1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Wrath - April 29th, 2016

Discussion in 'Events' started by Shane, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    [​IMG]

THE WRATH
    FRIDAY, APRIL 29TH, 2016

Poseidon was agitated with his brothers, but that was nothing new.

“I tell you, they have gone too far! They have built vessels that are twice the size of any leviathan, then cast nets into the depths while riding them! They steal from me, daily. Even the whirlpools I've conjured up do not daunt them. Their greed and ambition have grown without restraint!” The last was delivered as he smashed the butt end of his trident against the floor of the temple, shaking it's foundation.

“It is true,” Vulcan spoke up, his firey breath making the air around him boil in the heat. “They have come into places where only the strongest of my children might call home, and they have desecrated them! My efreeti and salamanders harry them without end, and still they come! Trudging up the stone, digging into my flesh for ores, killing my dragons for sport!” Seething, the god of fire glowed an angry orange. “I have burned with hatred for them for so long, I know not when I started! I want to boil away their cities and houses and leave nothing but ash in my wake!”

Finally, from the shadows, Hades stood up. “The dead have not rested well this month,” he spoke, softly as a misty night. “Many have the graves been disturbed in their quests for power. Tombs are broken into and plundered, mausoleums violated. The dead howl with suffering from their endless assaults.” The lord of the underworld paced about, his shadow putting out fires that Vulcan had started. “It cannot stand any longer. Man must be taught a lesson in humility. We will take back our realms and evict these troublesome pests. It is agreed?” The other two gods nodded in ascent.

“Then this day, water, fire and death agree: Sosoria must face our wrath!” Hades intoned, his voice louder, but his tone still without emotion. “We shall pull them into our realms, into the seas and volcanos, and finally into the grave!” With that, the lords of Sosoria drew their weapons together and pledged, “Our wrath is nigh!”
    (Credit to @House Thantos for this story line).

[​IMG]
    WEEK LONG INVASION EVENT

TOP 3 LEADERBOARD PLAYERS WILL RECEIVE:

1ST: Introducing: The War Dog Ethereal Mount

[​IMG]

2ND: Statue of Loyalty + 10k Donation Coins
    [​IMG]

3RD: Statue of Loyalty + 5k Donation Coins
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT:
    • All creatures have a chance at dropping crystal fragment currency.
    • Certain creatures will have a chance at dropping unique rares.
    • Special new bosses will be spawned.
    • A new champion spawn type will be introduced.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2016
    34 people like this.
  2. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2013
    How did you get my Ex to pose for that pic??

20 people like this.
  3. Hildr'Valkyrie

Hildr'Valkyrie Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Hildr, Yula, Rota, Lilian
    Whaaat is it?? Looks ocean related!!!! The Privateers are ready!

8 people like this.
  4. Trojandrew

Trojandrew Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Who's Wrath? I already have dibs on Poseidon!

4 people like this.
  5. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    Ty @Shane Redrum is ready to do some killing

6 people like this.
  6. Godsrage

Godsrage Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Godsrage
    i am hoping it will be out at sea and to see some Osriadon Statue coming out of this

4 people like this.
  7. Hildr'Valkyrie

Hildr'Valkyrie Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Hildr, Yula, Rota, Lilian
    I'd say it would be nice if it was partially on land and on sea. So those without boats can enjoy it and those with boats don't have to join the landlubbers! And I hope to see the Osiredon Statue as well, it is a beauty, would look well in the Privateer's Museum of Ocean Rarities!

5 people like this.
  8. Blackmartin

Blackmartin Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Blackmartin
    Of course awesome things happen when my fiancé tricks me into going to stagecoach with her :eek:

5 people like this.
  9. parsnip

parsnip Moderator Staff Member

Jul 11, 2013
    After binge watching the Vikings, I was going to suggest a Norse themed invasion but this sounds way cooler! Praise Odin!

5 people like this.
  10. Phoenixrider

Phoenixrider Active Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Phoenixrider, Yoana
    Can someone send a link about invasion for new players like me so we can understand what's about to happen? :)

11. The Dancing Bard

The Dancing Bard Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    haven't done any events here yet. is this like a 24/7 thing starting on Friday. or are the events only at certain times throughout that week?

12. Jongi09

Jongi09 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Usually 24/7

Sounds like a good event!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

13. Melvin J Shaw

Melvin J Shaw Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2016
    chewbra
    I can't wait

14. parsnip

Jul 11, 2013
    There are sometimes short adhoc events which you need to be online at a particular time for. At this kind of week long event, you can usually participate at any time. They recently revamped the invasion system so there may be some cool custom mobs and no doubt plenty of spawn around the clock :)

15. parsnip

Jul 11, 2013
    I think @Shane's initial post will be updated when more detail are available. You can check out the most recent invasion event here: http://www.uoforum.com/threads/war-of-elements.75853/ It some useful information about the recently added invasion system too.

16. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Looks like they posted that this will be a week long invasion. The invasion system they are using now is fairly new now for all of us. At the end of the last invasion they were using it. So how it went the last time is that they will pick an area, likely a town, to be invaded. The spawn will only spawn in that area and can't be lured out of it. If they get lured out of the area they de-spawn or move to a new location.

The spawn is usually made up of primarily a basic mob and 1-2 mid/high-end special mobs sprinkled in. The new system allows the staff to customize what the special mobs are and their abilities. In the last week long event they had different hued fire elemental and kraken that was a re-skinned balron. There was a 2-3 hour easter event where they had bunnies that were re-skinned liches. So you may have to be adaptable about what slayers you use as a dexer. You will also need to be careful for disarm thieves or thieves in general if you try to carry more then one weapon on you.

The spawn rate when the invasion first starts or when they re-set it isn't instant anymore like the old system but at the beginning it still grows very quickly so you need to be ready to get to the edge of the invasion area if they do a reset. Once it is running though the spawn rate is pretty manageable when there are a lot of people working the spawn. If the population goes down the spawn can start to get overwhelming but it should build gradually giving you time to react.

The loot there may be custom loot added for the spawn. The staff has some control over adding some items to the invasion spawn loot table. For sure there will be invasion crystal fragments that you can collect. Currently they are going for 100-125k each on the market so if you get one be sure to get it banked quick before it gets stolen. Again in the previous invasion there was also hedge deeds that dropped. Those are minor gold sink house deco vendor items so they may add something like that again to mix things up. Depending on the mobs they use if they re-skin liches and they still have the MOTM loot you could have a chance at any of the rares that drop from them. Now that stealable rares have been added to loot on mobs, even with a very low drop chance, having such a large quantity of mobs spawning there is a good chance you will see or hear about some of those items drop depending on what monsters they use for the invasion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
    8 people like this.
  17. Master Roshi

Master Roshi Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Master Roshy, Pikkolo
    It's what they are best at!

18. AssHat

AssHat Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2015
    this is the link lol

and this is as much info is given to all the players every event so be prepared!!!

19. Phoenixrider

Phoenixrider Active Member

Mar 8, 2016
    Phoenixrider, Yoana
    Thank you very much, it is very helpful :)

5 people like this.
  20. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    Instead of turning the guards off(and effectively killing the event for the duration guards stay off) you should simply create an area of the event that is like Bucs -- you will flag grey(not criminal) for being in this area. However, with the risk of you being gray comes something like 3x the chance of crystal drops.

This way if you want PVP you can go there but if you dont want PVE, your event experience doesnt change at all.

6 people like this.