1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Meta Spider

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    Yes, those who grind/play the most do tend to have the most gold.

2 people like this.
  2. Bobby123

Bobby123 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Bobby
    a pretty well thought post .

3. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    spider poison should be uncureable by mobs

4 people like this.
  4. exince

exince Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2013
    thanks to @eppy i was able to do some further testing. this time with a lvl 7, all relics at lvl 10.

good things first: it has potential and current state is likely not too far off...
    bad things later: its a night/day difference with or without brood relic. as reported earlier by other players, brood relic is a game changer.

besides some regular farming, we did a test vs a custom spawned minotaur-rda boss (don't worry, boss was never killed, would have taken far too long, no relics dropped, and so on and so on..). the score mini-gump wasnt showing, we just let it run on spider and dragon/steed for 3 minutes and checked remaining hp after 3 minutes.. the result was not too far off, dragon/steed combo turning out to be better. HOWEVER: result is biased as the minotaur miniboss has no magery and so no way to cure, having lethal poison ticking for the whole duration of the test. so a real life (game :)) situation would make the result pointing more clearly towards dragon/steed combo.

Overall farming was pleasant as farming can be. Dragon/steed again, clearly being the winner. spider did shine vs mobs with poison on hit, which was to be expected.

Relics, from best to worst:

Brood:

What it does:
    Summons spiderlings, which deal (low) damage themselves, but also adds pack instinct to the spider, raising its damage. For it to work, your character needs to stay close to the spider.
    Feedback: Its the KEY relic for spider. it's what makes the spider feel like a meta pet and not a deathbeetle without magery. having or not having it feels like a difference from day and night.
    Suggestion: The duration is far too short. often spider will not firebreath during its activation time, which is actually the strongest damage attack. Duration should be increased. I'd start by increasing the duration by 50 - 100% (requires testing). The drawback of having to stay close makes it almost a must to have a longer duration.. To get in range during champs & co. or to increase the damage output of the spider overall.

Dessicate:
    What it does:
    Similar to bloody talons for dragon/steed. But not a fixed ammount of damage. Every tick varies, can be lower than talons, but also much higher. overall stronger than talons. Also heals the spider for 50% of the damage dealt
    Feedback: Feels well and balanced. The heal (around a vet bandage) helps keeping it alive, without being too strong. Damage is good and well needed.
    Suggestion: Just cosmetic, change the color of the blood on the floor (currently red like bloody talons).. make it greenish :)

Necrosis:
    What it does:
    Similar to the dragons molten relic. Seems to procc only in melee range. I really tried to figure out what its damage is, but its again totally random. however, i've never seen it doing nearly as much damage als molten relic.
    Feedback: I was unsure which one is worse. This or carapace. But it feels lacking.
    Suggestion: Raise its damage. Or raise its damage slightly and give it an AOE poisoning effect. Even if its cured easily, does help on champ score on lower levels (like nox does)

Carapace:
    What it does:
    it increases (should increase?) the spiders AR. Its not visible while loring it. It should also give the spider stamina back on proc (currently not working - awaiting reboot)
    Feedback: I really did not notice any difference when it procced. Spiders health went down as easily. possibly because main damage being magical. I could also not say if it was active or not. maybe also because of uosteam target coloring i had on. not sure. Anyway, its somewhat a key relic for the spider, when stam gets low and spider hits super-slow. But feels lacking...
    Suggestion: If it doesnt have any: Give it an animation which makes it visible it has procced and is active. And the effect itself is barely (if at all) visible. Maybe give it some kind of damage reflect? Or give it not only AR but temporary higher magic resist?

Feedback on spider itself:
    - besides dex (and ofc int), stats are similar to dragons.. hp is actually lower then on some dragons
    - poison is easily curable by everything casting magery higher than a destard-regular-dragon. so a + is easily negated. but it somehow also helps to negate incoming damage.
    - i'm not very experienced in PvP, so take my comments with that in mind. It feels like a deathbeetle with its poison. Instead of magery it has firebreath, so it feels kinda balanced. The firebreath cooldown and lack of magery makes it easily kiteable however.

Suggestions:
    - HP should be higher than it is currently for a "tanky" pet..
    - DEX/attack speed could use a slight boost. helps reapplying poison which is easily curable. attack speed would raise its base damage, which still seems to be a bit lacking
    - Green.. poison.. overall.. give it poison.. add poisoning to necrosis.. make its firebreath kind of a "venom spit", giving it additional poisoning to mobs and a bit more pk-protecction (lethal vs players could turn out to be op - so adjust accordingly) and be at least a bit an annoyance. for pvp/protecction dragon/mare combo will still be first choice by far

Again, thanks for reading and once more thanks to @eppy for giving me the opportunity to test a fully stocked spider.

Cheers
    ex.

4 people like this.
  5. eppy

eppy Administrator Staff Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Admin Post
    That wouldnt be a useful number, just like the current powerscroll count is useless. There is too much gold and too many powerscrolls stuck in old account banks. We cant really tell without making a report to ignore all the orphaned accounts.

2 people like this.
  6. Derwolf

Derwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    jesus..

meta pets are srs bsns

7. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    @exince

try with 2nd Arachnid type pet ( Giant Spider or Scorpion) for Pack Instinct

8. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    Very good breakdown. I had the same experience with carapace. I could not tell any difference in damage inflicted when I saw the proc message. Also couldn't tell how long it lasted. Supposedly it gains 300ar but I never could Lore it quick enough to see.

I don't see why you need to be close to the pet for brooding to work. In fact when I tested it the broods damaged me standing with the spider to vet.

2 people like this.
  9. eppy

Sep 18, 2013
    Admin Post
    It's not a spider limitation it's the way pack instincts work

2 people like this.
  10. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I actually thought pack instinct wasn't in effect. Care to elaborate?

11. eppy

Sep 18, 2013
    Admin Post
    Pack instincts have been on since I started here. No one makes use of them.

12. TheFallen

TheFallen Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    You know me better than that. I should show you my packs.
    The damage just never seemed to be what it should.

13. eppy

Sep 18, 2013
    Admin Post
    You have to be within 3 tiles

14. God.RG

God.RG Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2013
    good buy/sell!
    glad to see it's going well.

15. Harry Berries

Harry Berries Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Biggest lie to date. :(

2 people like this.
  16. ProdigyOsi

ProdigyOsi Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Calsifer [Werkt] - Guild Leader
  17. SirLothar

SirLothar Moderator Staff Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Sir Lothar, Nicolas Cage
    This is exactly why brood effect needs to be screenwide or no restriction at all. @eppy

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  18. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer

Damn bobby, even the PvM junkie made almost as many points as you. This thing must suck real hard if a total newbie can almost outscore you

19. Bobby123

Bobby123 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Bobby
    META Spider is VERY GOOD actually !

I CAME HALFWAY and i got 6th place !

IMAGINE if i came at the right from the start ............................

20. lollo

lollo Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    RunYourDead / GoogleMyName / Superlollo / a wandering dealer
    I guess that's why everyone is trying to sell it

Storytimeeeee