TMaps

Shiva

Apprentice
Hey all,
So i'm doing some 1 lvl treasure maps, and it seems my Unlock spell won't open the chests, it's worked for me 1 time out of 4 chests.
My magery is 70ish, i should be able to open Plainly chests.
Does someone know what's wrong and why it's not working?
As I understand I don't need lockpicking for level 1.

Thanks.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
GM Magery will always work on level 1's, and I hear it can open level 2's with a few tries.

You're right, you don't need lockpicking for level 1's, but you do need to be GM or near enough. Also remember to cast either magic untrap, or telekinesis before opening. It would suck to get blown up after all the work of finding the damn thing.

Shiva

Apprentice
GM Magery will always work on level 1's, and I hear it can open level 2's with a few tries.

You're right, you don't need lockpicking for level 1's, but you do need to be GM or near enough. Also remember to cast either magic untrap, or telekinesis before opening. It would suck to get blown up after all the work of finding the damn thing.

Thanks for the reply.
Well, the explosion not really bothers me, cuz i can't crack them out :)
It's worked on 1 chest, not the other 3, so it's really weird.
I've 70 magery, it should work :\

Shiva

Apprentice
BTW, I was thinking of making a Treasure Hunter template, but not sure what to do.
I've my Blacksmither, except of BS and mining not doing much, this's his skills:
Arms Lore - 100
Blacksmithy - 50.5
Hiding - 100
Magery - 52.8
Mining - 63.3

I want to add Tinkering+Lockpicking+Cartography.
Tinkering for making closed boxes so i'll work on my Lockpicking (win win), and also to do some tinkering cuz he's a Mule already.
Maybe I can drop hiding a little bit and leave magery at about 50-80, tinkering i need 50 to make the locked boxes.

So it'll be something like this:
Arms Lore - 100
Blacksmithy - 100
Hiding - 70
Magery - 80
Mining - 100
Tinkering - 50
Lockpicking - 100
Cartography - 100

And then, after GMing lockpicking i'll drop tinkering maybe for Lumberjack or Fetching, don't know yet.

I know it's a weird template, but do u think it can work?
Cuz at the moment, I can't add 2 skills to my warrior or my archer-bard.
My only concern is that he'll not be able to defend him self against the swamping mobs from the chests... maybe with the magery and some axe in his hand.

Yoko Kurama

Master
First off, you only need 75 cart on this server! So right there is an easy 25-28.6ish points.
You need gm magery to pop the chests with unlock. Or better yet, lockpicking.
I would suggest you have a separate character for crafting. Blacksmith is very good, but you want to make it a pure crafter mule and add some more skills on it. As for the thunter, you can leave mining, it works very well.
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 lockpicking
75 cart
90 magery
100 alchemy
120 mining
35 meditate

I used this template, it is great for popping chests in dungeons, mining, scouting, and best of all great for thunts. You dig, 25 shovel strokes, then hit hide and you hide before anything aggros...you can disarm the chest and stealth away safely...then bring in your provoker or whatever character to clear the chest. Being a stealth miner is great, really the only way to mine.

As for a crafter, you may want to just put tailoring, tinker, bowcrafting, carpentry, or something similar.
Arms lore is interesting, I don't think much use for having it on any character except a meta-dexxer. http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans
If you do have a talisman, the buff from arms lore is huge...it makes you miss much less with weapons, and with slowers weapons ie not katana, it makes a huge difference, and even with faster weapons, still a nice bonus.

Any questions, feel free to pm me or hit me up on irc @Yoko

Shiva

Apprentice
First off, you only need 75 cart on this server! So right there is an easy 25-28.6ish points.
You need gm magery to pop the chests with unlock. Or better yet, lockpicking.
I would suggest you have a separate character for crafting. Blacksmith is very good, but you want to make it a pure crafter mule and add some more skills on it. As for the thunter, you can leave mining, it works very well.
100 hiding
100 stealth
100 lockpicking
75 cart
90 magery
100 alchemy
120 mining
35 meditate

I used this template, it is great for popping chests in dungeons, mining, scouting, and best of all great for thunts. You dig, 25 shovel strokes, then hit hide and you hide before anything aggros...you can disarm the chest and stealth away safely...then bring in your provoker or whatever character to clear the chest. Being a stealth miner is great, really the only way to mine.

