %. Everyone love to Deco there Ground to make a nice Home / Restock House etc.. It will Hurt noone but brings a little back to Farm in the Hope it could be drop.
Or Grasstiles / Watertiles / Snowtiles . SO people with Classic Houses need alot of them.. To Deco there Roof / Ground what ever.

And there are more Items like Rugtiles.. If you want i can spend my Time to search and list them all. Items that dont Mess with Rare / Donation items.. Items that needs more as once Type to Complete .. Items that brings a little bit Value for the People to have them..
Items that are worth to farm.

I understand that Donation Items are needed for the Server.. And this is no Flame its just an Idea.. To Hold People / bringing back the fun to use there PVM Chr.. Something other to do as Standing the whole day half AFK infront of Bank.

Its so easy just really do a 0.000001 % whatever this single % would be a reason i would farm more / again in the Hope to get something that is not really common.. Or i could trade or sell.. Items that people searching for .. It would make Vendorshopping more Valuable to really check them.. Because MAYBE he got something im still missing..

So here and i really dont maked this Post to flame someone or hate.. Its an IDEA.. Because i want that more People getting there Fun back to Farm or the Game itselfs.
Its really hurts when you ask around and you allways hear.. Yea but what shall we do there is nothing that is worth to farm.

So i hope my Idea dont comes wrong around. And shows what i want to say with it..

Would be nice when some other People say what they think about it.. Because i dont want to be the allways be the One that seems to be the One that allways Hate or meaning all is bad..

OMG sorry for my bad typed English .
I hope People understand what i mean

Some of the things aren't the best, but the idea of every monster having a particular (very) rare drop if it's worth the kill is a good idea and adds some sort of diversity to simply going to Shame 5/Hythloth 4/Fire 1 + 2/ Hedge maze.

TriXa

Grandmaster
yea not every mob need that chance.. But just adding some more Items they are Worth to Farm and Collect. And bringing someone some value no matter for here Personally DecoHouse or just Trading / Selling.

eppy

Grandmaster
Great ideas…

I’d love to see them add new content to random mob spawns all over other than the typical here is a new super hard boss that you need a group to take down. This would give the single players and or small group a reason to out hunting.

I love this idea. While I like taking tamers and killing the tough mobs, it simply isnt that fun. I like giving people a reason to get out into the world and walk around. Give people something to look for instead of just marking runes to all the RDA locations and recalling around to good dungeon spots. I miss that feeling of exploration of the landmass.

Nihilism

Grandmaster
Good idea. Would love to see this.
Would be extra nice if they were account bound. Meaning untradable.
Get more people spending more time interacting in dungeons etc and less time punching in their credit card numbers.

K A Z

Grandmaster
colored, RARE monster and animal statues would be cool.. what about a blaze orc statue that has a 1/100.000 drop chance or something like that ? Would be nuts. Maybe a collectable blood pentagram in a neat hue (since the normal one is already a donation item). I really like the idea behind such collectables.

Lavos

Master
Cool idea - would be awesome to see something like this spread out over many different facets of UO - put certain rug tiles as mob drops, some as crafting rewards, some in lockpicking chests, some needing 100 stealing, etc. Think of all the trade/activity something like that would stimulate on the server. Little changes like this can have a HUGE impact on keeping players active.

Anything that spreads some wealth out and distributes items toward non-tamers / large guilds would be awesome for the server IMO

TriXa

Grandmaster
Would be just nice when the Staff can give a Feedback if stuff like that is possible here. etc.. So you get a feeling that is thread not getting noticed.

exince

Grandmaster
i'd just be glad there would be some thing worth farming, something very rare and exceptional, something for "the wearable fashionistas" and something for the the "house deco fashionistas" worth farming..

at the moment, all the cool stuff comes from the donation vendor.. pk'ing the dealer at the streets corner is by far more appealing atm than farming on uof...

+1 on this idea or something similar...

asics

Grandmaster
Cool i posted this too without see you posted it before..i just made an addon gold sink..take a look..and +1 for you!

asics

Grandmaster
Really need some rares..wereables/decos into loots..

Maybe change bllod sadals from blod elemental and charch from lices..with (example) green sqndals from titans ad yelloe sandals from dragons.. Or stop polar bear mask from ice giend and put a green emerald bear mask into dragons.. Or mae the polar nother hue like ice blue..this not permanet but ciclic..im not farming more so much but i ave lie 6 or 7 bllod sandals and more charchorals..not so happy to get more of this .. Common rares ;)