The Mist Shrouded Island (Raffle Island)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andomin

Master
Plots on the island are all sold:
I wanted to go ahead and share the news that the plots on the raffle island have been sold to the Pirates Alliance, consisting of PCH and T^C. All of the houses will have a central pirate theme, and they're being designed by a guild member. The breakdown of house plots is about one 30x30, six 18x18, one 14x9, and two 10x14. This is on top of my custom house on the island and the custom auction house.

Details for Island Events:
Once a month we'll be holding a day of events on the island. We'll have a bagball event and auction house event, maybe even our own dueling tournaments, since the island is home to an awesome dueling pit. We're still working out details on how players will get to the island, there are multiple ways we can do it, but rest assured we'll pick the route of transportation that makes sure gankers and thieves don't spoil the fun for everyone else.

Features of the Island:
No one can mark recall runes on the island except for my character, making it one of the safest places to have a home, as it's difficult to get to. The island also has no spawn. On the island there are two custom houses, along with numerous flowers and ponds that add to the ambiance. Aside from the decorations, the island is also home to a custom bagball stadium, dueling pit, and auction house. The auction house will be the best player auction house on the server, simple due to the security features it has to make sure that players are unable to interrupt the event.

Details on Auctions:
We're going to have a small handful of auctioneers that will each seek out items to sell, or find buyers that would like to sell items. They'll be able to charge their own fee if they desire, but the Mist Shrouded Island Auction House will only charge a 1% fee on all auctions. Each auctioneer will have access to a strongbox in the building. This will be the safest auction house on the server for players. Our focus will be on fewer items with higher values. Our plan is to make this an event that people will save up for. Once the construction on the island is complete, we'll set a date for our first auction, and release those details on the player ran events forum.

Pictures of the Island
b4f12c4f1d.jpg

e294ca0699.jpg

c1a05e009d.jpg

3d419b113a.jpg

Special Thanks to:
@Adam & the UOForever Staff, thank you for putting so much time into the island and dealing with my incessant nagging.
@Messremb & T^C, y'all the real MVPS, couldn't have asked for better people to sell to.
@Bobby123 , for annoying the piss out of me daily.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You can call it trammel if you want, but how utterly stupid would it be to have an auction house in a place where it is really unsafe to even get the items there?

I mean that's kinda silly.

Rest assured that even if there is no protection we will provide it ourselves and have that island on lock when things like auctions are happening. Don't forget you're talking to the Pirate Alliance!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I should also add everyone should be really thankful that the person who won this island is really wanting to put it to great public use.
Not many people would do that, it's a great thing, and we support that 100%

SpyderBite

Expert
You can call it trammel if you want, but how utterly stupid would it be to have an auction house in a place where it is really unsafe to even get the items there?

I mean that's kinda silly.

Rest assured that even if there is no protection we will provide it ourselves and have that island on lock when things like auctions are happening. Don't forget you're talking to the Pirate Alliance!
Well if you have protection; what's with the game mechanics protection? That's what UO is about. If a pk or thief disrupts a player event, then players should address the disruption.

SpyderBite

Expert
I should also add everyone should be really thankful that the person who won this island is really wanting to put it to great public use.
Not many people would do that, it's a great thing, and we support that 100%
I agree. However I don't think any game mechanics should protect the island. If the island winner wants to make it a private island so be it. But if events are going to be held there; then there is no reason for the training wheels.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. However I don't think any game mechanics should protect the island. If the island winner wants to make it a private island so be it. But if events are going to be held there; then there is no reason for the training wheels.

We've never ever let game mechanics protect any player ran event really...

That's why the previous person who use to run auctions quit doing them.
Everyone knows we are completely balanced when it comes to those things.

SpyderBite

Expert
We've never ever let game mechanics protect any player ran event really...

That's why the previous person who use to run auctions quit doing them.
Everyone knows we are completely balanced when it comes to those things.
Cool. :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh I guess that's true, it has already been an issue at previous player ran auctions.

Tighten' up yer bootstraps, boys and girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.