As for a crafter, you may want to just put tailoring, tinker, bowcrafting, carpentry, or something similar.
Arms lore is interesting, I don't think much use for having it on any character except a meta-dexxer. http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Meta_Talismans
If you do have a talisman, the buff from arms lore is huge...it makes you miss much less with weapons, and with slowers weapons ie not katana, it makes a huge difference, and even with faster weapons, still a nice bonus.

Any questions, feel free to pm me or hit me up on irc @Yoko

Hey Yoko, thanks a lot for the info.
I read somewhere about the arms lore for Blacksmither, that it makes the armor/weps stronger or something, so i did it :)
No talisman, i even don't know what it is, i'm playing only for about a week or so, so don't know really much in generally, just what i find in forums/google hehe.

Anyway, do I need to have magery+lockpicking? or is lockpicking enough to open chests?
I've a mage-tamer that i started work on it, but then i thought, meh, what do i really need it for? just taming? so i stopped working on him.
Then I said to my self, maybe i'll convert him to a mage-treasure hunter, and i'll drop taming and animal lore and raise lockpicking+carpentry, this could work.

70 Cart will unlock level 6 maps
95 Lockpicking will unlock level 6 chests, if you are planning on soloing these then check out the thread in the PvM section, but basically you also want something like
100 Provoking
100 music
100 Magery
100 Meditation
And I have fishing on mine but you might like to use the last 100 points for hiding or resist spells. Also, you need only 70 cart to read level 6 maps now but i think the new expansion will change that, it might have to be gm soon

Shiva

Apprentice
70 Cart will unlock level 6 maps
95 Lockpicking will unlock level 6 chests, if you are planning on soloing these then check out the thread in the PvM section, but basically you also want something like
100 Provoking
100 music
100 Magery
100 Meditation
And I have fishing on mine but you might like to use the last 100 points for hiding or resist spells. Also, you need only 70 cart to read level 6 maps now but i think the new expansion will change that, it might have to be gm soon

Thanks!
I like this setup, i think I'll go with it.
Cartography - 75
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Music - 100
Provo - 100
Resist - 50
Hiding - 75

Though, I don't know if I need hiding, cuz i can use Invisibility spell and instead of Hiding to use Eval.

Thanks!
I like this setup, i think I'll go with it.
Cartography - 75
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Music - 100
Provo - 100
Resist - 50
Hiding - 75

Though, I don't know if I need hiding, cuz i can use Invisibility spell and instead of Hiding to use Eval.
You could use eval, but magery for this build is mainly used for ev's or demons so it will go largely unused. Hiding is better than invis because of the cast time and interruptability. Tbh, i would go either or with hiding or resist, as 50 resist doesn't stop a lot, and at 75 hiding it will hide most of the time, except that one time you really need it to :) Glhf

tribes10

Journeyman
sorry to interrupt the conversation here, how you can know the level of the chest?

I have some chests from paragon

Thank you

sorry to interrupt the conversation here, how you can know the level of the chest?

Thank you

Oh nice work! Depends on what monster it was that dropped the chest. I think it works like the t-map rankings for mobs or similar. I.e. ancient wyrms spawn on a level 6 map, so if you got a chest from an ancient wyrm paragon it would be a level 6 chest. Or something along thise lines anyway. (on my phone or i would put up a link)

halv

Grandmaster
I want to add Tinkering+Lockpicking+Cartography.

There is no need to put Cartography and Lockpicking on the same char. If you team up your chars, everybody in the team can pick from the chest without going grey. You only need 70% Cartography to dig up the chest. With 30% Mining you will find the chests much quicker, because you can dig two tiles away from the chest and will still find it. If you're using a mage or dexxer for thunting and this char is going to become a meta, you really need to put Cartography on another char, because of spriti speak and arms lore for the meta.

