1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terms of use / Rules update: RDA's and Multi-Clienting

Discussion in 'News' started by Shane, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swayze

Swayze Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2014
    Swayze
    This isn't a PVP style thread guys.

2 people like this.
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I approve of this.

[/thread]

3. Cash is King

Cash is King Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    This change is dece situ. 10/10 would recommend.

I'd prefer if all 3 RDA's were on their own random timers that start when the gate closes. Since all 3 RDA's wouldn't always be up at once it's harder to find one, but I'm sure at times they would overlap and 2 or all 3 could be up at the same time. The stone isn't that expensive and guilds can split up the cost and they will know for sure an RDA is out there and it's worth searching for. Also, if each RDA is on their own random timer, tracking teams won't be waiting ready to be deployed as soon as someone in guild spams "RDA's are up!"

Also - there will be fewer RDA's per 24 hours with this suggestion (if the timers start after they close) so maybe add a 4th RDA to the mix? :rolleyes:

6 people like this.
  4. Caso

Caso Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2016
    michael Caso
    I think this only needs to apply to RDAS. Champs have large areas so the ability to Zerg a small area doesn't really exist...

Please rethink champs... You need both a pvper there and a pvmer to kill and protect champ... This is what POWER use to do... We can't compete with the likes of the eqms zergs as we don't have 20 players

2 people like this.
  5. Caso

Caso Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2016
    michael Caso
    Power doesn't do RDAs because of the Zerg component. But I agree with a lot of what has been said here... Maybe make RDAS on a random timer... As it stands baracoon is on 24/7 as with eqms Zerg and they have it timed perfectly. So why both with RDAs

6. Dig'em

Dig'em Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    I'm not sure why people are super upset about the timer thing, it's every 6 hours so you only need to catch them popping once and you're good. But even then server saves variate the time up to an hour some nights. I've spent many hours staring at that gem, and this is why we know exactly when they're up.

2 people like this.
  7. Messremb

Messremb Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    i have always thought something like this is a good idea, why does the staff want a player base that plays for 1-2 hours then logs off for 4. if RDAs timers were random 2-3 hours after closing there would almost always be one RDA up and thus people have something to do no mater what time they log on, and no reason to log off and wait for the next round, you basically create something that people can constantly be doing, and want to be doing.

i know back when i was a player in the RDA game, we would log on for RDAs, knock them out in 1-2 hours, then all of us switch over to LOL or some other game, cause all we really wanted to do was RDAs.

also people complaining about werkt and $ need to give it a rest, the only thing $ ever did wrong was multi client PVP, and they got called out on it. Werkt has a group of active people now, but from what i hear they dont split loot, so players with Metas\Upgraded portal gem have huge advantage, also they will have trouble getting people to defend now cause who wants to give up their chance at a relic to help someone else get that chance. that means they will be more vulnerable to raids. this change is a double edge sword and everyone will feel it soon enough.

i look forward to the QQ posts from everyone soon to come.

P.S. first weekend i haven't had to work since Christmas, cant wait to see you all in game!!!

6 people like this.
  8. StrawberryInYourFace

StrawberryInYourFace Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Are you kidding me? Many many times we spend hours finding them everytime they spawn and there has been many times where we fail to locate the last one. And obviously you didn't read the fact that other guilds have trackers and are trying. You know why? Because they aren't going to sit here and complain that they do not get to enjoy an RDA because of other guilds. It is not one guild that gets them all. I will say there are three main guilds at the moment, but that has been changing already for the good.
    You guys need to stop targeting werkt. We put the effort into finding them. We try our hardest to either fight off or defend RDAs from eqms or money. So please just stop the complaints and do something about it. Make some dang trackers and go out on the land to look for them. It is a fixed 6 hour timer. Buy a stone to see when they are up and what type they are.
    I mean really guys...

5 people like this.
  9. Dig'em

Dig'em Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Amen sista gurllll

10. Young Star

Young Star Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2015
    Bryden Rivers, YoungStar, Young Star, Tom Sevenstreams
    No. He was caught again using multiple characters in a pvp scenario.

3 people like this.
  11. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Lord Puffy
    ADAPT and accept it. its here to stay and its a great change.

puts everyone on a more even playing field.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    2 people like this.
  12. CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    CAPTUN AUSTRALIA
    I only read the first page, but a really bad change imo.

I was doing 2-3 man spawns (i even solo'd one once), and we'd multi client with ev macros etc, now we can't do this.

It's not like we were multi clienting pvp, just the pvm aspect.

This also means it will be more difficult for players to defend champs if you are a smaller group since you can't multi client pvp toons when crashed.

IMO, not very well thought out, i would say i'm surprised, but i'm just not. #Vesperinvasion#bootyisland#newage2015

11 people like this.
  13. Salsa

Salsa Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Not what this thread is about.

14. GluttonySDS

GluttonySDS Well-Known Member

May 2, 2013
    I agree with this -- the multi clienting of tamers in RDAs was lame because everyones on foot in a small box. Champs are big open areas and are much easier to raid/defend/survive regardless of how many tamers someone brings.

2 people like this.
  15. EvilAcid

EvilAcid Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    EvilAcid
    Magnetar
    Snaga's Revenge
    I am still trying to figure out why said guild hasnt learned the basic warfare principle of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Truth be told diplomacy seems to be a lost cause to greed here. Anywho i could give a rats ass on the specifics of multi clienting rda/champs. as i would prefer single client and minimal scripting in general. I just ask for whatever rules/guidelines to be cemented in stone. Such as the wiki.

16. Cerebellum

Cerebellum Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2014
    I too think that spawns are less of the issue. However, it still leaves a door open for the multi client PvP, specifically with tamers and 6 dragons. PvM turns to PvP in these areas almost in an instant. So if it's OK here, but no where else, I don't see how staff will be able to manage the difference.

Either way, I think with the new rules just applying to RDAs, the bitching will be cut down by 90%.

The thing I find the funniest about this whole thing is that @Bobby123 brought this on himself and his guild with the non-stop shit posting about $ winning again. You can only spit in the face of the staff and rest of the playerbase for so long.

This is absolutely the "$ Rule" and it's well deserved.

4 people like this.
  17. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    i would also ok if we name it "in memory of Flube"

18. hApPyNoOb

hApPyNoOb Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2015
    Shane told on IRC what champ restriction will be removed :)

19. girana

girana Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    @Shane
    any update ?

20. Shane

Shane Administrator Staff Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Admin Post
    NOTE:
    I have update the rule to remove champion spawns from said rule.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.