Pretty well for thunting is a bard or a tamer. Many people put cartography and lockpicking on some stealth char.
I dig up with my scout, unlock with my meta mage and kill the mobs with one my metas, depends on level and mob. But I can't solo a level 5-6 tmap. A provo bard or provo tamer can solo up to level 6. You will need a blue beetle to carry all the loot if you are doing level 3 or higher.

halv

Grandmaster

Thank you

The level of the chest is mostly the level of the mob. A ogre or ettin paragon will drop a level 1 chest, inside you will found a level 2 t-map.
The t-map inside the paragon is always chest level +1.

Shiva

Apprentice
There is no need to put Cartography and Lockpicking on the same char. If you team up your chars, everybody in the team can pick from the chest without going grey. You only need 70% Cartography to dig up the chest. With 30% Mining you will find the chests much quicker, because you can dig two tiles away from the chest and will still find it. If you're using a mage or dexxer for thunting and this char is going to become a meta, you really need to put Cartography on another char, because of spriti speak and arms lore for the meta.

Pretty well for thunting is a bard or a tamer. Many people put cartography and lockpicking on some stealth char.
I dig up with my scout, unlock with my meta mage and kill the mobs with one my metas, depends on level and mob. But I can't solo a level 5-6 tmap. A provo bard or provo tamer can solo up to level 6. You will need a blue beetle to carry all the loot if you are doing level 3 or higher.

Thank you for the reply.
At the moment I'm going with this template:
Cartography - 70
Eval - 70
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Music - 100
Provo - 100
Resist - 60

Someone showed me how they hunt lvl 2 maps with similar template with no problem, casting EV or Deamon to protect.
So I'll try this one for now, although i prefer Eval 100 for the spells boost, but can't have them all, right? :)

Shiva

Apprentice
So, I worked on my Mage-Hunter a bit, but now I see that I've too many skills.
These are the skills at the moment:
ZXWr252.png

I'm thinking of dropping some skills and replacing them.
The goal is to have:

Cartography - 70
Eval - 100
Hiding - 100
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Stealth - 100
Resist - 30

I know it's not best template, but it'll allow me to hide & stealth in dungeons and open chests without aggro any mobs.
Plus, creating EV's and then just stealth away and let them do the job.
And instead of Provo the mobs, I can use my GM Eval to make some real dmg.
What do you think about it?

Expendable

Master
This will be fine up to about level 4(cleverly) maps i think.Elder Gazer's and Daemons will dispell your ev in a second. imo Hiding and Stealth really arent needed unless your really making this character just to do chests in dungeons, youd be 100 percent better off with provo/music.

Shiva

Apprentice
This will be fine up to about level 4(cleverly) maps i think.Elder Gazer's and Daemons will dispell your ev in a second. imo Hiding and Stealth really arent needed unless your really making this character just to do chests in dungeons, youd be 100 percent better off with provo/music.

Thanks Expendable!
So do you recommend to drop Hiding & Resist and keep the Music & Provo?
Like this:
Cartography - 70
Eval - 100
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Music - 100
Provo - 100

Expendable

Master
100% will be easier to do tmaps and staying alive, except in the case of PK's, but hey, nothings perfect. It even looks like you could spend 30 points in hiding if you wanted, which makes house hiding waaaay easier IMO, and generally there is some kind of civilization (houses, towns) near the t-map location.

Shiva

Apprentice
100% will be easier to do tmaps and staying alive, except in the case of PK's, but hey, nothings perfect. It even looks like you could spend 30 points in hiding if you wanted, which makes house hiding waaaay easier IMO, and generally there is some kind of civilization (houses, towns) near the t-map location.

Cool man, so I'll try it out.
Thanks a lot for the help :)

halv

Grandmaster
The goal is to have:

Cartography - 70
Eval - 100
Hiding - 100
Lockpicking - 100
Magery - 100
Meditation - 100
Stealth - 100
Resist - 30

That's almost my old template and I have to say, I really can't recommend it.

I changed stealth to resist 100% and fought back the spawns to go meta. Up to level 4 with slayer spellbooks and a demon summoned you will handle this and will get you your 100 "evil" kills very quickly. But with your talisman you need to get spirit speak to save mana. Time to drop hiding and start using invis spell.
If you wanna go meta, then do this to level up quickly. If you wanna do level 6 tmaps: Listen to @Expendable !!!